- Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
- In the forests of the night,
- What immortal hand or eye
- Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
- "The wind doth blow today, my love
- And a few small drops of rain;
- I never had but one true-love
- In cold grave she was lain.
- Strong Son of God, immortal Love,
- Whom we, that have not seen thy face,
- By faith, and faith alone, embrace,
- Believing where we cannot prove;
- There lived a wife at Usher's Well,
- And a wealthy wife was she;
- She had three stout and stalwart sons,
- And sent them over the sea.
- Awake! for Morning in the Bowl of Night,
- Has flung the Stone that puts the stars to flight:
- And Lo! the Hunter of the East has caught
- The Sultan's Turret in a Noose of light.