- "Overnight the unknown 14-year old became an international star. This earned her the nickname 'Princess of R&B'.", in W. Sutherland, Aaliyah Remembered (Trafford Publishing, 2005), p. 21.
- "The reigning queen of soul owned the stage at the packed Royal Albert Hall, highlighting her elegant artistry and dynamic personality in a 93-minute set", in Toombs, Mikel, Adele Earns Title Of Soul Queen, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, 2012-05-22: C.3, ISSN 0745-970X
- "Some women have even been given titles. Tina Turner who is The Queen of Rock and Aretha Franklin, dubbed the Queen of Soul. Donna Summer is the Queen of Disco and Mary J. Blige is the Queen of Hip-Hop, Gloria Estefan is the Queen of Latin Pop, Madonna is the Queen of Pop, while Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera are the Princesses of Pop", in L. Bollinger and C. O'Neill, Women in Media Careers: Success Despite the Odds (University Press of America, 2008), p. 147.
- Herskovitz, Jon. Japan's Stardom School; Pop Phenoms Get Their Start in an Okinawa Mall. The Washington Post. 1998-01-17: B.08 [2008-09-05].
- Tim Ryan. Shy Amuro turned into Japan’s ‘Madonna’. Honolulu Star-Bulletin. Oahu Publications Inc. 2000-05-11 [2013-02-24].
EVER hear of Namie Amuro? Most people outside Asia haven't, but she's been called Japan's Madonna (the singer, not the religious figure).
- Queen of folk music The Queen of Folk Still Reigns, More, 2009-10-08, （原始内容存档于2010-05-25）
- "Calling her a mere R&B diva is, at this point, almost an insult: With grace and grit, Beyoncé has become the Princess of R&B, a one-woman Hitsville U.S.A." in Beyoncé in Rolling Stone, Rolling Stone, December 2009 – January 2010: 41
- Lawson, Richard. Justin Bieber Fell Into a Hole. Vanity Fair. [March 23, 2020] （英语）.
- The Prince Of Pop. Billboard. June 8, 2012 [March 23, 2020].
- "Björk Was Queen of Avant-Garde Long Before Lady Gaga" in Björk Was Queen of Avant-Garde Long Before Lady Gaga, Timeline, 2015-03-13 [2015-12-06], （原始内容存档于2015-12-08）
- "Rising from the wreckage of punk group KUKL and evolving into the queen of experimental pop, we chart Björk's route from mystical musings to environmental activism" in 10 of the best: Björk, The Guardian, 2014-03-26 [2015-12-06]
- "As PSFK learned back in 2011 when we visited Reykjavik, Iceland is indeed a magical country. In no other place in the world do active volcanoes mix with glaciers, geothermal springs bubble in abundance, and wild ponies roam the countryside. Iceland’s reigning queen of experimental music, Björk, has certainly made these ideas and natural elements part of her music and performances, with her newest project ‘Biophilia,’ she takes ‘multifaceted’ to new levels." in Bjork Launches Her Own Interactive Educational Curriculum, PSFK, 2013-02-04 [2015-12-06]
- "The nine-time Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter – who has earned such sobriquets along the way as 'the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul' and 'the Empress of Soul' – returns Dec. 21 with her ninth studio album, "Stronger" Gail Mitchell, Strength of Character, Billboard, 2009-12-12, 121 (49): 17, ISSN 0006-2510
- "Once again The Candy Store and Fresh City Promotions have pulled a major rabbit out of the hat with the launch party for the new album by Mary J Blige, the undisputed Queen of R&B, Growing Pains", in Fresh party for Mary j's new album, The Plymouth Evening Herald, 2008-02-15: 2
- In the wake of her 'Breakthrough' success, the reigning queen of R&B tries to please her many followers—but, most of all, herself. Vozick-Levinson, Simon, Mary J. Blige, Entertainment Weekly, 2007-12-21: 22, ISSN 1049-0434
- "The queen of K-Pop made her highly, highly anticipated comeback to Korea for the first time in five years with her 9th studio album, Hurricane Venus", in BoA – "Game", MTV, 2010-09-03 [2011-04-18]
- Hawkes, Rebecca. David Bowie: 15 surprising facts about the king of glam rock. The Telegraph. 2016-01-11 [2016-03-13].
- Gompertz, Will. David Bowie: The Picasso of pop. BBC News. 2016-01-11 [2016-04-23].
- Brennan, Ailis. David Bowie's Best Music Video Moments. GQ magazine. 2016-01-11 [2016-04-23].
- "And today, James Brown's status as 'The Godfather of Soul" remains undiminished'.", in David Pullman to Securitize "Godfather of Soul" James Brown, Business Wire: 1, 1999-05-03
- Natchez abuzz with activity for James Brown movie. Memphis Commercial Appeal. 2013-11-18.
The Augusta, GA singer has sung his way to the top of the musical heap as Soul Brother No. 1.[永久失效連結]
- "To Mark the ten years, officials at the Apollo crowned Brown 'King of Soul'." in James Brown Crowned 'King Of Soul' At The Apollo Theater, Jet, 1972-10-12, 43 (3): 59, ISSN 0021-5996
- Lee, David. Review: Kings of K-Pop Big Bang Performs First U.S. Show In 3 Years. Vibe. [2015-12-11].
- BIGBANG is going on tour: Get to know the kings of K-pop. The Straits Times. 2015-04-02.
- Maria, Sherman. K-Pop Kings BIGBANG Fly Seoul’s Soul to NYC. The Village Voice. 2015-10-12.
- Liu, Marian. K-pop's growing pains: Why Asia's biggest bands are splitting up. CNN. 2017-02-18.
In January, 'Kings of K-pop' Big Bang played their last concert before going on hiatus -- after dominating the charts for 10 years.
- Cracan, Andreea-Mihaela. BIGBANG: The kings of k-pop are back. Blasting News. 2015-04-30.
- Markowitz, Douglas. A K-Pop Primer to Prepare You for G-Dragon's Miami Show. Miami New Times. [2017-07-18].
Girls Generation may have the best song, but Bigbang is the undisputed king of K-pop.
- Maggo, Eduan. Korea's boy band Big Bang rule MTV TRL Awards. Gulf News. 2010-05-31 [2012-05-07].
- "If Ella Fitzgerald is the queen of jazz, Billie Holiday first lady of the blues, and Aretha Franklin the queen of soul, then who is the queen of pop? In the 1990s, it would seem to be a three-way tie between Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, and Celine Dion. Certainly all three have their devotees and detractors, but their presence has been inescapable", in Lister, Linda, Divafication: The Deification of Modern Female Pop Stars, Popular Music and Society, 2001, 25 (3/4): 1, ISSN 0300-7766
- "Mariah Carey is unstoppable. With 17 No. 1 singles since her career began in 1990, Mariah is the reigning queen of pop." The new Mariah Carey, Scholastic Scope: 16, ISSN 0036-6412
- Horowitz, Steven J. Mariah Carey Brings Christmas Cheer to NYC's Beacon Theater. Billboard. Billboard. 2014-12-16 [2014-12-21].
Queen Of Christmas, Mariah Carey performs her holiday smash hits at the Beacon Theatre on December 15, 2014 in New York City.
- Mariah Carey’s Christmas Concert In NYC. Idolator. SpinMedia Publishers. [2014-12-21].
Queen Of Christmas, Mariah Carey performs her holiday smash hits at the Beacon Theatre on December 15, 2014 in New York City.
- Ray Charles, American Legend, Dies at 73. NPR. 2004-06-11 [2015-12-04].
- Van Morrison. 100 Greatest Artists of All Time. No. 10: Ray Charles. Rolling Stone. [2015-12-05].
- Olsen, Eric. Soul Man. Today (NBC News). 2004-06-11 [2015-12-04].
- Cheng, Roger, LETTERS: Edison Chen is a celebrity, Taipei Times, 2008-02-24: 8,
Indeed, Asia's Eminem became a victim the moment the sexually graphic images were copied from his computer when he sent it in for repairs.
- ALBUM REVIEW: Cher, ‘Closer to the Truth’ – The Boston Globe. bostonglobe.com. [2015-08-10].
- Cher, 64, makes a statement in a see-through top and slashed leggings. London: dailymail.co.uk. 2010-11-12 [2010-11-12].
- "Cher – singer, Oscar-winning actress and campaigner -is the original queen of reinvention, an expert at re-creating herself." in Lee, Vinny, Turning back time, The Times, 2006-09-02: 73, ISSN 0140-0460
- Bowing out, if not exactly gracefully, Cher, that surgically enhanced queen of reinvention, last week brought her farewell tour to Glasgow. Sweet, Lucy, Cher's so long farewell, The Sunday Times, 2004-05-16: 11
- POP/JAZZ;Queen of the Comeback, Cher Tries Yet Again. nytimes.com. [2016-02-02].
- Cher Raleigh Tickets. www.excite.com. [2016-02-02].
- "What happens when the 'God of Song' descends on Genting Highlands during a cold and wet weekend? He warms and melts the hearts of both young and old with his charm and huge repertoire of hits, that's what! And that was precisely what Hong Kong superstar Jacky Cheung – arguably the most popular and enduring of the four Heavenly Kings – did at his two sold-out concerts last Friday and Saturday at the Arena of Stars. (For the uninitiated, Cheung, Andy Lau, Aaron Kwok and Leon Lai are the four "Heavenly Kings" of Chinese pop, the over-the-top title probably bestowed by the imaginative Hong Kong media because of the singers' immense popularity. Cheung, of course, has been elevated even higher on the celestial plane!)" Ming, Fong, Jacky, oh!, New Straits Times, 2002-11-09: 3
- "'We want Gor Gor' (Cantonese for 'big brother', Cheung's nickname) to know that he has not been forgotten and never will be," a spokeswoman said." "Thousands of fans pay tribute to Leslie Cheung", China Daily, 2004-04-01, retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "Dubbed the 'king of Chinese pop' by local media, Jay Chou has released eight studio albums, spawning several hits," in Song, Berwin, 5 Chinese Acts Using The Games To Boost Their Profile, Billboard, 2008-08-09, 120 (32): 28, ISSN 0006-2510
- Kelly Clarkson interview: Since U Been Gone is 10 years old. officialcharts.com. [2015-08-10].
- Kelly Clarkson Rocks "Jealous" by Nick Jonas [Video] – American Idol Net. americanidolnet.com. [2015-08-10].
- Kelly Clarkson's Fashion Evolution. Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. [2013-11-01].
From small town girl to Pop Princess to Rock Diva, Kelly Clarkson has also grabbed hold of our attention in the decade since winning "American Idol" with her eccentric style.
- Texan Kelly Clarkson is now an 'American Idol'. The Daily Sentinel (Associated Press through Google News). 2002-09-06 [2013-11-01].
An Estimated 22.5 million people watched the finale of Fox's American Idol last night, even more so when Kelly Clarkson was crowned the nation's latest Pop Princess
- Grossman, Samantha. 15 Times Kelly Clarkson Totally Nailed a Cover Song. Time. 2015-07-23 [2016-07-14].
American Idol alum Kelly Clarkson is the undisputed Queen of Covers. She consistently borrows other artists’ songs and puts her signature spin on them, often producing something even better than the original.
- Rose, Rebecca. Queen of Covers Kelly Clarkson Does "Blank Space," Taylor Swift Approves. Cosmopolitan (Hearst Communications, Inc.). 2015-07-27 [2016-07-14].
- Kitchener, Shaun. Miley Cyrus Is Dracula's Daughter. Entertainmentwise. 2011-11-07 [2013-05-08].
Teen queen Miley Cyrus has signed up to play Dracula's daughter in new movie Hotel Transylvania.
- From Teen Queen to Leading Lady: Miley Cyrus' Sizzlin' Style Through the Years!. Entertainment Tonight. [2013-05-08]. （原始内容存档于2013-06-10）.
- "With the success of "Salad Days", DeMarco was immediately billed as the 'Prince of Rock' by S. Gelbwyn in The Encyclopedia of Indie Pop (Penguin, 2014), p. 214.
- Stephen Thomas Erlewine, "Dr. Dre (Andre Young", in Vladimir Bogdanov et al., All Music Guide to Rock, 3rd ed., Backbeat Books, p. 324. ISBN 0-87930-653-X.
- "Celine alert! Celine alert! Quebec's favourite daughter, Celine Dion, will be fited in a special show on July 10. After the phenomenal success of last year's tribute to the late King of Pop, Michael Jackson, a special show combining the talents of two of the superstars in the fireworks business will showcase the music of our Queen of Pop", in Anne Sutherland, Fireworks; Celine Dion Joins Countries Lighting Up the Sky, The Gazette, 2010-05-28: 14, ISSN 0384-1294
- Bob Dylan and Joan Baez – The Story of Bob Dylan and Joan Baez. Folkmusic.about.com. 1980-06-06 [2013-07-02].
- Daniel Mark Epstein. The Ballad of Bob Dylan. Souvenir Press Ltd. 2011-01-04: 94. ISBN 978-0-285-64022-1.
- Colleen Josephine Sheehy; Thomas Swiss. Highway 61 Revisited: Bob Dylan's Road from Minnesota to the World. U of Minnesota Press. 2009: 108. ISBN 978-0-8166-6099-5.
- Molanphy, Chris, Introducing the King of Hip-Hop, Rolling Stone, 2011-08-15
- "Dubbed 'The First Lady of Song', Ella Fitzgerald was the most popular female jazz singer in the United States for more than half a century", in The Official Web Site of Ella Fitzgerald – Biography. www.ellafitzgerald.com. [2009-05-15].
- "The singer who was affectionately known as 'The First Lady of Song' died peacefully at home surrounded by family and friends, said spokeswoman Andrea Hecht" at Ella Fitzgerald, first lady of song, dies at 78. findarticles.com. 1996-07-01 [2009-05-15].
- "She is also known as 'Sister Ree,' 'Lady Soul' 'La Diva Franklin,' and 'The Queen of Soul'," in Bego, Mark, Aretha Franklin: The Queen of Soul, Da Capo Press: 6, 2001, ISBN 978-0-306-80935-4
- K-Pop’s G Dragon Eager For Challenge Of Solo Tour. Pollstar. 2013-05-20 [2015-05-31].
- Kathleen Lee Joe. K-pop's growing fashion industry influence. Daily Life. 2014-09-04 [2015-05-31].
- Rebecca Lowthorpe. K-pop's growing fashion industry influence. Elle UK. 2015-05-05 [2015-05-31].
- Rebecca Sun. K-Pop Star G-Dragon on His Growing Global Influence: 'I Didn't Realize How Famous I Was'. The Hollywood Reporter. 2014-01-29 [2015-05-31].
- Nancy Lee. Big Bang’s G-Dragon and SNSD’s Jessica Selected Fashion King and Queen. MWave. 2013-04-01 [2015-05-31].
- "Dubbed "the Prince of Soul," Marvin Gaye endured lifelong turmoil, never grasping the genius of his own talent..." in N. Talevski, The unofficial encyclopedia of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (Greenwood, 1998), p. 402.
- "Although Gaynor was crowned the 'Queen of Disco' after dance floor favourites like "Honey Bee," "Never Can Say Goodbye" and "Casanova Brown" ..." in P. Shapiro, Turn the Beat Around: The Secret History of Disco (Basingstoke: Macmillan, 2006), p. 213.
- Keysha, Davis. Just Whitney Review. BBC Music (BBC). 2002 [2013-03-14].
- "She was known as 'The Voice'", in A. Sarat, Legal Responses to Religious Practices in the United States: Accommodation and Its Limits (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2012), ISBN 1107023688, p. 67.
- "Recently, the girls proved their credibility as live performers, appearing as guests to Hong Kong's legendary "God of Songs" Sam Hui during his two live dates in Malaysia for the 50,000-strong crowds at Bukit Jalil National Stadium in Kuala Lumpur." in Sounds of the East, Bangkok Post, 2005-03-15: 1
- King of Latin Pop Enrique Iglesias announces İstanbul concert
- "Janet Jackson, music's princess of pop, is at a crossroads of her life and career: She is pursuing acting roles and she has parted ways with her longtime partner, Rene Elizondo ... Having established herself as the world-renowned princess of pop music, in addition to making strides as an actress, one would think there is not much left on her to-do list. But the possibilities are endless", in Norment, Lynn, Janet: At the crossroads, Ebony, November 2000, 56 (1): 180, ISSN 0012-9011
- "Janet Jackson is a big deal these days, the Queen of Pop, though we can still call her by her first name", in Smith, Giles, Slow riffs, fast riffs, midriffs, The Independent, 1996-04-21: 26, ISSN 0951-9467
- "It's been close on a decade since she emerged from brother Michael's shadow and the Nineties has seen her constantly re(de)fining her musical and stage personae. In its staggering professionalism, the Velvet Rope tour bears witness to the success of such artistic endeavour as well as her status as the undoubted queen of R&B", Miles Keylock, Dammit Janet!, Mail & Guardian, 1998-11-20 [2011-04-19]
- Browne, David. Michael Jackson's Black or White Blues. Entertainment Weekly. 1991-11-29 [2009-07-03].
[A] highly placed source at MTV says the network was obligated to refer to Jackson on air as the King of Pop in order to be allowed to show "Black or White." An MTV spokeswoman denies that, but the phrase was part of MTV's ads for the video and was repeatedly used by its VJs. A source at Fox confirms that Jackson's people did request that Bart use the phrase "King of Pop" in the video and that the phrase also be used in the network's press releases; 'King of Pop' also crops up in Fox's print ads for the video and in press releases by Jackson's publicists, Solters/Roskin/Friedman.
- "He wears the crown as the King Of Pop because no artist has broken his record of selling nearly 60 million copies of a single Album (Thriller)", in Lewis Jones, Jel D. Michael Jackson, the King of Pop: The Big Picture: the Music! the Man! the Legend! the Interviews: an Anthology. Amber Books Publishing. 2005: 3. ISBN 978-0-9749779-0-4.
- R. Gunde, Culture and Customs of China (Greenwood, 2002), ISBN 0-313-30876-4, p. 101.
- Danielle Canada. R. Kelly. Jet Magazine. 1998-12-28 [2012-01-26].
During a recent interview with the reigning King of R&B, Kelly told JET why success saddens him
- Madonna quiere cantar con Gaga, y Gaga dice no. Rolling Stone (Argentina). 2012-09-28 [2013-02-19]. （原始内容存档于2012-12-13） （西班牙语）.
...La reina del pop invitó a la princesa a compartir escenario en alguno de sus recitales del MDNA Tour....
- Lady GaGa the new Princess of Pop. Daily Mirror (Trinity Mirror). [2013-02-19].
...MEET lady gaga – the grammy-nominated princess of pop.....
- Billboard https://www.facebook.com/Billboard/posts/10153577618719581. 2015-08-30 [2015-08-30].
...Taylor Swift welcomed pop-punk queen Avril Lavigne and "Cheerleader" singer OMI at her 1989 concert in San Diego....缺少或
- Lindner, Emilee. MTV http://www.mtv.com/news/2268603/pop-punk-princess-2004/. [2016-06-27].
...Where have all the pop punk girls gone? Sure, Avril Lavigne still reigns as queen....缺少或
- Pop rock princess Avril Lavigne at Foxwoods – Connecticut Post. m.ctpost.com. [2015-08-10].
- Avril Lavigne Is Still the ‘Motherfreaking Princess’ of Pop. thedailybeast. [2015-08-10].
- CRISTINA EVERETTMonday, January 16, 2012. The punk rock princess and the reality TV hunk have called it quits on their nearly two-year romance. New York: Articles.nydailynews.com. 2012-01-16 [2012-07-04].
- Pint-sized ‘punk rock’ princess Avril Lavigne turns a year older on September 27. But, after watching her go from pop-punk-teenager in ‘Sk8er Boi’ to punk-princess with ‘Girlfriend’. Planetradiocity.com. [2012-07-04]. （原始内容存档于2012-05-17）.
- Lipshutz, Jason. Lorde: The Billboard Cover Story. Billboard. 2013-09-06 [2014-06-20].
- Madonna's love history. The Daily Telegraph (London). 2008-10-15 [2011-10-10].
During her reign the first lady of pop Madonna has changed her men almost as often as she has changed her image.
- Savage, Mark. Pop superstars turn 50. BBC. 2008-08-15 [2009-04-07].
The album True Blue, with its iconic Herb Ritts cover, cements Madonna's reputation as the first lady of pop...; Also known as: The Queen of Pop, Material Girl...
- Madonna Makes History With 45th No. 1 on Billboard's Dance Club Songs Chart. Billboard. 2015-05-14 [2016-01-30].
The Queen of Pop is now unequaled chart royalty. Madonna makes momentous Billboard chart history, as she now has the most No. 1s ever, 45, by an act on a singular Billboard chart. She earns her 45th No. 1 on Dance Club Songs, where "Ghosttown" lifts 3-1....
- Readers Poll-The Queen Of Pop. Rolling Stone. 2011-07-06 [2011-07-06].
1.Madonna-To say that Madonna won this poll in a landslide would be like saying that she was a kind of popular pop singer in the 1980s. It wouldn't even begin to explain the scope of the situation. She received five times as many votes as Lady Gaga...
- Madonna Responds to Dolce & Gabbana’s Controversial Statements About Gay Adoption. Vanity Fair. 2015-03-19 [2016-01-30].
Madonna, the high priestess of pop-culture controversy, has weighed in on the Dolce & Gabbana contention, which began when the brand’s eponymous designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana spoke out against gay adoption to an Italian magazine.....
- "The queen of reinvention has achieved the seemingly impossible yet again", in Spotlights: Singles, Billboard, 2005-10-29, 117 (44): 69, ISSN 0006-2510
- "The queen of reinvention, Madonna, even named her 2004 world tour Reinvention", in Gallo, Carmine, 10 Simple Secrets of the World's Greatest Business Communicators, Sourcebooks: 204, 2006, ISBN 978-1-4022-0696-2
- "Reggae’s Mellow King, Defined by a Legacy He Couldn’t Outrun", in Holden, Stephen, Reggae’s Mellow King, Defined by a Legacy He Couldn’t Outrun, New York Times, 2012-04-19
- "The undisputed king of reggae helped prove the instrument's versatility", in Bob Marley, The Independent
- "Kylie: Goddess of Pop" – Julie Aspinall, 2010 (p.3), ISBN 1921667761
- VH1 Pop Queen Faceoff: The Runner Ups. VH1 Music. October 2014 [2014-10-24].
- "Once upon a time, long before anybody had even heard of Britney, Christina, Jessica or Mandy, Australian singer Kylie Minogue ruled the charts as princess of pop", in Kylie's back on royal form, Birmingham Post, 2000-07-08: 5
- J J Anisiobi, Here come the girls: Kylie Minogue and Jessie J show off their legs as well as their voices at The Queen's Diamond Jubilee concert, Mail Online, 4 June 2012, retrieved 2013-12-03.
- Final ovation for the queen of Canto-pop, The Sydney Morning Herald, 2004-02-20 [2009-03-08]
- Anita Mui, or Mei Yanfang, known as the "ever-changing" queen of Cantopop. ChinaBeat: Mei Yanfang, China Radio International webcast, 2008-01-06 [2009-03-08]
- Edward L. Davis, Encyclopedia of Contemporary Chinese Culture, Taylor & Francis: 567, 2008, ISBN 041577716X,
Anita Mui, frequently referred to as the 'Madonna of Asia', was also active in movies, like most Hong Kong pop stars
- Queen of Rap. Nicki Minaj announces in the song
- "Queen of Country. The title has been bestowed on Dolly Parton, Reba McEntire, Loretta Lynn and a few other female country stars." in Proskocil, Niz, Who is the queen of country?, Omaha World – Herald, 2008-08-07: 11
- "His original status as the King of Rock and Roll has never been seriously challenged, and he's remained a bottomless source of inspiration for the generations of rock and rollers who've taken up the cause in the decades since that July night in Memphis". Schinder, Scott, Icons of Rock: An Encyclopedia of the Legends who Changed Music Forever, Greenwood Publishing Group: 2, 2008, ISBN 978-0-313-33846-5
- Psy now king of YouTube. News.com.au. 2012-11-25 [2012-12-02].
- Move over Bieber, PSY's the new king of YouTube. CTV Television Network. [2012-12-02].
- Margeaux Watson. Caribbean Queen: Rihanna. Entertainment Weekly. 2007-06-22 [2015-12-11].
- James Montgomery. Rihanna: The Greatest Star, The Worst Nicknames. MTV. 2011-09-28 [2015-12-11].
- Rihanna's Road To 2012 VMAs: From Pop Princess To Good Girl Gone Bad. mtv.com. [2012-08-31].
- R&B QUEEN RIHANNA TO JOIN A-LIST MUSIC LINE UP AT MADAME TUSSAUDS LONDON (PDF). Madame Tussauds. 2011 [2013-02-04]. （原始内容 (PDF)存档于2012-05-14）.
- R&B Princess Rihanna to Thrill Bulgarian Fans November 30. Novinite.com. 2007 [2013-02-04].
- Paola Cassola. Shakira, Queen of the World Cup. Vogue Italia. Vogue Italia. 2010-05-03 [2010-05-03].
- Barbra Streisand: Queen of the divas. the Daily Mail. 2007-07-19 [2014-07-26].
- Barbra Streisand at her MusiCares Person of the Year dinner at the LA Convention Center. 2011-02-12 [2014-07-10].
- Often referred to in interviews, cover stories and promotional material as the new 'princess of pop' Susan Hopkins, Girl Heroes: The New Force In Popular Culture, University of Michigan Press: 60, 2002
- "... the queen of pop, Britney Spears awarded the king of pop, Michael Jackson the 'Artist of the Millennium' award, in Eminem wins best music video award. CBBC Newsround (BBC). 2002-08-30 [2010-01-12].
- "Spears proved to audiences universally that she was, like Madonna in her heyday, the new publicly appointed 'Queen of Pop'", in Martin Charles Strong; John Peel, The Great Rock Discography, Canongate Books: 1,423, 2004, ISBN 978-1-84195-615-2
- Boucher, Geoff. New rhythm for a pop princess. Toledo Blade. 2006-01-04: 1 [2016-02-01].
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton: romance reports on the set of The Voice. Hello Magazine. [2016-02-01].
- Ashley Whitney, Taylor Swift's 8-Year Transformation From Country Princess to Full-Blown Pop Star — VIDEOS, [2014-10-25]
- Whitney Weiss, Taylor Swift: Country Cutie to Pop Princess, [2014-09-08], （原始内容存档于2016-09-14）
- "Known as 'Principal' or 'Principal Tam', Alan Tam has received this title after years of experience mentoring younger artists", in Top 10 Cantopop Classics from the ’80s, MTV, [2012-06-23]
- "Prince of Pop Justin Timberlake strolls into town this week for three incredible dates at the SECC as part of his 2007 FutureSex/ Love Show – and you can be there, courtesy of our friends at Sony Ericsson and Vodafone." in Goodwin, Clayton, Win The last tickets to see Justin, Daily Record, 2007-05-02: 15
- Justin Timberlake Performing at VMAs, Getting Vanguard Award. Rolling Stone. 2013-08-15 [2015-09-24].
- Kaufman, Bill. Country-pop queen Shania Twain brings inspirational space to underprivileged kids. Calgary Sun. July 7, 2014. [2014-09-10]. （原始内容存档于2014年9月7日）.
- McClellan, Laura. Top 10 Shania Twain Songs. Taste of Country. [2014-09-10].
The Canadian country-pop queen reigned the airwaves in the mid-to-late-’90s, blasting out woman-empowering anthems and sensitive ballads that consistently climbed the charts and left fans wanting more.
- Vinson, Christina. Shania Twain ‘Looking at Dates’ for Tour. Taste of Country. 2014-07-09 [2014-09-10].
The singer — dubbed Queen of Country-Pop and a Caesars Palace staple for years now — has made some exciting progress in the touring and new music realm.
- Jolin Tsai - IMS. IMS. [2017-02-07] （美国英语）.
- Jolin Tsai and Namie Amuro give electrifying performance!. AsianPopNews.com. 2015-05-26 [2015-12-21].
- Asia’s Dancing Queen May Have Given Us the Year’s Best Pop Music Video. Time.com. 2014-11-19 [2015-12-21].
- TAIWAN MUSIC NIGHT. letrianon.fr. 2013-01-30 [2015-12-21]. （原始内容存档于2015-12-08）.
- John Farley, Christopher. Diva on Campus. Time. 2001-09-15: Splash [2011-07-11].
She's virtually unknown in the U.S., but Hikaru, 18, is Japan's biggest pop star. The Japanese media sing her praises: (...) THE DIVA OF THE HEISEI PERIOD! The Japanese public devours her music: her debut CD, First Love (1999), sold more than 9.5 million copies, making it the best-selling album in Japanese history.
- "At 25, Usher (yes, he's a certified member of the single sobriquet club, along with Cher, Prince and Moses) is the current modern R&B king." in With `Confessions,' Usher reigns as the king of R&B. Chicago Tribune. [2016-03-13].
- "A quick look at the reign of the king of R&B" in 10 Reminders That Usher Is the King of R&B. BET. [2016-07-23].
- Carrie Underwood reigns as queen of country at CMT Awards. AXS. [2016-06-12]. （原始内容存档于2016-08-17）.
- 21 Reasons Why Carrie Underwood is the Undeniable Queen of Country. www.pride.com. 2015-09-03 [2016-06-01].
- Mary Ma, The standard HK 互联网档案馆的存檔，存档日期2011-06-29.", The Standard, retrieved 2008-03-07.
- AFP. Faye Wong is Asia's sexiest vegetarian. The Times Of India. 2008-06-19.
- Taiwan's 'Godfather of Rock' Wu Bai having 25 year anniversary concert tomorrow. Taiwan News. 2018-06-29.
- Rock icon Wu Bai lets rip for over two hours, but fans still want more. The Straits Times. 2015-01-04.
- "It had already been noted that Neil Young was an important influence on grunge musicians, and in the mid-1990s it became common to see Neil Young described as 'the godfather of grunge'", in Echard, William, Neil Young and the Poetics of Energy, Indiana University Press: 43, 2005, ISBN 978-0-253-21768-4