维基百科讨论:Guestbook for non-Chinese speakers
Error Message while posting to my zh.wikipedia.org user talk page[编辑]
I speak English, but not Chinese. If this is the wrong place, please give me a link to the right place
I tried to post the following on my zh.wikipedia.org user talk page:
- == Wrong Place? ==
- I prefer that messages be posted to [ https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/User_talk:Guy_Macon ] instead of here, but if you post here I will get a weekly email notice and will eventually get back here to respond. This may take a week or two, so please be patient.
- If you find this page on any site other than zh.wikipedia.org you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that mirror pages may be outdated, and that I have no affiliation with or control of mirror websites. The original page is located at [ https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Guy_Macon ].
I got this error message:
Google Translate into English:
- Tip : Wikipedia is currently severely damage the automatic robot , edit your trigger automatic filter , temporarily unable to commit. If you are not spoilers , check to edit your submission meets the wiki syntax ( with particular reference to the source part ) , if no more problems, please report this error to us . Additionally , we recommend that you save your edits to the next submission .
- We for any inconvenience during this period caused you to extend my very apologetic , but also hope you can understand.
Global renaming and abuselog[编辑]
Hi, I noticed while performing a rename (nowadays only stewards & Global renamers handle these) that I couldn't move the userpage, blocked by abusefilter 49. Looking at the abuselog, it seems most of the users affected are global renamers or stewards, while performing a rename.Global renamers now skip the abusefilter when performing a global rename, but we, stewards, don't, when performing a local rename in order to finalise SUL.I wonder whether this filter can be either ammended, or where I should request that it'd be improved. Could, in the meantime, a local administrator move User talk:Bp0 to User talk:Bp0 (usurped) as part of my rename? With kind regards, Savh（留言） 2015年1月3日 (六) 09:52 (UTC)
- Hi, as AbuseFilter does not recognize global groups at all, I don't see an easy way for we to check for stewards. I thought there were bugs already on both adding support for global groups to AF and let global renames in general bypass AF (why was this not done for stewards?), but please feel free to poke some developers :) Jimmy Xu 论 2015年1月3日 (六) 13:21 (UTC)
Looking for feedback on my funding proposal to work with UNESCO[编辑]
Firstly please excuse that this message is in English and if I have put this in the wrong place. I’m looking for feedback and endorsement for my Wikimedia Foundation PEG grant to be Wikimedian in Residence at UNESCO. I’d very much appreciate if you would have a look, I want to include as many different languages as possible and connect editors in each country with local UNESCO partners. The most relevant goals to Wikipedia are:
- 1. Train UNESCO and its partner organisations to contribute to Wikimedia projects: Provide UNESCO and its partners with the skills, tools, resources and connections to contribute to Wikimedia projects in a meaningful, measurable and sustainable way. To integrate into the Wikimedia community both online and by matching them with local Wikimedia organisations and volunteers for in person support and collaboration. The project will create and improve content receiving 100,000,000 views per year on Wikimedia projects, educate 1000 people in over 200 organisations to learn more about Wikimedia projects. This will include 500 newly registered users trained to contribute to Wikimedia projects and 500 articles formally reviewed by experts.
- 2. Make content from the archives of UNESCO and its partners available on Wikimedia projects: This project will facilitate the upload of 30,000 images, audio files, videos, data and other content to Wikimedia projects from UNESCO archives (24,000 images), UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS) and other sources including 10 organisations changing their content license to be Wikimedia compatible, a completed pilot project is outlined in the Goal section.
I ran a pilot project that resulted in the images found in the Wikimedia Commons category Images from the archive of UNESCO, here are a few examples relevant to Wikipedia:
If you think this is a worthwhile project please click this link and then click the endorse button.