黛西·蕾德莉（Disney Infinity 3.0，|
Screenwriter 麦可·安特 said that he found Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy's offer to write the Star Wars sequel trilogy daunting in mid-2012, but he became interested when it was explained to him that the tale was about the origin story of a female Jedi and he met with 乔治·卢卡斯. The character was a young woman known as Kira in the early stages of production, and 阿恩特 described her as a "loner, hothead, gear-head, badass". 阿恩特 said that he struggled with introducing the young woman as the main character in his story while keeping her from being overshadowed after her early meeting with the Luke Skywalker character. Ridley recalled that director and writer J·J·艾布斯 originally intended to name the character "Keera", however during filming in 阿布扎比, 艾布斯 revealed to Ridley that he was thinking of going with "Rey".
On creating a female lead for the new trilogy, 艾布斯 stated that from his initial discussions with writer 勞倫斯·卡斯丹, he was excited at the concept of having a woman at the center of the story. He said that "We always wanted to write Rey as the central character" and that other female representation in the story was also important. 甘迺迪 stated that, "Rey is the new generation's Luke Skywalker." Rey's background as a scavenger was part of the developers attempting to portray her as "the ultimate outsider and the ultimate disenfranchised person", due to their belief that a person of that nature would likely experience a prolonged journey compared to other types of people.
Daisy Ridley was largely unknown before being cast for the role of Rey. Ridley said that she auditioned many times for the role over the course of seven months and had to keep her casting a secret for three months. She was announced as part of the cast at the end of April 2014. She only had experience with small parts in TV shows. Her inexperience and lack of exposure were a crucial part of what convinced 艾布斯 to give Ridley the role, as the previous installments had featured relatively unknown talent that would not experience heightened degrees of scrutiny. 艾布斯 stated that Ridley "was so funny and had a great spark", as well as having her act out an emotional scene, proclaiming that "she nailed it on the first take." 艾布斯 would go on to praise Ridley, stating "She was born with this gift to be in a moment and make it her own. She simultaneously works from the inside out and the outside in." 甘迺迪 proclaimed "Daisy had a physicality and a self-confidence that was so important to the character we were looking for. She epitomizes that optimism where anything is possible." Director Dusan Lazarevic, who was present at the casting of Ridley for a role in British drama series Silent Witness, in addition to praising her acting range, stated "She showed a combination of vulnerability and strength which gave her a complexity, and there was an intelligence in her eyes that was an indicator she could play quite a complicated part." Cailey Fleming was additionally cast to portray a young Rey.
Although Ridley expressed that she was "riddled with doubts and insecurities", she stated that Rey's hopefulness is what she related to most in Rey, going on to say it "was something driving me through the auditions—even though it felt so insanely out of anything that I could've imagined." Ridley recalled her shooting experience as starting off bumpy, with 艾布斯 telling her that her first few takes were "wooden". However, Ridley and 艾布斯 had an "incredibly collaborative" process with creating Rey; Ridley recalled that the character "changed from when we first began, she became softer. And I think that's probably me, because Americans tend not to understand me, so it helped, slowing down the speech and everything just made it softer than I am." On her character, Ridley has stated that Rey will have "some impact in a girl power-y way", adding that the character "doesn't have to be one thing to embody a woman in a film. It just so happens she's a woman but she transcends gender. She's going to speak to men and women." In an interview with Elle, Ridley would continue describing her character, "She's so strong. She's cool and smart and she can look after herself," adding "Young girls can look at her and know that they can wear trousers if they want to. That they don't have to show off their bodies."
- Pulver 2015.
- Favre 2016.
- Sadler 2016.
- Breznican 2015.
- Garis 2015.
- Goldman 2016.
- "Waking the Giant" 2015.
- Szostak 2015.
- Barrett 2017.
- Turner 2015.
- McKnight 2016.
- Siegel 2015.
- Saner 2015.
- Plattner 2015.
- Prudom 2015b.
- Bartleet 2015.
- Yamato 2015a.
- Greiving 2015.
- Dornbush 2016.
- "The Sound of a Galaxy" 2016.
- Liebl 2015.
- Nakamura 2016.
- A Galaxy of Star Wars: The Force Awakens Books Coming December 18 – Updated!. Star Wars. December 1, 2015 [January 8, 2016].
- Acuna, Kirsten. People are going crazy for this theory about Rey from 'Star Wars' – but I'm not buying it. Business Insider. January 12, 2016 [December 17, 2017].
- Anders, Charlie Jane. Please Stop Spreading This Nonsense that Rey From Star Wars Is a 'Mary Sue'. Gizmodo. io9. December 21, 2015 [December 21, 2015].
- Barrett, Devin. Driving Miss Daisy. V. October 31, 2017 [December 24, 2017].
- Bartleet, Larry. New Star Wars actor Daisy Ridley reveals director JJ Abrams called her acting 'wooden'. NME. November 29, 2015 [December 20, 2015].
- Boone, John. EXCLUSIVE: 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Director Promises 'Deeply and Profoundly Satisfying' Answer to Rey and Luke Theories. Entertainment Tonight. January 12, 2016 [February 20, 2016].
- Breznican, Anthony. 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': An Exclusive EW Gallery of New Photos. Entertainment Weekly. November 11, 2015 [December 19, 2015].
- Breznican, Anthony. Where's Rey? She's in The Second Wave of 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Toys. Entertainment Weekly. January 12, 2016 [March 16, 2016].
- Breznican, Anthony. Star Wars highlights female heroes in Forces of Destiny – first look. Entertainment Weekly. April 13, 2017 [April 13, 2017].
- Bryant, Taylor. Is This Star Wars: The Force Awakens Hairstyle The New Leia Buns?. Refinery29. December 15, 2015 [January 17, 2016].
- Buchanan, Kyle. Let's Discuss the Ending of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Vulture. November 11, 2015 [December 19, 2015].
- Cipriani, Casey. Rey's Parents In 'The Force Awakens' Might Not Be Who You Think. Bustle. December 18, 2015 [December 19, 2015].
- Cipriani, Casey. Every 'The Last Jedi' Clue About Rey's Parents, Explained. Bustle. December 14, 2017 [December 17, 2017].
- Compendio, Chris. Kylo Ren and Rey Finally Join Mobile Game Star Wars: Force Arena. Screen Rant. November 9, 2017 [November 22, 2017].
- Cusamano, Katherine. How Does 'The Force Awakens' End? The New 'Star Wars' Pays Homage to the Old. Bustle. December 18, 2015 [December 19, 2015].
- Dornbush, Jonathon. Star Wars: The Force Awakens soundtrack video. Entertainment Weekly. February 23, 2016 [December 23, 2017].
- Favre, Cassandra. Dreams of Stardom: Picayune native appears in blockbuster film. Picayune Item. December 23, 2015 [February 20, 2016].
- Foster, Alan Dean. Chapter I. The Force Awakens (e-book). 2015. ISBN 9781101965504.
- Framke, Caroline. What is a Mary Sue, and does Star Wars: The Force Awakens have one?. Vox. December 28, 2015 [January 1, 2016].
- Fritz, Ben. Hasbro, Disney to Answer Rey Fans' Demands With New 'Star Wars' Toys. Nasdaq. January 11, 2016 [February 20, 2016].
- Fry, Jason. Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide. 2015. ISBN 9780794435691.
- Template:Cite wb
- Galuppo, Mia. 'Star Wars': J.J. Abrams Knows Rey's Secret Parents. The Hollywood Reporter. January 12, 2016 [February 20, 2016].
- Garber, Megan. Star Wars: The Feminism Awakens. The Atlantic. December 19, 2015 [December 20, 2015].
- Garis, Mary Grace. JJ Abrams Explains Why We Need A Female 'Star Wars' Protagonist & Here Are 7 Reasons Rey Is Long Overdue. Bustle. November 30, 2015 [December 19, 2015].
- Gettell, Oliver. Star Wars Monopoly game criticized for leaving out Rey. Entertainment Weekly. January 4, 2016 [January 6, 2016].
- Goldman, Eric. J.J. ABRAMS UNHAPPY ABOUT LACK OF REY IN STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS MERCHANDISE. IGN. January 9, 2015 [February 20, 2016].
- Greiving, Tim. John Williams on 'Force Awakens' score: 'I felt a renewed energy, and a vitality'. 洛杉矶时报. December 18, 2015 [December 18, 2015].
- Hawkes, Rebecca. Who is Rey? Everything we know about Daisy Ridley's mysterious new Star Wars heroine. The Daily Telegraph. December 23, 2015 [December 29, 2015].
- Howard, Adam. 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' hero Rey hailed as feminist icon. MSNBC. December 22, 2015 [December 22, 2015].
- Kamp, David. Cover Story: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Definitive Preview. Vanity Fair. May 24, 2017 [June 3, 2017].
- Kim, Monica. Is Daisy Ridley's Star Wars Hair Making Its Way From the Big Screen to the Street?. Vogue. December 16, 2015 [January 17, 2016].
- Lambie, Ryan. Star Wars: Rey & Her Absence from Force Awakens Merchandise. Den of Geek. January 7, 2016 [January 11, 2016].
- Lang, Nico. 'Star Wars' doesn't have a heroine problem: Arguing over whether Rey's a 'Mary Sue' is missing the point. Salon. December 22, 2015 [January 1, 2016].
- Lawler, Kelly. 10 burning questions we have after seeing 'The Force Awakens'. USA Today. December 18, 2015 [December 19, 2015].
- Liebl, Matt. Star Wars: The Force Awakens Play Set revealed for Disney Infinity 3.0. GameZone. August 16, 2015 [December 21, 2015].
- McKnight, Brent. Star Wars: The Force Awakens Writer Reveals How Rey And Finn Came To Be. CinemaBlend. January 22, 2016 [January 22, 2016].
- Miller, Matt. J.J. Abrams Just Revealed a Huge Star Wars Secret About Rey's Parents. Esquire. April 15, 2016 [December 19, 2017].
- Miller, Matt. The Best Star Wars Theories About Rey's Parents. Esquire. November 29, 2017 [December 19, 2017].
- Mondello, Bob. 'Star Wars': The Force of Nostalgia Is Strong With This One. NPR. December 16, 2015 [December 19, 2015].
- Morgenstern, Joe. 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Review: A New Hope With the Old Force. The Wall Street Journal. December 16, 2015 [December 19, 2015].
- guillaume_mroz. It is. Well spotted :) (推文). October 5, 2017 [October 13, 2017] –通过推特.
- Nakamura, Reid. 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Leads Saturn Awards Nominees. The Wrap. February 24, 2016 [March 17, 2016].
- Oswald, Anjelica. Meet Daisy Ridley, the 23-year-old who snagged a lead role in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' – her Hollywood career is about to blow up. Business Insider. October 22, 2015 [December 19, 2015].
- Patnaik, Subrat. 'Star Wars' toys generate more than $700 million in sales in 2015. Reuters. January 20, 2016 [March 16, 2016].
- Plattner, Seth. Can An Unknown Named Daisy Ridley Take Over the 'Star Wars' Empire?. Elle. December 18, 2015 [December 23, 2015].
- Prudom, Laura. 'Star Wars' Actor John Boyega on Finn's Past: 'I've Got Some Conspiracy Theories'. Variety. December 7, 2015 [January 8, 2016].
- Prudom, Laura. 'Star Wars': Daisy Ridley on 'Episode VIII,' Geeking Out Over 'Rogue One's' Felicity Jones. Variety. December 17, 2015 [December 23, 2015].
- Pulver, Andrew. Star Wars director JJ Abrams: we always wanted women at the centre of The Force Awakens. The Guardian. December 17, 2015 [December 19, 2015].
- Star Wars and CodeGirl to Win Best Portrayals of Leading Women in Tech. National Center for Women & Information Technology. May 18, 2016 [May 26, 2016].
- Rey, Kylo Ren, and More Await You in Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded – First Look. Star Wars. February 1, 2016 [February 3, 2016].
- Robinson, Tasha. With Star Wars' Rey, we've reached Peak Strong Female Character. The Verge. December 19, 2015 [December 21, 2015].
- Roeper, Richard. 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Review: The Thrills Are Strong With This One. Chicago Sun-Times. December 16, 2015 [December 19, 2015]. （原始内容存档于December 18, 2015）. 已忽略未知参数
- Rome, Emily. Rey is exactly the 'Star Wars' character we've been looking for – and now we're complaining about her. HitFix. December 19, 2015 [December 20, 2015].
- helensadler. #MayThe4thBeWithYou!! So jazzed to voice REY for Disney's Lego Star Wars! in 'Rey Strikes Back' (推文). May 4, 2016 [November 8, 2016] –通过推特.
- helensadler. Beyond excited to announce I'm voicing REY (and Captain Phasma) in the New @starwars BATTLEFRONT 2!! 🙇♀️#Battlefront2 #EAstarwars #Rey (推文). August 24, 2017 [September 3, 2017] –通过推特. 参数
- Saner, Emine. How Daisy Ridley went from bit parts to lead in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The Guardian. November 28, 2015 [December 19, 2015].
- Siegel, Tatiana. Next Gen 2015: How Unknown Daisy Ridley's 'Weird Feeling' Helped Her Land 'Star Wars' Role. The Hollywood Reporter. November 4, 2015 [February 20, 2016].
- Sperling, Nicole. The Power of Rey. Entertainment Weekly. December 22, 2015 [December 22, 2015].
- Spiegel, Josh. The Most Satisfying Twist in 'The Last Jedi'. The Hollywood Reporter. December 16, 2017 [December 19, 2017].
- Star Wars: Episode VIII Now Filming. Star Wars. February 15, 2016 [February 20, 2016].
- Szostak, Phil. The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. 2015. ISBN 9781419717802.
- Taylor, Chris. Rey's history is revealed in 'The Last Jedi' – but does it matter?. Mashable. August 11, 2016 [December 19, 2017].
- "The Sound of a Galaxy: Inside the Star Wars: The Force Awakens Soundtrack". Star Wars. Feb 22, 2016 [Feb 22, 2016].
- Turner, Gayle. Exclusive Interview with the Next Luke Skywalker – Daisy Ridley #StarWarsEvent. Disney Gals. December 14, 2015 [February 20, 2016].
- VanDerWerff, Todd. Star Wars: The Last Jedi spoilers: the truth about Rey is revealed. Or is it?. Vox. December 17, 2017 [December 19, 2017].
- Watkins, Gwynne. Who Are Rey's Parents? 5 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Fan Theories. Yahoo! Movies. January 5, 2016 [January 8, 2016].
- Waking the Giant. WGA. December 22, 2015 [February 20, 2016].
- Yamato, Jen. 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Cast on the Film's Feminist 'Girl Power' and Diversity. The Daily Beast. December 7, 2015 [December 20, 2015].
- Yamato, Jen. Star Wars Merch's Sexism Problem: #WheresRey Highlights Dearth in Female Toys. The Daily Beast. December 22, 2015 [January 6, 2016].
- Yglesias, Matthew. Star Wars: The Force Awakens is a movie we can't evaluate until we see Episode VIII. Vox. December 22, 2015 [January 1, 2016].
- Rey in the official StarWars.com encyclopedia