遲發性肌肉痛（英语：delayed onset muscle soreness, DOMS）是一種運動之後24—72小時出現的肌肉痠痛或不舒適。通常會持續兩至三日。舊式理論普遍認為該痛症為乳酸積聚所引起，近期醫學研究證實真正起因為肌肉伸展時，因為不習慣運動量，肌肉纖維有微細損傷。另有一種說法是痛症並不是因為肌肉細胞受損，而是肌內強化過程之中細胞膨脹，壓住神經、血管，引致延遲性肌肉痠痛。 
- 'Early events in stretch-induced muscle damage'
- Delayed onset muscle soreness (D.O.M.S.) - Pain after exercise
- Delayed-onset muscle soreness - Work out now, pay later?
- Delayed onset muscle soreness exercises - How to avoid delayed onset muscle soreness (the dreaded DOMS)
- ^ Roth, S. (2006, January 23). Why does lactic acid build up in muscles? And why does it cause soreness? ScientificAmerica.com. Retrieved on July 24, 2006.
- ^ Connolly, D. A., Sayers, S. P. & McHugh, M. P. (2003) Treatment and prevention of delayed onset muscle soreness (abstract.) Journal of Strength Conditioning Research, 17(1):197-208. Retrieved from PubMed.gov on July 24, 2006.
- ^ Szymanski, D. (2003). Recommendations for the avoidance of delayed-onset muscle soreness. Strength and Conditioning Journal 23(4): 7–13.
- ^ Ji-Guo, Y. (2003). Re-evaluation of exercise-induced muscle soreness: an immunohistochemical and ultrastructural study. Abstract of unpublished doctoral dessertation, Umeyå Universittet, Sweden. ISBN 91-7305-503-4
- ^ Kennealy, D. (2002, November). Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water!! UK Athletics - Sports Sceince Panel Articles. Retreived on July 26, 2006.
- ^ Quinn, E. (n.d.). Stretching - What the research shows. About Health & Fitness - Sports Medicine. Retrieved on July 26, 2006.
- ^ Knudson, D. Stretch after the match, not before. Coaches' infoservice. Retreived on July 26, 2006.