- BitKeeper homepage
- BitKeeper's note about the Nov 2003 security breach
- "Not quite Open Source" Article on Linux Weekly News, circa 1999, discussing features, licensing, Larry McVoy, and OSI.
- "No More Free BitKeeper" Discusses BitMover's decision to phase out the free version of BitKeeper
- "BitKeeper and Linux: The end of the road?" discusses the BitKeeper fiasco from three viewpoints: Linus Torvalds, Larry McVoy, Andrew "Tridge" Tridgell (the alleged reverse-engineer who offers a short explanation of the situation)
- How Tridge reverse-engineered Bitkeeper and Torvalds knifes Tridgell, two articles describing Tridgell's 2005 linux.conf.au keynote and comparing what he did to statements by Torvalds and McVoy
- SourcePuller is the result of Tridgell's efforts
- RMS: BitKeeper bon-voyage is a happy ending Richard Stallman on the Linux/BitKeeper fallout (formerly on NewsForge, currently on Linux.com)
- The Age Crunch time for Linus
- BitKeeper at the "Better SCM" Site - a collection of articles and essays about BitKeeper and its history.