拉姆福德奖章 （英語：Rumford Medal）是一项由英国皇家学会授予的奖项，旨在奖励“对物质的热学或光学性质做出杰出新发现的在欧洲工作的科学家”。该奖由拉姆福德伯爵本杰明·汤普森于1796年捐赠5000美元而始创，于1800年首次颁奖，每两年颁发一次，奖金为1000英镑。 自成立以来，该奖已授予包括拉姆福德伯爵本人在内的101位科学家。在所有获奖人中，英国公民获奖53次，德国17次，法国14次，荷兰7次，瑞典4次，美国3次，意大利2次，澳大利亚、匈牙利，比利时，卢森堡和新西兰各1次。
|1810||艾蒂安-路易·马吕斯||法國||为反射光的新性质的发现, 出版于Memoires dArcueil的第二卷|||
|1814||威廉·查尔斯·威尔斯||英國||为他关于露水的论文，发表于the course of the preceding (1815) year"|||
|1824||奥古斯丁·菲涅耳||法國||"For his Development of the Undulatory Theory as applied to the Phenomena of Polarized Light, and for his various important discoveries in Physical Optics"|||
|1832||约翰·弗雷德里克·丹尼尔||英國||"For his Paper, entitled, Further Experiments with a new Register Pyrometer, for measuring the expansion of Solids, published in the Philosophical Transactions for 1831"|||
|1838||詹姆斯·戴维·福布斯||英國||为他关于热的极化的实验，其解释发表于Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh|||
|1846||迈克尔·法拉第||英國||"For his discovery of the optical phenomena developed by the action of magnets and electric currents in certain transparent media, the details of which are published in the nineteenth series of his experimental researches in electricity, inserted in the Philosophical Transactions for 1845 and in the Philosophical Magazine"|||
|1848||亨利·维克托·勒尼奥||法國||"For his experiments to determine the laws and the numerical data which enter into the calculation of steam engines"|||
|1850||弗朗索瓦·阿拉戈||法國||"For his experimental investigations on polarized light, the concluding memoirs on which were communicated to the Academy of Sciences of Paris during the last two years"||—|
|1854||尼尔·阿诺特||英國||"For the successful construction of the smokeless fire grate lately introduced by him, and for other valuable improvements in the application of heat to the warming and ventilation of apartments"||—|
|1856||路易·巴斯德||法國||"For his discovery of the nature of racemic acid and its relations to polarized light, and for the researches to which he was led by that discovery"||—|
|1862||古斯塔夫·基尔霍夫||德國||"For his researches on the fixed lines of the solar spectrum, and on the inversion of the bright lines in the spectra of artificial light"||—|
|1866||阿曼德·斐索||法國||"For his optical researches, & especially for his investigations into the effect of heat on the refractive power of transparent bodies"||—|
|1868||鲍尔福·斯图亚特||英國||"For his researches on the qualitative as well as quantitative relation between the emissive and absorptive powers of bodies for heat and light, published originally in [1858 & 1859]"||—|
|1876||朱尔·让森||法國||"For his numerous & important researches in the radiation & absorption of light, carried on chiefly by means of the spectroscope"||—|
|1878||阿尔弗雷德·科尔尼||法國||"For his various optical researches, and especially for his recent redetermination of the velocity of the propagation of light"||—|
|1880||威廉·哈金斯||英國||"For his important researches in astronomical spectroscopy, and especially for his determination of the radial component of the proper motions of stars"||—|
|1882||威廉·德维弗莱斯·阿伯尼||英國||"For his photographic researches and his discovery of the method of photographing the less refrangible part of the spectrum, especially the infra-red region; also for his researches on the absorption of various compound bodies in this part of the spectrum"||—|
|1886||塞缪尔·兰利||美國||"For his researches on the spectrum by means of the Bolometer"||—|
|1888||彼得罗·塔奇尼||義大利||"For important and long-continued investigations, which have largely advanced our knowledge of the physics of the Sun"||—|
|德國||"For their investigations of the phenomena produced outside a highly exhausted tube through which an electrical discharge is taking place"||—|
|1898||奥利弗·洛奇||英國||"For his researches in radiation and in the relations between matter and ether"||—|
|1900||亨利·贝可勒尔||法國||"For his discoveries in radiation proceding [sic] from uranium"||—|
|1902||查尔斯·阿尔格农·帕森斯||英國||"For his success in the application of the steam turbine to industrial purposes, and for its recent extension to navigation"||—|
|1904||欧内斯特·卢瑟福||新西蘭||"For his researches on radio-activity, particularly for his discovery of the existence and properties of the gaseous emanations from radio-active bodies"||—|
|1910||海因里希·鲁本斯||德國||"On the ground of his researches on radiation, especially of long wave length"||—|
|1926||亚瑟·舒斯特||英國||"For his services to physical science, especially in the subjects of optics and terrestrial magnetism"||—|
|1932||弗里茨·哈伯||德國||"For the outstanding importance of his work in physical chemistry, especially in the application of thermodynamics to chemical reactions"||—|
|1934||万德·约翰尼斯·德哈斯||荷蘭||"For his researches on the properties of bodies at low temperatures, and in particular, for his recent work on cooling by the use of adiabatic demagnetisation"||—|
|1936||欧内斯特·乔治·科克尔||英國||"For his researches on the use of polarized light for investigating directly the stresses in transparent models of engineering structures"||—|
|1938||罗伯特·伍德 (物理学家)||美國||"In recognition of his distinguished work and discoveries in many branches of physical optics"||—|
|1940||曼内·西格巴恩||瑞典||"For his pioneer work in high precision X-ray spectroscopy and its applications"||—|
|1942||戈登·多布森||英國||"In recognition of his outstanding work on the physics of the upper air and its application to meteorology"||—|
|1944||哈利·里卡多||英國||"In recognition of his important contributions to research on the internal combustion engine, which have greatly influenced the development of the various types"||—|
|1946||艾尔弗雷德·伊格尔顿||英國||"In recognition of his leading part in the application of modern physical chemistry to many technological problems of pressing importance"||—|
|1948||弗朗西斯·西蒙||德國||"For his outstanding contributions to the attainment of low temperatures and to the study of the properties of substances at temperatures near the absolute zero"|||
|1950||弗兰克·惠特尔||英國||"For his pioneering contributions to the jet propulsion of aircraft"|||
|1952||弗里茨·泽尔尼克||荷蘭||"In recognition of his outstanding work in the development of phase contrast microscopy"|||
|1954||塞西尔·雷金纳德·伯奇||英國||"For his distinguished contributions to the technique for the production of high vacua and to the development of the reflecting microscope"|||
|1956||弗兰克·菲利普·鲍登||澳大利亚||"In recognition of his distinguished work on the nature of friction"|||
|1958||托马斯·拉尔夫·默顿||英國||"In recognition of his distinguished researches in spectroscopy and optics"|||
|1960||艾尔弗雷德·戈登·盖登||英國||"In recognition of his distinguished work in the field of molecular spectroscopy and particularly its application to the study of flame phenomena"||—|
|1962||杜德利·莫里斯·纽伊特||英國||"In recognition of his distinguished contributions to chemical engineering"|||
|1964||亨德里克·范德胡斯特||荷蘭||"In recognition of his distinguished work on the scattering processes in the interplanetary medium and his prediction of the 21 cm spectral line from interstellar neutral hydrogen"||—|
|1966||威廉·朋奈||英國||"In recognition of his distingsuihed [sic] and paramount personal contribution to the establishment of economic nuclear energy in Great Britain"|||
|1968||加博尔·德奈什||匈牙利||"In recognition of his distinguished contributions to optics, especially by establishing the principles of holography"|||
|1970||克里斯托弗·辛顿||英國||"In recognition of his outstanding contributions to engineering and of his leadership of engineering design teams in the chemical and atomic energy industries and in electricity generation"|||
|1972||巴兹尔·约翰·梅森||英國||"In recognition of his distinguished contributions to meteorology, particularly the physics of clouds"|||
|1974||阿兰·科特雷尔||英國||"In recognition of his contributions to physical metallurgy and particularly extending knowledge of the role of dislocation in the fracture of metals"||—|
|1976||伊利亚·普里高津||Belgian||"In recognition of his distinguished contributions to the theory of irreversible thermodynamics"||—|
|1978||乔治·波特||英國||"In recognition of his distinguished studies of very fast chemical reactions by flash photolysis"|||
|1980||威廉·弗兰克·维埃纳||英國||"In recognition of his discovery of the quantum of circulation in superfluid helium and his development of new techniques for precise measurements within liquid helium"||—|
|1982||查尔斯·戈里·韦恩||英國||"In recognition of his unique contribution to the design of optical instruments ranging from large telescopes to bubble-chamber optics"||—|
|1984||哈罗德·霍普金斯||英國||"In recognition of his many contributions to the theory and design of optical instruments, especially of a wide variety of important new medical instruments which have made a major contribution to clinical diagnosis and surgery"||—|
|1986||丹尼斯·鲁克||英國||"In recognition of his contributions to scientific developments in the gas industry"|||
|1988||菲利克斯·温伯格||英國||"In recognition of his pioneering work on optical diagnostics and electrical aspects of combustion and his fundamental studies of flame problems associated with jet engines and furnaces"|||
|1990||沃尔特·埃里克·斯皮尔||德國||"For discovering and applying techniques for depositing and characterising thin films of high quality amorphous silicon and for demonstrating that these can be doped to give useful electronic devices, such as cost-effective solar cells and large arrays of thin film transistors, now used in commercial, flat-panel, LCD colour TV screens"|||
|1992||哈罗德·内维尔·瓦泽尔·坦珀利||英國||"In recognition of his wide-ranging and imaginative contributions to applied mathematics and statistical physics, especially in the physical properties of liquids and the development of the Temperley-Lieb algebra"||—|
|1994||安德鲁·凯勒||英國||"In recognition of his contributions to polymer science, in particular his elucidation of the basis of polymeric crystallization, a fundamental ingredient in many materials, to methods of making strong fibres and to the understanding of polymer solutions which underlie this technology"|||
|1996||格伦维尔·特纳||英國||"In recognition of his work on the 40Ar/39Ar method of dating developing this technique to a sophisticated level and one which is widely used for dating extraterrestrial and terrestrial rocks"|||
|1998||理查德·弗兰德||英國||"In recognition of his leading research in the development of polymer-based electronics and optoelectronics leading to a very rapid growth of development activities aimed at plastic electronic displays, with advantages of very low cost, flexibility, and the option of curved or flat surfaces"|||
|2000||威尔逊·西贝特||英國||"In recognition of his research on ultra-short pulse laser science and technology. In his work on streak cameras, he first demonstrated the technique of sub-picosecond chronoscopy whereby the cameras, by synchronous repetition, can function as oscilloscopes. He conducted pioneering work on coupled cavity modelocking, and his discovery of the technique of self-modelocking led to the commercialisation of sub-picosecond pulses over a wide tuning range. He also exploited diode-pumped solid-state lasers in nonlinear optics for frequency conversion by demonstrating the world's first all-solid-state optical parametric oscillator"|||
|2002||戴维·金||英國||"for his outstanding contributions to our fundamental understanding of the structure and dynamics of reaction processes on solid surfaces"|||
|2004||理查德·狄克逊||英國||"in recognition of his many contributions to molecular spectroscopy and to the dynamics of molecular photodissociation"|||
|2006||让-皮埃尔·汉森||卢森堡||"for his pioneering work on molten salts and dense plasmas that has led the way to a quantitative understanding of the structure and dynamics of strongly correlated ionic liquids"|||
|2008||爱德华·海因兹||英國||"for his extensive and highly innovative work in ultra-cold matter"|||
|2010||吉尔伯特·隆扎里奇||英國||"for his outstanding work into novel types of quantum matter using innovative instrumentation and techniques"|
|2012||罗伊·泰勒||英國||"for his outstanding contributions to tunable ultrafast lasers and nonlinear fibre optics, including fibre Raman, soliton and supercontinuum laser sources, which translated fundamental discoveries to practical technology"|
|2014||杰里米·鲍姆伯格||英國||"for his outstanding creativity in nanophotonics, investigating many ingenious nanostructures, both artificial and natural to support novel plasmonic phenomena relevant to Raman spectroscopy, solar cell performance and meta-materials applications."|
|2016||奥尔特温·赫斯||德國/ 英國||"for his pioneering work in active nano-plasmonics and optical metamaterials with quantum gain."|
|2018||伊恩·瓦姆斯萊||英國||"for pioneering work in the quantum control of light and matter on ultrashort timescales"|
- Oxford DNB article: Thompson, Sir Benjamin (subscription needed). Oxford University Press. 2004 [2009-01-27].
- Malus biography. University of St Andrews. [2009-01-27].
- Oxford DNB article: Wells, William Charles (subscription needed). Oxford University Press. 2004 [2009-01-27].
- Oxford DNB article:Davy, Sir Humphry. Oxford University Press. 2004 [2009-01-27].
- Oxford DNB article: Brewster, Sir David (subscription needed). Oxford University Press. 2004 [2009-01-27].
- Fresnel biography. University of St Andrews. [2009-02-06].
- Oxford DNB article:Daniell, John Frederic. Oxford University Press. 2004 [2009-01-27].
- Amedeo Avogadro, a Scientific Biography. Springer. [2009-02-06].
- Oxford DNB article:Forbes, James David (subscription needed). Oxford University Press. 2004 [2009-01-27].
- Biot biography. University of St Andrews. [2009-02-06].
- Oxford DNB article: Talbot, William Henry Fox. Oxford University Press. 2004 [2009-02-09].
- Oxford DNB article: Faraday, Michael (subscription needed). Oxford University Press. 2004 [2009-01-27].
- Collection of the Month - Henri Victor Regnault. The Royal Society. [2009-01-27].
- Royal Society: Simon, Sir Francis Eugene (1893-1956). Aim25. [2009-01-27].
- Fellow of the month - Sir Frank Whittle. The Royal Society. [2009-01-27].
- Frits Zernike - Biography. Nobel Prize Foundation. [2009-01-27].
- Oxford DNB article:Burch, Cecil Reginald. Oxford University Press. 2004 [2009-01-27].
- Bowden, Frank Philip - Bright Sparcs entry. Bright Sparcs. [2009-01-27].
- Oxford DNB article:Merton, Sir Thomas Ralph. Oxford University Press. 2004 [2009-01-27].
- Oxford DNB article:Newitt, Dudley Maurice (subscription needed). Oxford University Press. 2004 [2009-01-27].
- PENNEY, William, Baron Penney of East Hendred (1909-1991). Aim25. [2009-01-27].
- Dennis Gabor - Autobiography. The Nobel Foundation. [2009-01-27]. （原始内容存档于2012-05-24）.
- Papers and correspondence of Christopher Hinton, Baron Hinton of Bankside, 1901-1983. Archives Hub. Mimas. [2009-01-27]. （原始内容存档于2012-07-20）.
- Sir John Mason. Institute of Physics. [2009-01-27].[失效連結]
- Special Issue in commemoration of Lord George Porter. The Royal Society of Chemistry. [2009-01-27].
- Sir Denis Rooke, OM - Telegraph. London: The Daily Telegraph. 2008-09-05 [2009-01-27].
- 80th Birthday Celebration for Professor Felix Weinberg, at the Chemical Engineering Department, Imperial College London, 23 April 2008. Combustion Institute ( 英國 Section). [2009-01-27]. （原始内容存档于2 October 2011）.
- Fitzgerald, Alexander. Walter Eric Spear - Obituary (PDF). Royal Society of Edinburgh. [2009-01-26]. （原始内容 (PDF)存档于2009-03-20）.
- Professor Dixon awarded Rumford Medal. Bristol University. [2009-01-27].
- Prof Grenville Turner FRS School of Earth, Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences. The University of Manchester. [2009-01-26]. （原始内容存档于2008-10-13）.
- NCL Innovation Park. National Chemical Laboratory. [2009-01-26].
- Professor Wilson Sibbett FRS, CBE. The Royal Society. [2009-01-26].
- Annual Report :Awards, Prizes and Appointments. University of Cambridge. [2009-01-26].
- Bristol University - News from the University. Bristol University. [2009-01-26].
- Prof Hansen Meeting. University of Cambridge. [2009-01-26].
- The Northern Echo: Prestigious awards for school's old boys. The Northern Echo. 4 November 2007 [2009-01-26]. （原始内容存档于2012-05-24）.