- Crouthamel, James. Bennett's New York Herald and the Rise of the Popular Press. Syracuse University Press. 1989 [2022-10-11]. （原始内容存档于2012-07-28）.
The finished four-page Herald with its circulation of twelve thousand as in 1845 the most popular and profitable daily newspaper in the United States. Its niche was so secure that its success seemed almost inevitable. But Bennett was fifty years old, and his success had come very late, after many years of apparent failure. ...
- Sandburg, Carl. Storm Over the Land. Harcourt, Brace and Company. 1942: 87 [2022-10-11]. （原始内容存档于2022-10-11）.
- Carey, John. A good man in Africa ?. The Sunday Times. March 18, 2007 [2007-11-15]. （原始内容存档于2011-05-17）.
His quest to find David Livingstone was financed by his paper, the New York Herald. Nothing had been heard of the great explorer since the previous year, when he was somewhere on Lake Tanganyika.
- The New York Herald 1842-1920 Many Editions Digitized Online at The Library of Congress （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆）
- Three months with the New York Herald: or, Old news on board of a homeward ... by John Henry Potter
- Photographs and architectural sketches of the New York Herald Building （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆）
- A winter evening in a crowded Herald Square at the New York Herald Building, oil on board painting （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆）