- Watson (2007:351–360)
- Collins, Beverley S.; Mees, Inger M., Practical Phonetics and Phonology: A Resource Book for Students 3rd, Routledge: 193–194, 2013 [First published 2003], ISBN 978-0-415-50650-2
- Coupland, Nikolas; Thomas, Alan R. (编), English in Wales: Diversity, Conflict, and Change, Multilingual Matters Ltd., 1990, ISBN 1-85359-032-0
- Howard, Jackson; Stockwell, Peter, An Introduction to the Nature and Functions of Language 2nd, Continuum International Publishing Group: 172, 2011, ISBN 978-1-4411-4373-0
- Julie Henry. Scouse twang spreads beyond Merseyside. The Telegraph. 30 March 2008.
- Geordie and Scouse accents on the rise as Britons 'look to protect their sense of identity'. Daily Mail. 4 January 2010.
- Nick Coligan. Scouse accent defying experts and 'evolving'. Liverpool Echo. 29 March 2008.
- Dominic Tobin and Jonathan Leake. Regional accents thrive against the odds in Britain. The Sunday Times. 3 January 2010.
- Chris Osuh. Scouse accent on the move. Manchester Evening News. 31 March 2008.
- Patrick Honeybone. New-dialect formation in nineteenth century Liverpool: a brief history of Scouse (PDF). Open House Press.
- Richard Savill. British regional accents 'still thriving'. The Telegraph. 3 January 2010.
- John Mullan. Lost Voices. The Guardian. 18 June 1999.
- Watson, Kevin, Liverpool English (PDF), Journal of the International Phonetic Association, 2007, 37 (3): 351–360, doi:10.1017/s0025100307003180
- Sounds Familiar: Birkenhead (Scouse) – Listen to examples of Scouse and other regional accents and dialects of the UK on the British Library's 'Sounds Familiar' website
- 'Hover & Hear' Scouse pronunciations, and compare with other accents from the UK and around the World.
- Sound map – Accents & dialects in Accents & Dialects, British Library.
- BBC – Liverpool Local History – Learn to speak Scouse!
- A. B. Z. of Scouse (Lern Yerself Scouse) (ISBN 0-901367-03-6)
- IANA registration form for the
- IETF RFC 4646 – Tags for Identifying Languages (2006)
- Dialect Poems from the English regions
- Visit Liverpool The official tourist board website to Liverpool
- A Scouser in New York A syndicated on-air segment that airs on Bolton FM Radio during Kev Gurney's show (7pm to 10 pm – Saturdays) and Magic 999 during Roy Basnett's Breakfast (6am to 10 am – Monday thru Friday).