1935年至1936年間，由人稱伊平的法基爾的米爾扎利汗發起新的起義。游擊戰一路延燒到戰後。1938年，米爾扎利汗在古尔韦克（Gurwek）宣布獨立。1947年6月，米爾扎利汗與運動(Khudai Khidmatgars)成員達成普什圖斯坦決議，要求英國政府让普什圖人拥有一個独立的普什圖斯坦，而不是让他们加入巴基斯坦。然而，英国拒绝这项决议。 1947年8月巴基斯坦建国后，米尔扎利汗及其追随者拒绝承认巴基斯坦，并发动了针对巴基斯坦的游击战。 1960年，米爾札利汗在古尔韦克去世。
- President signs constitutional amendment to merge FATA with KP. www.pakistantoday.com.pk. [2018-06-28] （英国英语）.
- Yusufzai, Ashfaq. KP plans to take control of Fata health directorate. DAWN.COM. 28 June 2018 [2018-06-28] （美国英语）.
- Tribe: Ahmadzai Wazir (PDF). Naval Postgraduate School.
- DISTRICT AND TEHSIL LEVEL POPULATION SUMMARY WITH REGION BREAKUP - North Waziristan (PDF). www.pbscensus.gov.pk. [2018-06-28].
- DISTRICT AND TEHSIL LEVEL POPULATION SUMMARY WITH REGION BREAKUP - South Waziristan (PDF). www.pbscensus.gov.pk. [2018-06-28].
- "A powerful tribal chief has warned militants linked with al-Qaeda to leave a Pakistani border district after the death of eight members of his clan supporting peace efforts in the troubled region. Maulavi Nazir, who drove out hundreds of Uzbek fighters in a bloody battle last year, said his armed followers would attack those loyal to an al-Qaeda linchpin in South Waziristan. Mr Nazir, who represents the influential Wazir tribe, blamed Baitullah Mehsud..." (Australian News Network), 8 January 2008 (on-line)
- Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). "Waziristan" . Encyclopædia Britannica. 28 (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press. pp. 9.
- Ali Shah, Sayyid Vaqar. Marwat, Fazal-ur-Rahim Khan , 编. Afghanistan and the Frontier. University of Michigan: Emjay Books International. 1993: 256.
- H Johnson, Thomas; Zellen, Barry. Culture, Conflict, and Counterinsurgency. Stanford University Press. 2014: 154. ISBN 9780804789219.
- The Faqir of Ipi of North Waziristan. The Express Tribune. 15 November 2010.
- The legendary guerilla Faqir of Ipi unremembered on his 115th anniversary. The Express Tribune. 18 April 2016.
- South Asia Defence and Strategic Year Book. Panchsheel. 2009: 260.
- Fürstenberg, Kai (2012) Waziristan: Solutions for a Troubled Region in Spotlight South Asia, No. 1, ISSN 2195-2787 (http://www.apsa.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/SSA-1.pdf)
- Roe, Andrew M. Waging War in Waziristan: The British Struggle in the Land of Bin Laden, 1849–1947 (Lawrence: University Press of Kansas, 2010) 313 pages
- Operations in Waziristan 1919–1920, Compiled by the General Staff, Army Headquarters, India, 1923 (Reprinted by Naval & Military Press and Imperial War Museum, ISBN 1-84342-773-7)
- Systems of Survival (1992) by Jane Jacobs. Jacobs cites a story from the 16 July 1974 issue of The Wall Street Journal in which a Pathan husband in Waziristan reportedly cut off his wife's nose because he was jealous. Thinking the better of it, he took her to a surgeon to have the injury repaired. Upon finding out that an operation would cost thirty rupees, he called it off, saying he could buy a new wife for eighty rupees. Jacobs cites this incident as evidence contradicting the platitude that society is based on the family. Instead, each family is based on whatever society it finds itself in. (Jacobs' discussion in her book is viewable on Amazon.com. Search for "Pathan".)