- Gold, Danny. Meet the YPG, the Kurdish militia that doesn't want help from anyone. VICE. 31 October 2012 [9 October 2014].
A member of YPG’s central command … said that the YPG formed in 2004 shortly after the Qamishlo riots, when a number of Kurdish youth realized that they needed to be able to defend themselves more efficiently. They did not officially declare themselves until the revolution started in 2011.
- van Wilgenburg, Wladimir. Conflict intensifies in Kurdish area of Syria. Al-Monitor. 5 April 2013 [9 October 2014].
- YPG Commander: Kurds Are Bulwark Against Islamic Extremism in Syria. Rudaw. 22 July 2013 [9 October 2014].
- Pitarakis, Lefteris; Mroue, Bassem. Thousands of Syrians flee into Turkey amid intense fighting. AP. 14 June 2015.
Thousands of Syrians cut through a border fence and crossed over into Turkey … fleeing intense fighting … between Kurdish fighters and jihadis.
- Ahmed, Hevidar. Liberated Kurdish cities in Syrian Kurdistan move into next phase. Rudaw (Erbil, Iraq). 25 July 2012 [28 July 2012].
- Kurds Give Ultimatum to Syrian Security Forces. Rudaw. 21 July 2012 [9 October 2014].
- The Kurdish Protection Units have formed a new brigade in the Al–Bab region. Scientia Humana. 4 December 2012 [18 December 2013].
Kurdish Information Center
- Kurds expel jihadists from flashpoint Syrian town: NGO. AFP. 17 July 2013 [13 February 2015].
- FSA and YPG cooperate against ISIL militants in Syria's Tel Abyad. ARA News. 12 May 2014 [9 October 2014].
- 对立派系及分析家:将受美国军援的叙反抗武装不靠谱. 美國之音. 2015-10-07.
- Turkey ramps up Syria offensive with deadly bombings. Daily Mail Online. 2016-08-28 [2016-08-28].