他的研究被Christof Koch描述為是"唯一有前途的意識基礎理論"。 
- Brain Connections Strengthen During Waking Hours, Weaken During Sleep. ScienceDaily. January 2008 [2008-05-15].
- Hard lessons, sound sleep. New Scientist. June 2004 [2008-05-15].
- Memory formation: The big sleep. The Economist. April 2008 [2008-05-15].
- Wisconsin Researchers Identify Sleep Gene. ScienceDaily. April 2008 [2008-05-14].
- Sarah Graham. Slumbering Fruit Flies Shed Light on Genetics of Sleep Needs. SciAm.com (Scientific American). April 2005 [2008-05-14].
- Carl Zimmer. Down for the Count. New York Times. November 2005 [2008-05-14].
- Fruit Flies In Dreamland? "Dozing" Invertebrates May Stir New Sleep-Disorder Studies. ScienceDaily. March 2000 [2008-05-14].
- Henry Fountain. Study Gives Key Role to Sleep in Helping Brain Learn Anew. New York Times. January 2008 [2008-05-14].
- Scientists Find Brain Areas Affected By Lack Of Sleep. ScienceDaily. November 2003 [2008-05-14].
- John Fauber. Turning back brain's clock?: UW sleep study could have implications for disorders. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. May 2007 [2008-05-15].
- Carl Zimmer. Sizing Up Consciousness by Its Bits. New York Times. September 20, 2010 [2010-09-20].
- A New Scientific Approach To Solving An Age-Old Question -- How Does The Brain Gives Rise To Consciousness?. ScienceDaily. December 1998 [2008-05-14].
- Gerard Edelman; Giulio Tononi. Consciousness: How Matter Becomes Imagination (book). Allen Lane. June 2000.
- Steven Poole. Mind games: Gerald Edelman and Giulio Tononi dodge the question of free will in Consciousness. Guardian Unlimited. June 2000 [2008-05-14].