- A biosynthesis company
- Synthetic Biology community Wiki, hosted by MIT & Harvard researchers
- Synthetic Biology in Practice, a blog by Howard Salis
- Synthetic biology @ Berkeley/LBL
- Jim Collin's Lab @ Boston University
- Jingdong Tian's Lab @ Duke University
- George Church's Lab @ Harvard Medical School
- Drew Endy's Lab @ MIT
- The Pawson Lab website @ SLRI, Mount Sinai Hospital (Toronto)
- Christina Smolke's Lab @ Caltech
- Ron Weiss's Lab at Princeton University web site.
- Michael Elowitz's Lab @ Caltech
- Web page of the Synthetic Biology Spanish group participating this year in the iGEM. Contains a lot of information about what is Synthetic Biology, the iGEM competition, and the proyect they are making.
- Lingchong You's Lab @ Duke University
- Chris Voigt's Lab at University of California, San Francisco web site.
- GenScript USA Inc.: A gene synthesis/DNA synthesis company
- Andy Ellington's Lab @ The University of Texas at Austin
- Codon Devices: A Synthetic Biology Startup
- Synthetic Genomics: A Synthetic Biology Startup
- J. Craig Venter Institute
- DNA2.0: A gene synthesis company
- Synthetic Biology Project @ SLRI, Mount Sinai Hospital (Toronto)
- Programmable Cells: Engineer Turns Bacteria Into Living Computers, an exposition of synthetic biology
- Synthetic Biology Blog
- Synthetic gene design software collection by Gang Wu @ UMBC Evolvingcode research group
- Harman on Technology Blog: Thoughts on applying software engineering practices to biology.
- the iGEM program - intercollegiate Genetically Engineered Machines
- An annual competition which challenges researchers from the undergraduate to postgraduate level to create synthetic biology creations. The program is presented in conjunction with
- MIT's Registry of Standard Parts, a repository for genetic parts specifically modified to facilitate synthetic biology projects.
- - Bio-Multimedia Synthetic forms of entertainment