- Critchell, Samantha. This spring, wear a heel of a shoe. Tuscaloosa News（合眾社供稿）. 2007-03-11 （英语）.
There were open toe shows before the 1940s but that's when they started to be called peep-toe shoes to imply a sexual overtone
- (8 October 2005). Peep-Toe Pumps Step Out, Wall Street Journal
- (18 June 1955). Peep-toe show may be on way out, The Bulletin (Glasgow)
- (2 August 2010). Are Peep-Toe Shoes Too Provocative for Women Lawyers?, ABA Journal
- (17 October 2010). Peep-toe boots let them all hang out, Los Angeles Times ("Open-toe shoes made their way back into style after the Depression with a rise in the influence of beach culture. Sandals evolved into peep-toe evening shoes, a style that stayed strong through the 1940s. They resurfaced in fashion during the 1970s and more recently as tough, Frankenstein-goes-on-holiday, platform booties on the Alexander Wang spring 2009 runway....")
- 在淘寶售賣的魚嘴鞋，也是以短靴為主。. [2018-01-28] （中文（简体））.