- 条目索引 — 各主题主条目
- Outlines — subject summaries, with a dual purpose:
- Ease of discovery – 大纲显示哪些属于同一主题及其原因
- Access to articles – outlines serve as tables of contents of Wikipedia
- 学科列表 — 大学中学习的主题
- Lists — of related items
- 列表索引 – A broad single-page collection of lists of lists
- 分类:列表 – Browse lists comprehensively via the multi-page Wikipedia category system
Two of the broadest list collections are:
- 年表列表 — list articles chronologically.
- 历史上的今天 — e.g. events on January 1 of any year
- 2018年 — major events this year
- Portal:新闻动态 — featured current events and related project activities
- 2018年逝世人物列表 — lists notable people who died not long ago
- 分类:圖形時間線 — graphical timelines in the category and subcategories, arranged alphabetically
特色内容 is the best Wikipedia has to offer, via vigorous 同行评审. Presented by type:
The 维基简讯/存档, a community-written and community-edited newspaper, covering stories, events and reports related to Wikipedia, its sister projects, and the Wikimedia Foundation.
Growing collections of Wikipedia articles are available as spoken word recordings.
Wikipedia books are collections of Wikipedia articles that can be viewed, downloaded, or printed into a book. They provide a roadmap for a course of study in a particular subject.
A portal introduces the reader to a subject by presenting images, categories and excerpts of key articles. Portals also guide editing by providing to-do lists.
Wikipedia's category system is generated from category tags at the bottom of articles and other pages. The top-level pages are:
- Categories — an index of major categories, arranged by subject (because this page is crafted by hand, it is an exception to the category autogeneration rule)
- Category:条目 — the category in which all article category systems are located
- Category:分类 — pages and categories which themselves specifically relate to categories
- Category:页面分类 — the highest level or "root" category in Wikipedia — its subcategories contain various types of encyclopedic content, content that assists with the navigation of the encyclopedia, as well as pages related to the maintenance of the encyclopedia — its autogenerated entries are listed at the bottom of the page
- Category:总类 — the category containing the most fundamental ontological categories, such that every article category system can reasonably be expected to be within it
Wikipedia's other broad categorical indexes are:
Glossaries are lists of terms with definitions.