古兰经对艾优卜言简意赅。历史文学则大做文章，认为他是努哈的后人。与《希伯来圣经》相似，伊斯兰传统提到伊布力斯听到天使谈及艾优卜是安拉最为敬虔正直的仆人。艾优卜被安拉选为先知，每日祈祷谢恩。但恶魔想要将他腐蚀策反。 因此，安拉准许恶魔折磨艾优卜，让他深受创伤痛苦许久，但安拉知道他不会背叛。“艾优卜， 当时他曾呼吁他的主（说）：‘痼疾确已伤害我，你是最仁慈的。’”
- JOB - In Rabbinical Literature. The unedited full-text of the 1906 Jewish Encyclopedia. JewishEncyclopedia.com. [16 September 2013].
- Coogan, Michael B. Job's Wife and Daughters, Page 388. (Oxford University Press, 2009)
- "This man is described in the Syriac book as living in the land of Ausis, on the borders of Idumea and Arabia: and his name before was Jobab; and having taken an Arabian wife, he begot a son whose name was Ennon. And he himself was the son of his father Zare, one of the sons of Esau, and of his mother Bosorrha, so that he was the fifth from Abraam. And these were the kings who reigned in Edom, which country he also ruled over: first, Balac, the son of Beor, and the name of his city was Dennaba: but after Balac, Jobab, who is called Job, and after him Asom, who was governor out of the country of Thaeman: and after him Adad, the son of Barad, who destroyed Madiam in the plain of Moab; and the name of his city was Gethaim. And his friends who came to him were Eliphaz, of the children of Esau, king of the Thaemanites, Baldad sovereign the Sauchaeans, Sophar king of the Minaeans."
- http://ecmarsh.com/lxx-kjv/job/job_042.htm Last chapter of the Greek version of the Book of Job
- Sirach 49:9
- Tractate Sotah
- Rabbi Yehudah Prero "The Passover Hagadah Maggid – Relating the Chain of Events Part 2". Torah.org. [2012-04-06].
- Ezekiel 14:14
- Simeon ben Laqish
- 《米德拉什》 Genesis Rabbah LXVII
- Tractate Baba Batra 15a–16b
- Iyyov – Job WEBSHAS Index to the Talmud. Aishdas.org. [2012-04-06].
- Tractate Pesachim 2b
- Tractate Pesachim 112a
- Tractate Megillah 28a
- Tractate Eruvin 21a
- Cf. "But I know that my Vindicator lives; In the end He will testify on earth - this , after my skin will have been peeled off." (Job, 19:25 Berlin, Adele; Brettler, Marc Zvi. The Jewish Study Bible. [S.l.]: Oxford University Press. 2014: 1523 [2 January 2017]. ISBN 978-0-19-997846-5. — Vindicator, Hebrew "go'el", a person, usually a relative, who stood up for his kinsman's rights; also used of God in his relationship with Israel.
- Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Qur'an: Text, Translation and Commentary, note 2739: "Job (Ayub) was a prosperous man, with faith in Allah, living somewhere in the north-east corner of Arabia. He suffers from a number of calamities: his cattle are destroyed, his servants slain by the sword, and his family crushed under his roof. But he holds fast to his faith in Allah. As a further calamity he is covered with loathsome sores from head to foot. He loses his peace of mind, and he curses the day he was born. His false friends come and attribute his afflictions to sin. These "Job's comforters" are no comforters at all, and he further loses his balance of mind, but Allah recalls to him all His mercies, and he resumes his humility and gives up self-justification. He is restored to prosperity, with twice as much as he had before; his brethren and friends come back to him; he had a new family of seven sons and three fair daughters. He lived to a good old age, and saw four generations of descendants. All this is recorded in the Book of Job in the Old Testament. Of all the Hebrew writings, the Hebrew of this Book comes nearest to Arabic."
- Brandon M. Wheeler, Historical Dictionary of Prophets in Islam and Judaism, Job, pg. 171
- Encyclopedia of Islam, A. Jefferey, Ayyub
- Qur'an 6:84
- Ibn Kathir, Stories of the Prophets, The Story of the Prophet Job
- 《古兰经》众先知(安比雅) 21:83
- 古兰经 38:41
- W. Khalidi, 1992, "All that remains", p. 376
- Onomasticon, or Περὶ τῶν τοπικῶν ὀνομάτων τῶν ἐν τῇ Θείᾳ Γραφῇ
- civitas Job
- Pringle, 1998, p. 239.
- Hammam Ayyub
- Schumacher; Oliphant; le Strange, 1886, p. 194.
- Schumacher; Oliphant; le Strange, 1886, p.191.
- Eyyüb Nebi Çevre Düzenleme Projesi(Turkish)
- Gerard Seghers
- Book of Job （英文）
- Book of Job with Hebrew and English
- Themes of Job
- Summary of Job's life （页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆）.
- A resource page network on Job
- Aristeas identifies Job with the Jobab mentioned in Genesis 36:33, a great-grandson of Esau
- An international fraternal organization for young women based on the teachings of the book of Job.
- The Story of Ayyub (Job). The same page is also available here
- "Job", Forest Park Monuments, NYC Dept of Parks & Recreation
- 360 Degree Tour of Prophet Job's Tomb in Urfa, Turkey