January 3, 1973 – November 18, 1978
|前任||Paul N. McCloskey, Jr.|
|繼任||William H. Royer|
1962 – 1972
|前任||Glenn E. Coolidge|
1962 – 1962
- ^ http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20078618,00.html
- ^ Cuniberti, Betty; Los Angeles Times News Service: Wire services. Daughter of Congressman Killed in Guyana Explains Why She Joined Commune of Controversial Indian Guru. The Record (Bergen Record Corp.). January 6, 1985: A54.
Six years later, 32-year-old Shannon Jo Ryan joined other family members in the White House Oval Office, where President Reagan presented them with Ryan's posthumous Congressional Gold Medal, honoring the only member of Congress ever killed in the line of duty.
- ^ Sudol, Karen. Keeping her brother's memory alive : Rep. Ryan's sister won't let people forget him or Jonestown. Asbury Park Press. November 24, 2004.
Ryan is the only member of Congress to have been killed in the line of duty and was posthumously recognized in the 1980s with a congressional award presented by then-President Ronald Reagan.
- ^ Congressman Tom Lantos' Remarks on the 25th Anniversary of the Tragedy at Jonestown and the Death of Congressman Leo Ryan (新闻稿). Internet Archive. 2003-11-17 [2010-01-29].
Among the victims was Congressman Leo Ryan, the first Member of Congress ever killed in the line of duty.(archived page, alternate link)
- ^ Epstein, Edward. Lantos the master storyteller, communicator. San Francisco Chronicle. January 1, 2007 [2008-09-02].
Ryan, the only member of Congress ever killed in the line of duty, was succeeded in a special election by a Republican, but Lantos won a Democratic primary in 1980, beat the GOP incumbent and has never looked back.
- Ryan, Leo J. Understanding California Government and Politics. Palo Alto, CA: Fearon Publishers. 1966.
- Hall, John R. Gone from the Promised Land: Jonestown in American Cultural History. New Brunswick, New Jersey: Transaction Publishers. 1987. ISBN 0-88738-124-3.
- Reiterman, Tim; Jacobs, John. Raven: The Untold Story of Rev. Jim Jones and His People. Dutton. 1982. ISBN 0-525-24136-1.