The Evil wizard Sordid is brought back to life when a magic-book of his is set ablaze and thrown into the middle of a chalkboard pentagram by the father of Runt, a young boy wanting to become a mighty sorcerer. Sordid promises him that he can become his apprentice if he helps him exact his vengeance on Simon.
Several months later, Sordid's Fortress of Doom is reconstructed and Sordid has a new robotic body. He sends a magical wardrobe to fetch Simon but it accidentally ends up on the doorstep of Calypso, the wizard Simon had to save in the last game. Simon then starts to look for a fuel called mucusade which he needs to power the wardrobe in order to get home.
The PC sequel was released in a large black box and, like the original, the copy-protected floppy disk version required the manual to be able to play the game. Unlike the disk version, the CD-ROM was not copy-protected, its colour manual fit in the front of the jewel case and also included the full "talkie" soundtrack. For this second installment in the series, Brian Bowles became the voice of Simon, making him sound much older, presumably in his late-teens.
The Amiga version was originally scheduled for release alongside the PC version in 1995, but was cancelled, possibly because of the decline of the Amiga market. The rights for the Amiga release were eventually secured by Epic Interactive Entertainment (now RuneSoft) in 1999, who released it on CD in July 2000 in a DVD-style case[來源請求].
The 25th Anniversary Edition was developed by MojoTouch and released on Google Play and Amazon Appstore. in 2013 (then called "20th Anniversary Edition") and on the App Store (iOS), Steam and GOG.com in 2018. This edition includes new hotspot-based controls, new high-definition menus with a save/load system and different settings, improved graphics upscaling (xBRZ filter), full voice acting with subtitles, multi-language support and some bonus material.
The game has sold over 600,000 copies worldwide.
- Blueprint - Simon the Sorcerer II. PC Zone. No. 20 (Dennis Publishing). November 1994: 52.
- ACG meets Mike Woodroffe. Amiga CD32 Gamer. No. 12 (Paragon Publishing). May 1995: 17.
- Simon the Sorcerer 2: 25th Anniversary Edition. GOG.com.
- Simon the Sorcerer - Mucusade - Apps on Google Play. play.google.com.
- Amazon.com: Simon the Sorcerer 2: 20th Anniversary Edition: Appstore for Android. www.amazon.com.
- Simon the Sorcerer - Mucusade on the App Store. App Store.
- Simon the Sorcerer 2: 25th Anniversary Edition on Steam. store.steampowered.com.
- Simon the Sorcerer II: The Lion, The Wizard and The Wardrobe - PC. GameRankings. [19 November 2013]. （原始内容存档于15 April 2008）. 已忽略未知参数
- Simon the Sorcerer 2 review from Datormagazin Vol 1995 No 13 (Oct 1995) - Amiga Magazine Rack (13): 60, 61. October 1995 [19 November 2013]. （原始内容存档于11 January 2016）. 已忽略未知参数
- Simon the Sorcerer 2 review from Amiga Active 17 (Feb 2001) - Amiga Magazine Rack (17): 53–55. February 2001 [19 November 2013]. （原始内容存档于11 January 2016）. 已忽略未知参数
- Zoltán Ormándi. Simon the Sorcerer II - The Lion, the Wizard and the Wardrobe. Adventure Classic Gaming. 22 September 1999 [18 June 2018].
- AG Staff. Top 100 All-Time Adventure Games. Adventure Gamers. December 30, 2011. （原始内容存档于June 4, 2012）. 已忽略未知参数
- Simon the Sorcerer II at RuneSoft. [2009-04-30]. （原始内容存档于2012-04-01）. 已忽略未知参数
[[Category:1995年电子游戏]] [[Category:冒險遊戲]] [[Category:Amiga遊戲]] [[Category:Amiga 1200 games]] [[Category:DOS遊戲]] [[Category:IOS遊戲]] [[Category:Mac OS遊戲]] [[Category:指向與點擊式冒險遊戲]] [[Category:ScummVM supported games]] [[Category:Simon the Sorcerer]] [[Category:英國開發電子遊戲]] [[Category:Games commercially released with DOSBox]] [[Category:平行世界题材游戏]] [[Category:Windows游戏]] [[Category:后传电子游戏]] [[Category:单人电子游戏]]