- Re-examination of the “Chinese nationalism” and Categorization of the Chinese in Malaya: The Case of the Chinese in Penang, 1890s-1910s by SHINOZAKI Kaori, Ph.D. student, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences University of Tokyo email@example.com presented at The Penang Story – International Conference 2002, 18-21 April 2002, The City Bayview Hotel, Penang, Malaysia (Organisers: The Penang Heritage Trust & STAR Publications)
- Rites of Belonging: Memory, Modernity, and Identity in a Malaysian Chinese Community By Jean DeBernardi, Jean Elizabeth DeBernardi, Published by Stanford University Press, 2004 ISBN 0804744866, ISBN 9780804744867 p.
- 张兴汉：华侨华人大观，暨南大学出版社, 1990 ISBN 7810290002, ISBN 9787810290005
- A HISTORICAL SKETCH OF KONG HOCK KEONG by Tan Kim Hong published by Xiao En E-Magazine, Xiao En Cultural Foundation
- 陳劍虹 1987,檳城華族歷史圖片輯.Penang:檳州華人大會堂
- Chinese Epigraphic Materials in Malaysia: Collected, Annotated, and Edited by Wolfgang Franke and Chen Tieh Fan Published by University of Malaysia Press, 1982 (v.1-2), pp. 799, 802, 803
- Historical Personalities of Penang By Historical Personalities of Penang Committee, Published by Historical Personalities of Penang Committee, 1986; p. 47
- Pioneer Businessman by Clarence Y K Ngui, published by Malaysian Business, Oct 16, 2003
- Records and Recollections (1889-1934): Chinese Women, Prostitution & a Welfare Organisation By Neil Jin Keong Khor, Keat Siew Khoo, Izrin Muaz Md. Adnan Published by Malaysian Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society, 2004; p. 57
- U.S. National Archives 1833-1906: June 23, 1905, July 4, 1905.
- The Chinese Boycott: A Social Movement in Singapore and Malaya in the Early Twentieth Century by WONG Sin Kiong published in Southeast Asian Studies, Vo1.36, No.2, September 1998