- ^ Knight, John. Waiting for wolves in Japan: an anthropological study of people-wildlife relations. Oxford UP. 2003. 155. ISBN 9780199255184.
- ^ Nash, Susan Smith. Leadership and the E-Learning Organization. Texture. 2006. 222. ISBN 9780971206168.
- ^ Petersen, Hanne; Birger Poppel. Dependency, autonomy, sustainability in the Arctic. Ashgate. 1999. 286. ISBN 9781840147018.
- ^ The Bambi Effect. Portland Mercury. [2007-09-25]. "This is the Bambi Effect: our adverse reaction to cute critters being harmed."
- ^ Anti-hunting sentiment on the wane.. Times Community Newspapers. [2007-09-25]. "Remarking on the "Bambi Effect," noted demographer Diane Crispell wrote: "Ever since (the Walt Disney classic movie) Bambi, hunters have been typecast in the media as villains who take shots at anything that moves for the sheer love of killing.""
- ^ Boardman, Robert; Debora VanNijnatten. Canadian environmental policy: context and cases. Oxford UP. 2002.