ሓይልታት ምክልኻል ትግራይ
(Tsadkan Gebretinsa'i )
- Tghat, 7 June 2021, General Tsadekan Gebretensae Exclusive Interview With Dimtsi Weyane Tigray, Broadcast on May 29, 2021
- Dimtsi Weyane, 18 June 2021, ምስ ኣዛዚ ሰራዊት ትግራይ ተጋዳላይ ታደሰ ወረደ (ወዲ ወረደ) ዝተገበረ ቃለ መሕትት
- Fick, Maggie. Battle-hardy Tigray back in spotlight as Ethiopia conflict flares. Reuters. 10 November 2020 [3 May 2021].
Tigrayan forces and militia are battle-hardened, have large stocks of military hardware and number up to 250000 men, experts say. Federal authorities have restricted access to the region, making it hard to verify details of the fighting. However, there are indications that Tigrayans in the powerful Northern Command, which accounts for about half of the federal army’s manpower and its best divisions, are defecting. Local forces are already in control of its headquarters in Mekelle and other army facilities in Tigray, according to a United Nations internal security report seen by Reuters. Ethiopia expert Alex de Waal said Abiy may have underestimated the Tigray leaders’ skills at both politics and war. The Tufts University academic recalled the words of Tsadkan Gebretensae, a Tigrayan who once commanded Ethiopia’s army against Eritrea, in a conversation with him: “War is primarily an intellectual activity"
- Ethiopia is fighting 'difficult and tiresome' guerrilla war in Tigray, says PM. the Guardian. 2021-04-04 [2021-07-01] （英语）.
- Tigray Defense Forces Resist Ethiopian Army Offensive as Sudan, Eritrea, and Ethnic Militias Enter the Fray. Jamestown. [2021-07-01] （美国英语）.