- Lord Clarendon: History of the Rebellion and Civil Wars in England. 7 vols. Oxford, 1839
- Lord Clarendon: Life of Edward, Earl of Clarendon, Lord High Chancellor of England and Chancellor of the University of Oxford. Oxford, 1827
- SR Gardiner: History of the Great Civil War, 1642-1649. 4 vols. London, 1886-1891
- The Quarrel between the Earl of Manchester and Oliver Cromwell: documents collected by J. Bruce, with a historical preface completed by D. M. Masson. London, 1875 (Publications of the Camden Society. New Series, 12)
- Sir Philip Warwick: Memoires of the Reigne of King Charles I, with a Continuation to the Happy Restauration of King Charles II. London, 1701.