- Global Greenhouse Gas Emissions Data. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 12 January 2016 [30 December 2019].
The burning of coal, natural gas, and oil for electricity and heat is the largest single source of global greenhouse gas emissions.
- AR4 SYR Synthesis Report Summary for Policymakers – 2 Causes of change. ipcc.ch. [9 October 2015]. （原始内容存档于28 February 2018）.
- Just 100 companies responsible for 71% of global emissions, study says. The Guardian. 2017-07-10 [2021-04-09] （英语）.
- Gustin, Georgina. 25 Fossil Fuel Producers Responsible for Half Global Emissions in Past 3 Decades. Inside Climate News. 2017-07-09 [2021-05-04].
- Mann, Michael E. Earth Will Cross the Climate Danger Threshold by 2036. Scientific American. 2014-04-01 [30 August 2016].