Dagong rates borrowers on a scale from AAA to C. Intermediate ratings are offered at each level between AA and CC (e.g., AA+, AA, and AA-).
- AAA: Highest credit rating
- AA: Very High credit rating
- A: High credit rating
- BBB: Medium credit rating
- BB: Low medium credit rating
- B: Relatively low credit rating
- CCC: Low credit rating
- CC: Very low credit rating.
- C: Lowest credit rating. Issuer is unable to meet financial obligations and possibly in the process of bankruptcy.
Debt with maturity dates of 1 year or shorter are rated on a scale from A-1 to D. No intermediate ratings (e.g., B+ and B-) are used. 
- A-1: Highest credit rating
- A-2: Good credit rating
- A-3: Fair credit rating
- B: Significant speculative credit rating
- C: High default risk credit rating
- D: Default
- http://news.xinhuanet.com/politics/2009-05/21/content_11414709.htm 新华社与大公国际签署合作框架协议
- Symbols and Definition of Dagong’s Credit Rating Scale (pdf). Dagong Global Credit Rating Co. [9 February 2011].