- 《協同信條》（1577）「嚴格來說，福音的內容乃是：要從上帝獲得赦罪，人應當相信上帝的兒子 - 我們的主基督 - 曾親身擔負律法的咒詛，補贖償還我們一切的罪孽，以致唯獨藉基督我們再領受上帝恩典，藉信心獲得赦罪，脫離死亡及罪的一切刑罰而永享救恩。凡賜安慰和上帝慈悲及恩惠給違反律法者，可嚴格稱為福音，即佳美歡樂的信息：上帝不願意刑罰罪過，願因基督的緣故赦免罪。」
- The Proto-Gospel, by R. C. Sproul.
- Luther and the Christology of the Old Testament, by Dr. Raymond F. Surburg, p14, saying: "Messianic prophecy has its origin in Genesis 3:15, which has been called the "protevangelium," the first Gospel promise. It was spoken by the LORD God ( יְהוָה אֱלֹהִם ) to the Serpent, used by Satan, in the hearing of Adam and Eve."
- The Lutheran Study Bible, p20, "3:15...This points to Christ and His defeat of Satan on the cross, and for this reason this verse is often called the 'protevangelium' (the first promise of the Gospel)"
- Worldwide Mission: The Work of the Triune God, by Dr. Paul Peter, p3, saying "After the Fall of man (Gen. 3) and its dire results, the loss of Paradise (3:23f.), death by sin (3:3; Rom. 5:12), and the cursing of the ground (3:17), preceded by the Protevangelium (3:15), the first revelation of the missio Dei, the Scriptures continue with the generations of Adam and the names of all the patriarchs from Adam to Noah..."
- I 哥林多前書 15:1-4
- Evangelism is the spreading of the evangelium, i.e. Christian proselytization, see also the Great Commission. Evangelicalism is a 20th century branch of Protestantism that emphasizes the reception of the "good news" by the individual (see also Low church), in contrast to the traditional and historical emphasis on the communal aspect of the Church's guardianship of the authentic Gospel (see also High church) as crucial to the salvation of the faithful (Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus).