|1萬||If a failure of the Wilkes Subglacial Basin "ice plug" in the next few centuries were to endanger the 東南極冰蓋, it will take up to this long to melt completely. 海平面s would rise 3 to 4 米s. (One of the potential long-term effects of global warming, this is separate from the shorter term threat of the 西南極冰蓋.)|
|2.5萬||The northern Martian polar ice cap could recede as 火星 reaches a warming peak of the northern hemisphere during the ~50,000 year perihelion precession aspect of its Milankovitch cycle.|
|3.6萬||The small 紅矮星 罗斯248 will pass within 3.024 light-years of Earth, becoming the closest star to the Sun. It will recede after about 8,000 years, making first 南門二 again and then 格利泽445 the nearest stars (see timeline).|
|5萬||According to Berger and Loutre, the current 間冰期 ends sending the Earth back into a 冰期 of the current 大冰期, regardless of the effects of 全球变暖.|
|5萬||The length of the day used for astronomical timekeeping reaches about 86,401 SI seconds, due to lunar tides decelerating the Earth's rotation. Under the present-day timekeeping system, either a 闰秒 would need to be added to the clock every single day, or else by then, in order to compensate, the length of the day would have had to have been officially lengthened by one SI second.|
|10萬||The 自行 of stars across the 天球, which is the result of their movement through the 银河系, renders many of the 星座s unrecognisable.|
|10萬[b]||The 特超巨星 star 大犬座VY will likely have exploded in a 極超新星.|
|10萬[b]||Earth will likely have undergone a 超级火山 eruption large enough to erupt 400 km3 of 岩漿. For comparison, 伊利湖 is 484 km3.|
|10萬||Native North American 蚯蚓s, such as Megascolecidae, will have naturally spread north through the United States Upper Midwest to the Canada–US border, recovering from the Laurentide ice sheet glaciation (38°N to 49°N), assuming a migration rate of 10 m / year. (However, non-native invasive earthworms of North America have already been introduced by humans on a much shorter timescale, causing a shock to the regional 生态系统).|
|10萬+||As one of the long-term effects of global warming, 10% of anthropogenic carbon dioxide will still remain in a stabilized atmosphere.|
|25萬||Lōʻihi, the youngest volcano in the 夏威夷-天皇海山链, will rise above the surface of the ocean and become a new 火山岛.|
|~30萬[b]||At some point in the next "several" hundred thousand years, the 沃爾夫–拉葉星 WR104 is expected to explode in a 超新星. It has been suggested that it may produce a 伽玛射线暴 that could pose a threat to life on Earth should its poles be aligned 12° or lower towards Earth. The star's axis of rotation has yet to be determined with certainty.|
|50萬[b]||Earth will likely have been hit by an asteroid of roughly 1 km in diameter, assuming it cannot be averted.|
|50萬||The rugged terrain of 恶地国家公园 in South Dakota will have eroded away completely.|
|95萬||巴林杰陨石坑, a large 撞击坑 in Arizona considered the "freshest" of its kind, will have been eroded away.|
|100萬[b]||Earth will likely have undergone a 超级火山 eruption large enough to erupt 3,200 km3 of magma, an event comparable to the 多峇巨災理論 75,000 years ago.|
|100萬[b]||Highest estimated time until the 紅超巨星 star 參宿四 explodes in a 超新星. The explosion is expected to be easily visible in daylight.|
|100萬[b]||Desdemona and Cressida, moons of 天王星, will likely have collided.|
|140萬||The star 葛利斯710 will pass as close as 13,365 AU (0.2 light-years to the Sun) before moving away. This will gravitationally perturb members of the 奥尔特云, a halo of icy bodies orbiting at the edge of the Solar System, thereafter increasing the likelihood of a cometary impact in the inner Solar System.|
|200萬||Time it took the last time for 珊瑚礁 ecosystems to recover from 海洋酸化; a similar time may be necessary for the current human-caused event.|
|200萬+||The 科羅拉多大峽谷 will erode further, deepening slightly, but principally widening into a broad valley surrounding the 科羅拉多河.|
|270萬||Average orbital half-life of current centaurs, that are unstable because of gravitational interaction of the several 外行星. See predictions for notable centaurs.|
|1,000萬||The widening East African Rift valley is flooded by the 红海, causing a new ocean basin to divide the continent of 非洲 and the 非洲板块 into the newly formed Nubian Plate and the 索马里板块.|
|1,000萬||Estimated time for full recovery of 生物多樣性 after a potential 全新世滅絕事件, if it was on the scale of the five previous major extinction events.|
|1,000萬至1億[b]||Cupid and Belinda, moons of 天王星, will likely have collided.|
|5,000萬||Maximum estimated time before the moon Phobos collides with 火星.|
|5,000萬||The 加利福尼亚州n coast begins to be 隱沒帶 into the 阿留申海沟 due to its northward movement along the 圣安德烈亚斯断层.|
|50–60 million||The Canadian Rockies will erode away to a plain, assuming a rate of 60 Bubnoff units. (The Southern Rockies in the United States are eroding at a somewhat slower rate.)|
|50–400 million||Estimated time for Earth to naturally replenish its 化石燃料 reserves.|
|80 million||The Big Island will have become the last of the current 夏威夷群島 to sink beneath the surface of the ocean, while a more recently formed chain of "new Hawaiian Islands" will then have emerged in their place.|
|100 million[b]||Earth will likely have been hit by an asteroid comparable in size to the one that triggered the K–Pg extinction 66 million years ago, assuming it cannot be averted.|
|100 million||Upper estimate for lifespan of the 土星環 in their current state.|
|180 million||Due to the gradual slowing down of Earth's rotation, a day on Earth will be one hour longer than it is today.|
|230 million||Prediction of the orbits of the planets is impossible over greater time spans than this, due to the limitations of 李雅普诺夫时间.|
|240 million||From its present position, the 太阳系 completes one full orbit of the 銀心.|
|250 million||All the continents on Earth may fuse into a 超大陸. Three potential arrangements of this configuration have been dubbed Amasia, 新盤古大陸, and 終極盤古大陸.|
|400–500 million||The supercontinent (Pangaea Ultima, Novopangaea, or Amasia) will likely have rifted apart.|
|500–600 million[b]||Estimated time until a 伽玛射线暴, or massive, hyperenergetic supernova, occurs within 6,500 light-years of Earth; close enough for its rays to affect Earth's 臭氧层 and potentially trigger a 生物集群灭绝, assuming the hypothesis is correct that a previous such explosion triggered the 奧陶紀－志留紀滅絕事件. However, the supernova would have to be precisely oriented relative to Earth to have any negative effect.|
|600 million||潮汐加速 moves the 月球 far enough from Earth that 日食s are no longer possible.|
|600 million||The Sun's increasing luminosity begins to disrupt the carbonate–silicate cycle; higher luminosity increases 風化作用 of surface rocks, which traps 二氧化碳 in the ground as carbonate. As water evaporates from the Earth's surface, rocks harden, causing 板块构造论 to slow and eventually stop. Without volcanoes to recycle carbon into the Earth's atmosphere, carbon dioxide levels begin to fall. By this time, carbon dioxide levels will fall to the point at which C3 photosynthesis is no longer possible. All plants that utilize C3 photosynthesis (~99 percent of present-day species) will die.|
|800 million||Carbon dioxide levels fall to the point at which C4 photosynthesis is no longer possible. Free oxygen and ozone disappear from the atmosphere. Multicellular life dies out.|
|1 billion[c]||The Sun's luminosity has increased by 10 percent, causing Earth's surface temperatures to reach an average of ~320 K (47 °C, 116 °F). The atmosphere will become a "moist greenhouse", resulting in a runaway evaporation of the oceans. Pockets of water may still be present at the poles, allowing abodes for simple life.|
|1.3 billion||真核生物 life dies out due to carbon dioxide starvation. Only 原核生物 remain.|
|1.5–1.6 billion||The Sun's increasing luminosity causes its circumstellar 適居帶 to move outwards; as 二氧化碳 increases in 火星's atmosphere, its surface temperature rises to levels akin to Earth during the 大冰期.|
|2.3 billion||The Earth's 外核 freezes, if the 內地核 continues to grow at its current rate of 1 mm per year. Without its liquid outer core, the 地磁场 shuts down, and charged particles emanating from the 太阳 gradually deplete the atmosphere.|
|2.8 billion||Earth's surface temperature, even at the poles, reaches an average of ~422 K（149 °C；300 °F）. At this point, life, now reduced to unicellular colonies in isolated, scattered microenvironments such as high-altitude lakes or subsurface caves, will completely die out.[d]|
|3 billion||中位數 point at which the Moon's increasing distance from the Earth lessens its stabilising effect on the Earth's 轉軸傾角. As a consequence, Earth's true polar wander becomes chaotic and extreme.|
|3.3 billion||One percent chance that Jupiter's gravity may make Mercury's orbit so eccentric as to collide with 金星, sending the inner Solar System into chaos. Possible scenarios include Mercury colliding with the Sun, being ejected from the Solar System, or colliding with Earth.|
|3.5–4.5 billion||The amount of 水蒸气 in the lower atmosphere increases to 40%. This, combined with the luminosity of the Sun reaching roughly 35–40% more than its present-day value, will result in Earth's atmosphere heating up and the surface temperature skyrocketing to roughly 1,600 K（1,330 °C；2,420 °F）, hot enough to melt surface rock. This essentially will make the planet much like how Venus is today.|
|3.6 billion||海王星's moon Triton falls through the planet's 洛希極限, potentially disintegrating into a 行星环 system similar to Saturn's.|
|4 billion||中位數 point by which the 仙女座星系 will have collided with the 银河系, which will thereafter merge to form a galaxy dubbed "仙女座星系-银河系的碰撞". The planets of the Solar System are expected to be relatively unaffected by this collision.|
|5 billion||With the hydrogen supply exhausted at its core, the Sun leaves the 主序星 and begins to evolve into a 紅巨星.|
|7.5 billion||Earth and Mars may become 潮汐鎖定 with the expanding subgiant Sun.|
|7.59 billion||The Earth and Moon are very likely destroyed by falling into the Sun, just before the Sun reaches the tip of its 紅巨星 phase and its maximum radius of 256 times the present-day value.[e] Before the final collision, the Moon possibly spirals below Earth's 洛希極限, breaking into a ring of debris, most of which falls to the Earth's surface.|
|7.9 billion||The Sun reaches the tip of the red-giant branch of the 赫羅圖, achieving its maximum radius of 256 times the present-day value. In the process, Mercury, 金星, very likely Earth, and possibly Mars are destroyed.|
|8 billion||The Sun becomes a carbon-oxygen 白矮星 with about 54.05 percent its present mass.[f] At this point, if somehow the Earth survives, temperatures on the surface of the planet, as well as other remaining planets in the Solar System, will begin dropping rapidly, due to the white dwarf Sun emitting much less energy than it does today.|
|22 billion||The end of the Universe in the 大撕裂 scenario, assuming a model of 暗能量 with w = −1.5. Observations of 星系团 speeds by the 钱德拉X射线天文台 suggest that the true value of w is ~-0.991, meaning the Big Rip will not occur.|
|50 billion||If the Earth and Moon are not engulfed by the Sun, by this time they will become 潮汐鎖定ed, with each showing only one face to the other. Thereafter, the tidal action of the Sun will extract 角动量 from the system, causing the lunar orbit to decay and the Earth's spin to accelerate.|
|100 billion||The Universe's expansion causes all galaxies beyond the former Milky Way's 本星系群 to disappear beyond the cosmic light horizon, removing them from the 可觀測宇宙.|
|150 billion||The 宇宙微波背景 cools from its current temperature of ~2.7 K to 0.3 K, rendering it essentially undetectable with current technology.|
|450 billion||中位數 point by which the ~47 galaxies of the Local Group will coalesce into a single large galaxy.|
|800 billion||Expected time when the net light emission from the combined "Milkomeda" galaxy begins to decline as the 紅矮星 stars pass through their blue dwarf stage of peak luminosity.|
|1012 (1 trillion)||Low estimate for the time until 恆星形成 ends in galaxies as galaxies are depleted of the gas clouds they need to form stars.
The universe's expansion, assuming a constant 暗能量 density, multiplies the wavelength of the cosmic microwave background by 1029, exceeding the scale of the cosmic light horizon and rendering its evidence of the 大爆炸 undetectable. However, it may still be possible to determine the expansion of the universe through the study of 恆星運動學.
|4x1012 (4 trillion)||Estimated time until the red dwarf star 比邻星, the closest star to the Sun at a distance of 4.25 光年s, leaves the main sequence and becomes a 白矮星.|
|1.2x1013 (12 trillion)||Estimated time until the red dwarf VB 10, as of 2016 the least massive 主序星 star with an estimated mass of 0.075 M☉, runs out of hydrogen in its core and becomes a 白矮星.|
|3×1013 (30 trillion)||Estimated time for stars (including the 太阳) to undergo a close encounter with another star in local stellar neighborhoods. Whenever two stars (or stellar remnants) pass close to each other, their planets' orbits can be disrupted, potentially ejecting them from the system entirely. On average, the closer a planet's orbit to its parent star the longer it takes to be ejected in this manner, because it is gravitationally more tightly bound to the star.|
|1014 (100 trillion)||High estimate for the time until normal 恆星形成 ends in galaxies. This marks the transition from the 膨胀宇宙的未来 to the 膨胀宇宙的未来; with no free hydrogen to form new stars, all remaining stars slowly exhaust their fuel and die.|
|1.1–1.2×1014 (110–120 trillion)||Time by which all stars in the universe will have exhausted their fuel (the longest-lived stars, low-mass 紅矮星s, have lifespans of roughly 10–20 trillion years). After this point, the stellar-mass objects remaining are stellar remnants (白矮星s, 中子星s, black holes) and 棕矮星s.
Collisions between brown dwarfs will create new red dwarfs on a marginal level: on average, about 100 stars will be shining in what was once the Milky Way. Collisions between stellar remnants will create occasional supernovae.
|1015 (1 quadrillion)||Estimated time until stellar close encounters detach all planets in star systems (including the 太阳系) from their orbits.|
|1019 to 1020
|Estimated time until 90%–99% of 棕矮星s and stellar remnants (including the 太阳) are ejected from galaxies. When two objects pass close enough to each other, they exchange orbital energy, with lower-mass objects tending to gain energy. Through repeated encounters, the lower-mass objects can gain enough energy in this manner to be ejected from their galaxy. This process eventually causes the Milky Way to eject the majority of its brown dwarfs and stellar remnants.|
|1020 (100 quintillion)||Estimated time until the 地球 collides with the 黑矮星 太阳 due to the decay of its orbit via emission of 重力波, if the Earth is not ejected from its orbit by a stellar encounter or engulfed by the Sun during its red giant phase.|
|1030||Estimated time until those stars not ejected from galaxies (1%–10%) fall into their galaxies' central 超大質量黑洞s. By this point, with 聯星 having fallen into each other, and planets into their stars, via emission of gravitational radiation, only solitary objects (stellar remnants, brown dwarfs, ejected planets, black holes) will remain in the universe.|
|2×1036||The estimated time for all 核子 in the observable universe to decay, if the hypothesized proton half-life takes its smallest possible value (8.2×1033 years).[g]|
|3×1043||Estimated time for all nucleons in the observable universe to decay, if the hypothesized proton half-life takes the largest possible value, 1041 years, assuming that the 大爆炸 was inflationary and that the same process that made baryons predominate over anti-baryons in the early Universe makes protons decay.[g] By this time, if protons do decay, the 膨胀宇宙的未来, in which black holes are the only remaining celestial objects, begins.|
|1065||Assuming that protons do not decay, estimated time for rigid objects, from free-floating rocks in space to 行星, to rearrange their atoms and molecules via 量子穿隧效應. On this timescale, any discrete body of matter "behaves like a liquid" and becomes a smooth sphere due to diffusion and gravity.|
|5.8×1068||Estimated time until a 恆星黑洞 with a mass of 3 太阳质量es decays into subatomic particles by the Hawking process.|
|1.342×1099||Estimated time until the central black hole of S5 0014+81, as of 2015 the most massive known with the mass of 40 billion solar masses, dissipates by the emission of Hawking radiation, assuming zero angular momentum (non-rotating black hole). However, the black hole is currently accreting, so the time it takes to dissipate may be longer than this.|
|1.7×10106||Estimated time until a supermassive black hole with a mass of 20 trillion solar masses decays by the Hawking process. This marks the end of the Black Hole Era. Beyond this time, if protons do decay, the Universe enters the 膨胀宇宙的未来, in which all physical objects have decayed to subatomic particles, gradually winding down to their final energy state in the 热寂.|
|10200||Estimated high time for all nucleons in the observable universe to decay, if they don't via the above process, through any one of many different mechanisms allowed in modern particle physics (higher-order baryon non-conservation processes, virtual black holes, sphalerons, etc.) on time scales of 1046 to 10200 years.|
|101500||Assuming protons do not decay, the estimated time until all 重子 has either fused together to form iron-56 or decayed from a higher mass element into iron-56 (see 鐵星).|
|[h][i]||Low estimate for the time until all objects exceeding the 普朗克質量[與來源不符] collapse via 量子穿隧效應 into 黑洞s, assuming no 質子衰變 or virtual black holes. On this vast timescale, even ultra-stable iron stars are destroyed by quantum tunnelling events. First iron stars of sufficient mass will collapse via tunnelling into 中子星s. Subsequently, neutron stars and any remaining iron stars collapse via tunnelling into black holes. The subsequent evaporation of each resulting black hole into sub-atomic particles (a process lasting roughly 10100 years) is on these timescales instantaneous.|
|[b][i]||Estimated time for a 玻尔兹曼大脑 to appear in the vacuum via a spontaneous entropy decrease.|
|[i]||High estimate for the time until all matter collapses into neutron stars or black holes, assuming no proton decay or virtual black holes, which then (on these timescales) instantaneously evaporate into sub-atomic particles.|
|[i]||High estimate for the time for the Universe to reach its final energy state, even in the presence of a false vacuum.[與來源不符]|
|[b][i]||Around this vast timeframe, 量子穿隧效應 in any isolated patch of the vacuum could generate, via inflation, new 大爆炸s giving birth to new universes.
Because the total number of ways in which all the subatomic particles in the observable universe can be combined is , a number which, when multiplied by , disappears into the rounding error, this is also the time required for a quantum-tunnelled and 量子涨落-generated Big Bang to produce a new universe identical to our own, assuming that every new universe contained at least the same number of subatomic particles and obeyed laws of physics within the range predicted by 弦理論.
|1萬||If 全球化 trends lead to 随机交配, human genetic variation will no longer be regionalized, as the 有效種群大小 will equal the actual population size. (This does not mean homogeneity, as minority traits will still be preserved, e.g., no disappearing blonde gene, but will rather be evenly distributed worldwide.)|
|10,000||Humanity has a 95% probability of being extinct by this date, according to Brandon Carter's formulation of the controversial 末日论证, which argues that half of the humans who will ever have lived have probably already been born.|
|20,000||According to the 语言年代学 linguistic model of 莫里斯·斯瓦迪士, future languages should retain just 1 out of 100 "core vocabulary" words on their 斯瓦迪士核心詞列表 compared to that of their current progenitors.|
|100,000+||Time required to terraform Mars with an 氧-rich breathable atmosphere, using only plants with solar efficiency comparable to the biosphere currently found on Earth.|
|1 million||Estimated shortest time by which humanity could colonize our Milky Way galaxy and become capable of harnessing all the energy of the galaxy, assuming a velocity of 10% the 光速.|
|2 million||Vertebrate species separated for this long will generally undergo 异域物种形成. Evolutionary biologist James W. Valentine predicted that if humanity has been dispersed among genetically isolated space colonies over this time, the galaxy will host an evolutionary radiation of multiple human species with a "diversity of form and adaptation that would astound us". (This would be a natural process of isolated populations, unrelated to potential deliberate 基因治療 technologies.)|
|7.8 million||Humanity has a 95% probability of being extinct by this date, according to J. Richard Gott's formulation of the controversial 末日论证, which argues that we have probably already lived through half the duration of human history.|
|5–50 million||Shortest time by which the entire galaxy could be colonised by means within reach of current technology.|
|1 billion||Estimated time for an astroengineering project to alter the 地球轨道, compensating for the Sun's increasing brightness and outward migration of the habitable zone, accomplished by repeated asteroid 重力助推s.|
|25,000||The 阿雷西博信息, a collection of radio data transmitted on 16 November 1974, reaches the distance of its destination, the 球狀星團 M13. This is the only interstellar radio message sent to such a distant region of the galaxy. There will be a 24-light-year shift in the cluster's position in the galaxy during the time it takes the message to reach it, but as the cluster is 168 light-years in diameter, the message will still reach its destination. Any reply will take at least another 25,000 years from the time of its transmission.|
|32,000||先驱者10号 passes within 3 光年s of 罗斯248.|
|40,000||旅行者1号 passes within 1.6 光年s of 格利泽445, a star in the constellation 鹿豹座 also known as 格利泽445.|
|50,000||The KEO space time capsule, if it is launched, will reenter Earth's atmosphere.|
|296,000||旅行者2号 passes within 4.3 光年s of 天狼星, the brightest star in the night sky.|
|800,000–8 million||Low estimate of Pioneer 10 plaque lifespan, before the etching is destroyed by poorly-understood interstellar erosion processes.|
|2 million||先驱者10号 passes near the bright star 畢宿五.|
|4 million||先驱者11号 passes near one of the stars in the constellation Aquila.|
|8 million||The LAGEOS satellites' orbits will decay, and they will re-enter Earth's atmosphere, carrying with them a message to any far future descendants of humanity, and a map of the continents as they are expected to appear then.|
|1 billion||Estimated lifespan of the two 旅行者金唱片s, before the information stored on them is rendered unrecoverable.|
|10,000||Planned lifespan of the Long Now Foundation's several ongoing projects, including a 10,000-year clock known as the Clock of the Long Now, the 罗塞塔项目, and the Long Bet Project.
Estimated lifespan of the HD-Rosetta analog disc, an ion beam-etched writing medium on nickel plate, a technology developed at 洛斯阿拉莫斯国家实验室 and later commercialized. (The Rosetta Project uses this technology, named after the 羅塞塔石碑).
|10,000||Projected lifespan of Norway's 斯瓦尔巴全球种子库.|
|100,000+||Estimated lifespan of Memory of Mankind (MOM) 迷你自存倉-style repository in 哈尔施塔特 salt mine in Austria, which stores information on inscribed tablets of 炻器.|
|1 million||Planned lifespan of the Human Document Project being developed at the 特文特大学 in the Netherlands.|
|1 billion||Estimated lifespan of "Nanoshuttle memory device" using an iron nanoparticle moved as a molecular switch through a 碳纳米管, a technology developed at the 加州大學柏克萊分校.|
|more than 13 billion||Estimated lifespan of "Superman memory crystal" data storage using femtosecond laser-etched nanostructures in glass, a technology developed at the 南安普敦大学.|
|100萬||Current 玻璃 objects in the environment will be decomposed.
On the 月球, 尼尔·阿姆斯特朗's "one small step" footprint at 静海基地 will erode by this time, along with those left by all twelve Apollo moonwalkers, due to the accumulated effects of 空间风化. (Normal erosion processes active on Earth are not present due to the Moon's almost complete lack of atmosphere.)
|1億||Future archaeologists should be able to identify an "Urban 地层" of fossilized great coastal cities, mostly through the remains of underground infrastructure such as building foundations and 共同沟s.|
|1.3萬||By this point, halfway through the precessional cycle, Earth's 轉軸傾角 will be reversed, causing 夏季 and 冬季 to occur on opposite sides of Earth's orbit. This means that the seasons in the 北半球, which experiences more pronounced seasonal variation due to a higher percentage of land, will be even more extreme, as it will be facing towards the Sun at Earth's perihelion and away from the Sun at aphelion.|
|38,172年10月||A transit of Uranus from Neptune, the rarest of all planetary transits.|
|70,000年||百武二號彗星 returns to the inner solar system, after traveling in its orbit out to its aphelion 3,410 A.U. from the Sun and back.|
|571,741年||A simultaneous transit of Venus and the 地球 as seen from Mars|
|600萬||Comet C/1999 F1 (Catalina), one of the longest period comets known, returns to the inner solar system, after traveling in its orbit out to its aphelion 66,600 A.U. (1.05 light-years) from the Sun and back.|
|10,000||The 公历 will be roughly 10 days out of sync with the seasons.|
|10,874||12,892年6月10日||In the 希伯來曆, due to a gradual drift with regard to the solar year, 逾越節 will fall on the northern summer solstice (it is meant to fall around the spring equinox).|
|18,856||20,874年||The lunar 伊斯兰历 and the solar 公历 will share the same year number. After this, the shorter Islamic calendar will slowly overtake the Gregorian.|
|25,000||The Tabular Islamic calendar will be roughly 10 days out of sync with the Moon's phase.|
|46,883||48,901年3月1日[j]||The 儒略曆 (365.25 days) and 公历 (365.2425 days) will be one year apart.|
|10,000||The Waste Isolation Pilot Plant, for nuclear weapons waste, is planned to be protected until this time, with a "Permanent Marker" system designed to warn off visitors through both multiple languages (the six UN languages and Navajo) and through 象形符号s. (The Human Interference Task Force has provided the theoretical basis for United States plans for future nuclear semiotics.)|
|20,000||The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, the 2,600 km2（1,000 sq mi） area of 乌克兰 and 白俄罗斯 left deserted by the 1986 切尔诺贝利核事故, becomes safe for human life.|
|30,000||Estimated supply lifespan of fission-based 快中子增殖反应堆 reserves, using known sources, assuming 2009 世界能源消耗量.|
|60,000||Estimated supply lifespan of fission-based 轻水反应堆 reserves if it is possible to extract all the 鈾 from seawater, assuming 2009 世界能源消耗量.|
|211,000||半衰期 of technetium-99, the most important 长寿命裂变产物 in uranium-derived nuclear waste.|
|250,000||The estimated minimum time at which the spent 钚 stored at New Mexico's Waste Isolation Pilot Plant will cease to be lethal to humans.|
|15.7 million||半衰期 of iodine-129, the most durable 长寿命裂变产物 in uranium-derived nuclear waste.|
|60 million||Estimated supply lifespan of 聚变能 reserves if it is possible to extract all the 锂 from seawater, assuming 1995 世界能源消耗量.|
|5 billion||Estimated supply lifespan of fission-based 快中子增殖反应堆 reserves if it is possible to extract all the 鈾 from seawater, assuming 1983 世界能源消耗量.|
|150 billion||Estimated supply lifespan of 聚变能 reserves if it is possible to extract all the 氘 from seawater, assuming 1995 世界能源消耗量.|
- The precise cutoff point is 0:00 on 1 January AD 10,001
- This represents the time by which the event will most probably have happened. It may occur randomly at any time from the present.
- Units are 西方的数字命名法
- There is a roughly 1 in 100,000 chance that the Earth might be ejected into interstellar space by a stellar encounter before this point, and a 1 in 3 million chance that it will then be captured by another star. Were this to happen, life, assuming it survived the interstellar journey, could potentially continue for far longer.
- This has been a tricky question for quite a while; see the 2001 paper by Rybicki, K. R. and Denis, C. However, according to the latest calculations, this happens with a very high degree of certainty.
- Based upon the weighted least-squares best fit on p. 16 of Kalirai et al. with the initial mass equal to a 太阳质量.
- Around 264 half-lives. Tyson et al. employ the computation with a different value for half-life.
- is 1 followed by 1026 (100 septillion) zeroes.
- Although listed in years for convenience, the numbers beyond this point are so vast that their digits would remain unchanged regardless of which conventional units they were listed in, be they nanoseconds or star lifespans.
- Manually calculated from the fact that the calendars were 10 days apart in 1582 and grew further apart by 3 days every 400 years. 1 March AD 48900 (Julian) and 1 March AD 48901 (Gregorian) are both Tuesday. The Julian day number (a measure used by astronomers) at Greenwich mean midnight (start of day) is 19 581 842.5 for both dates.
- Rescher, Nicholas. Predicting the future: An introduction to the theory of forecasting. State University of New York Press. 1998. ISBN 0-7914-3553-9.
- Adams, Fred; Laughlin, Greg. The Five Ages of the Universe. New York: The Free Press. 1999. ISBN 978-0-684-85422-9.
- Adams, Fred C.; Laughlin, Gregory. A dying universe: the long-term fate and evolution of astrophysical objects. Reviews of Modern Physics. April 1997, 69 (2): 337–372. Bibcode:1997RvMP...69..337A. arXiv:astro-ph/9701131. doi:10.1103/RevModPhys.69.337.
- Komatsu, E.; Smith, K. M.; Dunkley, J.; 等. Seven-Year Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) Observations: Cosmological Interpretation. The Astrophysical Journal Supplement Series. 2011, 192 (2): 18. Bibcode:2011ApJS..192...19W. arXiv:1001.4731. doi:10.1088/0067-0049/192/2/18.
- Linde, Andrei. Sinks in the Landscape, Boltzmann Brains and the Cosmological Constant Problem. Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics. 2007, 2007 (1): 022. Bibcode:2007JCAP...01..022L. arXiv:hep-th/0611043. doi:10.1088/1475-7516/2007/01/022.
- Mengel, M.; A. Levermann. Ice plug prevents irreversible discharge from East Antarctica. Nature Climate Change. 4 May 2014, 4 (6): 451–455. Bibcode:2014NatCC...4..451M. doi:10.1038/nclimate2226.
- Hockey, T.; Trimble, V. Public reaction to a V = -12.5 supernova. The Observatory. 2010, 130: 167. Bibcode:2010Obs...130..167H.
- Schorghofer, Norbert. Temperature response of Mars to Milankovitch cycles (PDF). Geophysical Research Letters. 23 September 2008, 35 (18): L18201. Bibcode:2008GeoRL..3518201S. doi:10.1029/2008GL034954. （原始内容 (PDF)存档于19 September 2009）.
- Beech, Martin. Terraforming: The Creating of Habitable Worlds. Springer. 2009: 138–142.
- Matthews, R. A. J. The Close Approach of Stars in the Solar Neighborhood. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society. Spring 1994, 35 (1): 1. Bibcode:1994QJRAS..35....1M.
- Berger, A & Loutre, MF. Climate: an exceptionally long interglacial ahead?. Science. 2002, 297 (5585): 1287–8. PMID 12193773. doi:10.1126/science.1076120.
- Niagara Falls Geology Facts & Figures. [[尼亞加拉公園委員會|]]. [29 April 2011]. （原始内容存档于19 July 2011）.
- Bastedo, Jamie. Shield Country: The Life and Times of the Oldest Piece of the Planet. Arctic Institute of North America of the University of Calgary. 1994: 202.
- Finkleman, David; Allen, Steve; Seago, John; Seaman, Rob; Seidelmann, P. Kenneth. The Future of Time: UTC and the Leap Second. June 2011. arXiv:1106.3141.
Tapping, Ken. The Unfixed Stars. National Research Council Canada. 2005 [29 December 2010]. （原始内容存档于8 July 2011）. 已忽略未知参数
- Monnier, J. D.; Tuthill, P.; Lopez, GB; 等. The Last Gasps of VY Canis Majoris: Aperture Synthesis and Adaptive Optics Imagery. [[天文物理期刊|]]. 1999, 512 (1): 351–361. Bibcode:1999ApJ...512..351M. arXiv:astro-ph/9810024. doi:10.1086/306761.
- Super-eruptions: Global effects and future threats. The Geological Society. [25 May 2012].
- Schaetzl, Randall J.; Anderson, Sharon. Soils: Genesis and Geomorphology. Cambridge University Press. 2005: 105.
- David Archer. The Long Thaw: How Humans Are Changing the Next 100,000 Years of Earth's Climate. [[普林斯頓大學出版社|]]. 2009: 123. ISBN 978-0-691-13654-7.
- Frequently Asked Questions. Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park. 2011 [22 October 2011].
- Tuthill, Peter; Monnier, John; Lawrance, Nicholas; Danchi, William; Owocki, Stan; Gayley, Kenneth. The Prototype Colliding-Wind Pinwheel WR 104. The Astrophysical Journal. 2008, 675 (1): 698–710. Bibcode:2008ApJ...675..698T. arXiv:0712.2111. doi:10.1086/527286.
- Bostrom, Nick. Existential Risks: Analyzing Human Extinction Scenarios and Related Hazards. Journal of Evolution and Technology. March 2002, 9 (1) [10 September 2012].
- Badlands National Park - Nature & Science - Geologic Formations.
- Landstreet, John D. Physical Processes in the Solar System: An introduction to the physics of asteroids, comets, moons and planets. Keenan & Darlington. 2003: 121.
- Sharpest Views of Betelgeuse Reveal How Supergiant Stars Lose Mass. Press Releases. [[欧洲南方天文台|]]. 29 July 2009 [6 September 2010].
- Sessions, Larry. Betelgeuse will explode someday. EarthSky Communications, Inc. 29 July 2009 [16 November 2010].
- Uranus's colliding moons. astronomy.com. 2017 [2017-09-23].
- Filip Berski and Piotr A. Dybczyński. Gliese 710 will pass the Sun even closer. [[天文与天体物理学报|]]. 25 October 2016, 595 (L10). Bibcode:2016A&A...595L..10B. doi:10.1051/0004-6361/201629835.
- Goldstein, Natalie. Global Warming. Infobase Publishing. 2009: 53.
The last time acidification on this scale occurred (about 65 mya) it took more than 2 million years for corals and other marine organisms to recover; some scientists today believe, optimistically, that it could take tens of thousands of years for the ocean to regain the chemistry it had in preindustrial times.
- Grand Canyon - Geology - A dynamic place. Views of the National Parks. National Park Service.
- Horner, J.; Evans, N.W.; Bailey, M. E. Simulations of the Population of Centaurs I: The Bulk Statistics. [[皇家天文學會月報|]]. 2004, 354 (3): 798–810. Bibcode:2004MNRAS.354..798H. arXiv:astro-ph/0407400. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2966.2004.08240.x.
- Haddok, Eitan. Birth of an Ocean: The Evolution of Ethiopia's Afar Depression. [[科学美国人|]]. 29 September 2008 [27 December 2010].
- Kirchner, James W.; Weil, Anne. Delayed biological recovery from extinctions throughout the fossil record. Nature. 9 March 2000, 404 (6774): 177–180. Bibcode:2000Natur.404..177K. PMID 10724168. doi:10.1038/35004564.
- Wilson, Edward O. The Diversity of Life. W. W. Norton & Company. 1999: 216.
- Bills, Bruce G.; Gregory A. Neumann; David E. Smith; Maria T. Zuber. Improved estimate of tidal dissipation within Mars from MOLA observations of the shadow of Phobos (PDF). Journal of Geophysical Research. 2005, 110 (E07004). Bibcode:2005JGRE..110.7004B. doi:10.1029/2004je002376.
- Garrison, Tom. Essentials of Oceanography 5. Brooks/Cole. 2009: 62.
- Continents in Collision: Pangea Ultima. [[美国国家航空航天局|]]. 2000 [29 December 2010].
- Geology. Encyclopedia of Appalachia. University of Tennessee Press. 2011.
- Hancock, Gregory; Kirwan, Matthew. Summit erosion rates deduced from 10Be: Implications for relief production in the central Appalachians (PDF). Geology. January 2007, 35 (1): 89. Bibcode:2007Geo....35...89H. doi:10.1130/g23147a.1.
- Yorath, C. J. Of rocks, mountains and Jasper: a visitor's guide to the geology of Jasper National Park. Dundurn Press. 1995: 30.
- Dethier, David P.; Ouimet, W.; Bierman, P. R.; Rood, D. H.; 等. Basins and bedrock: Spatial variation in 10Be erosion rates and increasing relief in the southern Rocky Mountains, USA (PDF). Geology. 2014, 42 (2): 167–170. Bibcode:2014Geo....42..167D. doi:10.1130/G34922.1.
- Patzek, Tad W. Can the Earth Deliver the Biomass-for-Fuel we Demand?. (编) Pimentel, David. Biofuels, Solar and Wind as Renewable Energy Systems: Benefits and Risks. Springer. 2008.
- Perlman, David. Kiss that Hawaiian timeshare goodbye / Islands will sink in 80 million years. San Francisco Chronicle. 14 October 2006.
- Nelson, Stephen A. Meteorites, Impacts, and Mass Extinction. [[杜蘭大學|]]. [13 January 2011].
- Lang, Kenneth R. The Cambridge Guide to the Solar System. Cambridge University Press. 2003: 328–329.
- Jillian Scudder. How Long Until The Moon Slows The Earth To A 25 Hour Day?. [[福布斯|]]. [30 May 2017].
- Hayes, Wayne B. Is the Outer Solar System Chaotic?. Nature Physics. 2007, 3 (10): 689–691. Bibcode:2007NatPh...3..689H. arXiv:astro-ph/0702179. doi:10.1038/nphys728.
- Leong, Stacy. Period of the Sun's Orbit Around the Galaxy (Cosmic Year). The Physics Factbook. 2002 [2 April 2007].
- Scotese, Christopher R. Pangea Ultima will form 250 million years in the Future. Paleomap Project. [13 March 2006].
- Williams, Caroline; Nield, Ted. Pangaea, the comeback. New Scientist. 20 October 2007 [2 January 2014]. （原始内容存档于13 April 2008）.
- Minard, Anne. Gamma-Ray Burst Caused Mass Extinction?. National Geographic News. 2009 [2012-08-27].
Questions Frequently Asked by the Public About Eclipses. [[美国国家航空航天局|]]. [7 March 2010]. （原始内容存档于12 March 2010）. 无效
- O'Malley-James, Jack T.; Greaves, Jane S.; Raven, John A.; Cockell, Charles S. Swansong Biospheres: Refuges for life and novel microbial biospheres on terrestrial planets near the end of their habitable lifetimes. International Journal of Astrobiology. 2012, 12 (2): 99–112. Bibcode:2013IJAsB..12...99O. arXiv:1210.5721. doi:10.1017/S147355041200047X.
- Heath, Martin J.; Doyle, Laurance R. Circumstellar Habitable Zones to Ecodynamic Domains: A Preliminary Review and Suggested Future Directions. 2009. arXiv:0912.2482.
- Franck, S.; Bounama, C.; Von Bloh, W. Causes and timing of future biosphere extinction (PDF). Biogeosciences Discussions. November 2005, 2 (6): 1665–1679 [19 October 2011]. Bibcode:2005BGD.....2.1665F. doi:10.5194/bgd-2-1665-2005.
- Schröder, K.-P.; Connon Smith, Robert. Distant future of the Sun and Earth revisited. [[皇家天文學會月報|]]. 1 May 2008, 386 (1): 155–163. Bibcode:2008MNRAS.386..155S. arXiv:0801.4031. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2966.2008.13022.x.
- Brownlee, Donald E. Planetary habitability on astronomical time scales. (编) Schrijver, Carolus J.; Siscoe, George L. Heliophysics: Evolving Solar Activity and the Climates of Space and Earth. Cambridge University Press. 2010. ISBN 978-0-521-11294-9.
- Li King-Fai; Pahlevan, Kaveh; Kirschvink, Joseph L.; Yung, Luk L. Atmospheric pressure as a natural climate regulator for a terrestrial planet with a biosphere. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2009, 106 (24): 9576–9. Bibcode:2009PNAS..106.9576L. PMC 2701016. PMID 19487662. doi:10.1073/pnas.0809436106.
- Kargel, Jeffrey Stuart. Mars: A Warmer, Wetter Planet. Springer. 2004: 509 [29 October 2007]. ISBN 978-1-85233-568-7.
- Waszek, Lauren; Irving, Jessica; Deuss, Arwen. Reconciling the Hemispherical Structure of Earth's Inner Core With its Super-Rotation. Nature Geoscience. 20 February 2011, 4 (4): 264–267. Bibcode:2011NatGe...4..264W. doi:10.1038/ngeo1083.
- McDonough, W. F. Compositional Model for the Earth's Core. Treatise on Geochemistry. 2004, 2: 547–568. Bibcode:2003TrGeo...2..547M. ISBN 978-0-08-043751-4. doi:10.1016/B0-08-043751-6/02015-6.
- Luhmann, J. G.; Johnson, R. E.; Zhang, M. H. G. Evolutionary impact of sputtering of the Martian atmosphere by O+ pickup ions. [[地球物理研究通訊|]]. 1992, 19 (21): 2151–2154. Bibcode:1992GeoRL..19.2151L. doi:10.1029/92GL02485.
- Quirin Shlermeler. Solar wind hammers the ozone layer. News@nature. 3 March 2005. doi:10.1038/news050228-12.
- Adams, Fred C. Long-term astrophysicial processes. (编) Bostrom, Nick; Cirkovic, Milan M. Global Catastrophic Risks. Oxford University Press. 2008: 33–47.
- Neron de Surgey, O.; Laskar, J. On the Long Term Evolution of the Spin of the Earth. Astronomy and Astrophysics. 1996, 318: 975. Bibcode:1997A&A...318..975N.
- Study: Earth May Collide With Another Planet. [[福斯新聞頻道|]]. 11 June 2009 [8 September 2011].
- Guinan, E. F.; Ribas, I., Our Changing Sun: The Role of Solar Nuclear Evolution and Magnetic Activity on Earth's Atmosphere and Climate, (编) Montesinos, Benjamin; Gimenez, Alvaro; Guinan, Edward F., ASP Conference Proceedings, The Evolving Sun and its Influence on Planetary Environments, Astronomical Society of the Pacific: 85–106, 2002, Bibcode:2002ASPC..269...85G
- Li, King-Fai; Pahlevan, Kaveh; Kirschvink, Joseph L.; Yung, Yuk L., Atmospheric pressure as a natural climate regulator for a terrestrial planet with a biosphere, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, June 16, 2009, 106 (24): 9576–9579, Bibcode:2009PNAS..106.9576L, PMC 2701016, PMID 19487662, doi:10.1073/pnas.0809436106
- Brownlee 2010, p. 95.
- Kasting, J. F., Runaway and moist greenhouse atmospheres and the evolution of earth and Venus, Icarus, June 1988, 74 (3): 472–494, Bibcode:1988Icar...74..472K, PMID 11538226, doi:10.1016/0019-1035(88)90116-9
- Hecht, Jeff. Science: Fiery Future for Planet Earth. New Scientist (1919). 2 April 1994: 14 [29 October 2007].
- Chyba, C. F.; Jankowski, D. G.; Nicholson, P. D. Tidal Evolution in the Neptune-Triton System. [[天文与天体物理学报|]]. 1989, 219: 23. Bibcode:1989A&A...219L..23C.
- Cox, J. T.; Loeb, Abraham. The Collision Between The Milky Way And Andromeda. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society. 2007, 386 (1): 461–474. Bibcode:2008MNRAS.tmp..333C. arXiv:0705.1170. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2966.2008.13048.x.
- NASA. NASA's Hubble Shows Milky Way is Destined for Head-On Collision. NASA. 2012-05-31 [2012-10-13].
- Dowd, Maureen. Andromeda Is Coming!. New York Times. 29 May 2012 [9 January 2014].
[NASA's David Morrison] explained that the [[仙女座星系-银河系的碰撞|]] would just be two great big fuzzy balls of stars and mostly empty space passing through each other harmlessly over the course of millions of years.
- Braine, J.; Lisenfeld, U.; Duc, P. A.; 等. Colliding molecular clouds in head-on galaxy collisions. Astronomy and Astrophysics. 2004, 418 (2): 419–428 [2 April 2008]. Bibcode:2004A&A...418..419B. arXiv:astro-ph/0402148. doi:10.1051/0004-6361:20035732. （原始内容存档于9 December 2008）.
- Schroder, K. P.; Connon Smith, Robert. Distant Future of the Sun and Earth Revisited. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society. 2008, 386 (1): 155–163. Bibcode:2008MNRAS.386..155S. arXiv:0801.4031. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2966.2008.13022.x.
- Powell, David, Earth's Moon Destined to Disintegrate, Space.com (Tech Media Network), January 22, 2007 [2010-06-01].
- Rybicki, K. R.; Denis, C. On the Final Destiny of the Earth and the Solar System. Icarus. 2001, 151 (1): 130–137. Bibcode:2001Icar..151..130R. doi:10.1006/icar.2001.6591.
- Lorenz, Ralph D.; Lunine, Jonathan I.; McKay, Christopher P. Titan under a red giant sun: A new kind of "habitable" moon (PDF). Geophysical Research Letters. 1997, 24 (22): 2905–8 [21 March 2008]. Bibcode:1997GeoRL..24.2905L. PMID 11542268. doi:10.1029/97GL52843.
- Balick, Bruce. Planetary Nebulae and the Future of the Solar System. University of Washington. [23 June 2006].
- Kalirai, Jasonjot S.; 等. The Initial-Final Mass Relation: Direct Constraints at the Low-Mass End. The Astrophysical Journal. March 2008, 676 (1): 594–609. Bibcode:2008ApJ...676..594K. arXiv:0706.3894. doi:10.1086/527028.
- Universe May End in a Big Rip. CERN Courier. 1 May 2003 [22 July 2011].
- Vikhlinin, A.; Kravtsov, A.V.; Burenin, R.A.; 等. Chandra Cluster Cosmology Project III: Cosmological Parameter Constraints. The Astrophysical Journal ([[天文物理期刊|]]). 2009, 692 (2): 1060–1074. Bibcode:2009ApJ...692.1060V. arXiv:0812.2720. doi:10.1088/0004-637X/692/2/1060.
- Murray, C.D. & Dermott, S.F. Solar System Dynamics. [[劍橋大學出版社|]]. 1999: 184. ISBN 978-0-521-57295-8.
- Dickinson, Terence. From the Big Bang to Planet X. Camden East, Ontario: Camden House. 1993: 79–81. ISBN 978-0-921820-71-0.
- Canup, Robin M.; Righter, Kevin. Origin of the Earth and Moon. The University of Arizona space science series 30. University of Arizona Press. 2000: 176–177. ISBN 978-0-8165-2073-2.
- Loeb, Abraham. Cosmology with Hypervelocity Stars. Harvard University. 2011, 2011: 023. Bibcode:2011JCAP...04..023L. arXiv:1102.0007. doi:10.1088/1475-7516/2011/04/023.
- Chown, Marcus. Afterglow of Creation. University Science Books. 1996: 210.
- The Local Group of Galaxies. University of Arizona. Students for the Exploration and Development of Space. [2 October 2009].
- Adams, F. C.; Graves, G. J. M.; Laughlin, G. García-Segura, G.; Tenorio-Tagle, G.; Franco, J.; Yorke, H. W., 编. Gravitational Collapse: From Massive Stars to Planets. / First Astrophysics meeting of the Observatorio Astronomico Nacional. / A meeting to celebrate Peter Bodenheimer for his outstanding contributions to Astrophysics: Red Dwarfs and the End of the Main Sequence. Revista Mexicana de Astronomía y Astrofísica (Serie de Conferencias). December 2004, 22: 46–49. Bibcode:2004RMxAC..22...46A. See Fig. 3.
- Fred C. Adams; Gregory Laughlin; Genevieve J. M. Graves. RED Dwarfs and the End of The Main Sequence (PDF). RevMexAA (Serie de Conferencias). 2004, 22: 46–49.
- Why the Smallest Stars Stay Small. Sky & Telescope. November 1997, (22).
- Adams, F. C.; P. Bodenheimer; G. Laughlin. M dwarfs: planet formation and long term evolution. Astronomische Nachrichten. 2005, 326 (10): 913–919. Bibcode:2005AN....326..913A. doi:10.1002/asna.200510440.
- Tayler, Roger John. Galaxies, Structure and Evolution 2. Cambridge University Press. 1993: 92. ISBN 978-0-521-36710-3.
- Barrow, John D.; Tipler, Frank J. The Anthropic Cosmological Principle. foreword by John A. Wheeler. Oxford: Oxford University Press. 19 May 1988 [31 December 2009]. ISBN 978-0-19-282147-8. LC 87-28148.
- Adams, Fred; Laughlin, Greg. The Five Ages of the Universe. New York: The Free Press. 1999: 85–87. ISBN 978-0-684-85422-9.
- Dyson, Freeman J. Time Without End: Physics and Biology in an Open Universe. Reviews of Modern Physics. 1979, 51 (3): 447–460 [5 July 2008]. Bibcode:1979RvMP...51..447D. doi:10.1103/RevModPhys.51.447.
Nishino, Super-K Collaboration, 等. Search for Proton Decay via p+
in a Large Water Cherenkov Detector. [[物理评论快报|]]. 2009, 102 (14): 141801. Bibcode:2009PhRvL.102n1801N. PMID 19392425. arXiv:0903.0676. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.102.141801.
- Tyson, Neil de Grasse; Tsun-Chu Liu, Charles; Irion, Robert. One Universe: At Home in the Cosmos. Joseph Henry Press. 2000. ISBN 978-0-309-06488-0.
- Page, Don N. Particle Emission Rates from a Black Hole: Massless Particles from an Uncharged, Nonrotating Hole. Physical Review D. 1976, 13 (2): 198–206. Bibcode:1976PhRvD..13..198P. doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.13.198. See in particular equation (27).
- Carroll, Sean M.; Chen, Jennifer. Spontaneous Inflation and the Origin of the Arrow of Time. 27 Oct 2004. arXiv:hep-th/0410270.
- Tegmark, M. Parallel universes. Not just a staple of science fiction, other universes are a direct implication of cosmological observations. Sci. Am. May 2003, 288 (5): 40–51. Bibcode:2003SciAm.288e..40T. PMID 12701329. arXiv:astro-ph/0302131. doi:10.1038/scientificamerican0503-40.
- Max Tegmark. Parallel Universes. In "Science and Ultimate Reality: from Quantum to Cosmos", honoring John Wheeler's 90th birthday. J. D. Barrow, P.C.W. Davies, & C.L. Harper eds. (Cambridge University Press). 2003, 288: 40–51. Bibcode:2003SciAm.288e..40T. PMID 12701329. arXiv:astro-ph/0302131. doi:10.1038/scientificamerican0503-40.
- M. Douglas, "The statistics of string / M theory vacua", JHEP 0305, 46 (2003). arXiv:hep-th/0303194; S. Ashok and M. Douglas, "Counting flux vacua", JHEP 0401, 060 (2004).
- Smith, Cameron; Davies, Evan T. Emigrating Beyond Earth: Human Adaptation and Space Colonization. Springer. 2012: 258.
- Klein, Jan; Takahata, Naoyuki. Where Do We Come From?: The Molecular Evidence for Human Descent. Springer. 2002: 395.
- Carter, Brandon; McCrea, W. H. The anthropic principle and its implications for biological evolution. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. 1983, A310 (1512): 347–363. Bibcode:1983RSPTA.310..347C. doi:10.1098/rsta.1983.0096.
- Greenberg, Joseph. Language in the Americas. Stanford University Press. 1987: 341–342.
- McKay, Christopher P.; Toon, Owen B.; Kasting, James F. Making Mars habitable. Nature. 8 August 1991, 352 (6335): 489–496. Bibcode:1991Natur.352..489M. doi:10.1038/352489a0.
- Kaku, Michio. The Physics of Interstellar Travel: To one day, reach the stars. mkaku.org. 2010 [29 August 2010].
- Avise, John; D. Walker; G. C. Johns. Speciation durations and Pleistocene effects on vertebrate phylogeography (PDF). Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B. 1998-09-22, 265 (1407): 1707–1712. PMC 1689361. PMID 9787467. doi:10.1098/rspb.1998.0492.
- Valentine, James W. The Origins of Evolutionary Novelty And Galactic Colonization. (编) Finney, Ben R.; Jones, Eric M. Interstellar Migration and the Human Experience. University of California Press. 1985: 274.
- J. Richard Gott, III. Implications of the Copernican principle for our future prospects. Nature. 1993, 363 (6427): 315–319. Bibcode:1993Natur.363..315G. doi:10.1038/363315a0.
- Crawford, I. A. Where are They? Maybe we are alone in the galaxy after all. Scientific American. July 2000 [20 July 2012].
- Bignami, Giovanni F.; Sommariva, Andrea. A Scenario for Interstellar Exploration and Its Financing. Springer. 2013: 23.
- Korycansky, D. G.; Laughlin, Gregory; Adams, Fred C. Astronomical engineering: a strategy for modifying planetary orbits. Astrophysics and Space Science. 2001, 275: 349–366. doi:10.1023/A:1002790227314. Astrophys.Space Sci.275:349-366,2001.
- Korycansky, D. G. Astroengineering, or how to save the Earth in only one billion years (PDF). Revista Mexicana de Astronomía y Astrofísica. 2004, 22: 117–120.
- Hurtling Through the Void. Time. 20 June 1983 [5 September 2011].
- Glancey, Jonathan. Concorde: The Rise and Fall of the Supersonic Airliner. Atlantic Books, Limited. 2015-10-01. ISBN 9781782391081.
- Cornell News: "It's the 25th Anniversary of Earth's First (and only) Attempt to Phone E.T.". Cornell University. 12 November 1999 [29 March 2008]. （原始内容存档于2 August 2008）.
- Dave Deamer. In regard to the email from. Science 2.0. [2014-11-14].
- Pioneer 10 Spacecraft Nears 25TH Anniversary, End of Mission. nasa.gov. [2013-12-22].
- SPACE FLIGHT 2003 – United States Space Activities. nasa.gov. [2013-12-22].
- Voyager: The Interstellar Mission. NASA. [5 September 2011].
- KEO FAQ. keo.org. [14 October 2011].
- Lasher, Lawrence. Pioneer Mission Status. NASA. Archived from the original on 8 April 2000.
[Pioneer's speed is] about 12 km/s... [the plate etching] should survive recognizable at least to a distance ~ 10 parsecs, and most probably to 100 parsecs.
- The Pioneer Missions. NASA. [5 September 2011].
- LAGEOS 1, 2. NASA. [21 July 2012].
- Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich. Carl Sagan And Ann Druyan's Ultimate Mix Tape (Radio). National Public Radio. 12 February 2010.
- The Long Now Foundation. The Long Now Foundation. 2011 [21 September 2011].
- A Visit To The Doomsday Vault. CBS News. 20 March 2008.
- Memory of Mankind. （原始内容存档于23 January 2015）.
- Human Document Project 2014.
- Begtrup, G. E.; Gannett, W.; Yuzvinsky, T. D.; Crespi, V. H.; 等. Nanoscale Reversible Mass Transport for Archival Memory (PDF). Nano Letters. 13 May 2009, 9 (5): 1835–1838. Bibcode:2009NanoL...9.1835B. PMID 19400579. doi:10.1021/nl803800c. （原始内容 (PDF)存档于22 June 2010）.
- Zhang, J.; Gecevičius, M.; Beresna, M.; Kazansky, P. G. Seemingly unlimited lifetime data storage in nanostructured glass (PDF). Phys. Rev. Lett. 2014, 112: 033901. Bibcode:2014PhRvL.112c3901Z. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.112.033901.
- Zhang, J.; Gecevičius, M.; Beresna, M.; Kazansky, P. G. 5D Data Storage by Ultrafast Laser Nanostructuring in Glass (PDF). CLEO: Science and Innovations (Optical Society of America). June 2013: CTh5D–9. （原始内容 (PDF)存档于6 September 2014）. 已忽略未知参数
- Tetrafluoromethane. Toxicology Data Network (TOXNET). United States National Library of Medicine. [4 September 2014].
- Time it takes for garbage to decompose in the environment (PDF). New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services.
- Lyle, Paul. Between Rocks And Hard Places: Discovering Ireland's Northern Landscapes. Geological Survey of Northern Ireland. 2010.
- Weisman, Alan, The World Without Us, New York: Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin's Press: 171–172, 2007-07-10, ISBN 0-312-34729-4, OCLC 122261590
- Apollo 11 -- First Footprint on the Moon. Student Features. NASA.
- Meadows, A. J. The Future of the Universe. Springer. 2007: 81–83.
- Weisman, Alan, The World Without Us, New York: Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin's Press: 182, 2007-07-10, ISBN 0-312-34729-4, OCLC 122261590
- Zalasiewicz, Jan, The Earth After Us: What legacy will humans leave in the rocks?, Oxford University Press, 2008-09-25, Review in Stanford Archaeolog
- Meeus, J. & Vitagliano, A. Simultaneous Transits (PDF). Journal of the British Astronomical Association. 2004, 114 (3) [2 August 2016].。
Why is Polaris the North Star?. [[美国国家航空航天局|]]. [10 April 2011]. （原始内容存档于25 July 2011）. 无效
- Plait, Phil. Bad Astronomy: Misconceptions and Misuses Revealed, from Astrology to the Moon Landing "Hoax". John Wiley and Sons. 2002: 55–56.
- Falkner, David E. The Mythology of the Night Sky. Springer. 2011: 116.
- Calculation by the Stellarium application version 0.10.2, [2009-07-28]
- Kieron Taylor. Precession. Sheffield Astronomical Society. 1 March 1994 [2013-08-06].
- Falkner, David E. The Mythology of the Night Sky. Springer. 2011: 102.
- Komzsik, Louis. Wheels in the Sky: Keep on Turning. Trafford Publishing. 2010: 140.
- Laskar, J.; 等. Orbital, Precessional, and Insolation Quantities for the Earth From ?20 Myr to +10 Myr. Astronomy and Astrophysics. 1993, 270: 522–533. Bibcode:1993A&A...270..522L.
- Laskar; 等. Astronomical Solutions for Earth Paleoclimates. Institut de mécanique céleste et de calcul des éphémérides. [20 July 2012].
- Aldo Vitagliano. The Solex page. University degli Studi di Napoli Federico II. 2011 [20 July 2012]. （原始内容存档于29 April 2009）.
- James, N.D. Comet C/1996 B2 (Hyakutake): The Great Comet of 1996. Journal of the British Astronomical Association. 1998, 108: 157. Bibcode:1998JBAA..108..157J.
- Horizons output. Barycentric Osculating Orbital Elements for Comet C/1999 F1 (Catalina). [2011-03-07].
- Borkowski, K.M. The Tropical Calendar and Solar Year. J. Royal Astronomical Soc. of Canada. 1991, 85 (3): 121–130. Bibcode:1991JRASC..85..121B.
- Bromberg, Irv. The Rectified Hebrew Calendar.
- Strous, Louis. Astronomy Answers: Modern Calendars. [[乌特勒支大学|]]. 2010 [14 September 2011].
- Richards, Edward Graham. Mapping time: the calendar and its history. Oxford University Press. 1998: 93.
- Julian Date Converter. US Naval Observatory. [20 July 2012].
- Permanent Markers Implementation Plan (PDF). [[美國能源部|]]. August 30, 2004. （原始内容存档 (PDF)于28 September 2006）.
- Time: Disasters that Shook the World. New York City: Time Home Entertainment. 2012. ISBN 1-60320-247-1.
- Fetter, Steve. How long will the world's uranium supplies last?. March 2009.
- Biello, David. Spent Nuclear Fuel: A Trash Heap Deadly for 250,000 Years or a Renewable Energy Source?. Scientific American. January 28, 2009.
- Ongena, J; G. Van Oost. Energy for future centuries - Will fusion be an inexhaustible, safe and clean energy source? (PDF). Fusion Science and Technology. 2004: 3–14.
- Cohen, Bernard L. Breeder Reactors: A Renewable Energy Source (PDF). American Journal of Physics. January 1983, 51 (1): 75. Bibcode:2005BGD.....2.1665F. doi:10.1119/1.13440.
- Adams, Fred C., Long term astrophysical processes, (编) Bostrom, Nick; Ćirković, Milan M., Global catastrophic risks, Oxford University Press, 2008, ISBN 0-19-857050-3.
- Brownlee, Donald E., Planetary habitability on astronomical time scales, (编) Schrijver, Carolus J.; Siscoe, George L., Heliophysics: Evolving Solar Activity and the Climates of Space and Earth, Cambridge University Press, 2010, ISBN 0-521-11294-X.