- ^ The Cenacle. Franciscan Custody of the Holy Land. [20 June 2009].
- ^ The Coenaculum. www.goisrael.com. Israel Ministry of Tourism. [20 June 2009].
- ^ John 20:19
- ^ Acts 1:13
- ^ Acts 1:15
- ^ Acts 2:1-4
- ^ Catholic Encyclopedia: Jerusalem (A.D. 71-1099): "During the first Christian centuries the church at this place was the centre of Christianity in Jerusalem, "Holy and glorious Sion, mother of all churches" (Intercession in "St. James' Liturgy", ed. Brightman, p. 54). Certainly no spot in Christendom can be more venerable than the place of the Last Supper, which became the first Christian church."
- "Church of the Apostles found on Mt. Zion" - article from the May/June 1990 issue of Biblical Archaeological Review
- The Judeo-Christian Synagogue and the Tomb of David
- The Development of the Judeo-Christian Synagogue