2月24日 (闰年于2月25日) (1970前的 罗马天主教圣人历, 美国圣公会、路德宗)
|主保||酗酒; 木匠; 盖瑞城; 天主教大瀑布城-比灵斯教区, 蒙大拿州; 天花; 裁缝; 望德; 坚忍不屈|
Synopsis of Dorotheus囊括了这样的记录：
Matthias in interiore Æthiopia, ubi Hyssus maris portus et Phasis fluvius est, hominibus barbaris et carnivoris praedicavit Evangelium. Mortuus est autem in Sebastopoli, ibique prope templum Solis sepultus.
"Matthias preached the Gospel to barbarians and meat-eaters in the interior of Ethiopia, where the sea harbor of Hyssus is, at the mouth of the river Phasis. He died at Sebastopolis, and was buried there, near the Temple of the Sun."
亞歷山大的克雷芒叙述道 (Stromateis vi.13.)：
Not that they became apostles through being chosen for some distinguished peculiarity of nature, since also Judas was chosen along with them. But they were capable of becoming apostles on being chosen by Him who foresees even ultimate issues. Matthias, accordingly, who was not chosen along with them, on showing himself worthy of becoming an apostle, is substituted for Judas.
- Saint Matthias. Catholic Saints. 2009 [May 14, 2010].
- Acts 1. Bible Gateway. [2017-11-13].
- Acts 1:18-26. Bible Gateway. [2017-11-13].
- Acts 1:23-26. Bible Gateway. [2017-11-13].
- The Ethiopia/Aethiopia mentioned here as well as in the quote from the "Synopsis of Dorotheus" is that region identified with an ancient Egyptian military colony in the Caucasus mountains on the river Alazani. Its inhabitants were described as being black and or swarthy with curly or woolen hair.
- See "Egyptian Colony and Language in the Caucasus and its Anthropological Relations," by Hyde Clarke, 1874
- cf. Tillemont, Mémoires pour servir à l'histoire ecclesiastique des six premiers siècles, I, 406–7
- The Traditions of Matthias. Earlychristianwritings.com. [2011-05-12].
- "Calendarium Romanum" (Libreria Editrice Vaticana, 1969), p. 92; cf. p. 117
- The Calendar. The Prayer Book Society of Canada. 2013-10-16 [2017-11-13] （美国英语）.
- web site. Oremus.org. [2011-05-12].