- Benedetto, Robert; McKim, Donald K. Historical Dictionary of the Reformed Churches. Scarecrow Press. 6 October 2009: 353. ISBN 9780810870239.
Most of the organization's lodges are located in Northern Ireland, England, and Scotland, although others can be found throughout the British Commonwealth, including Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Africa. The lodges of every country are independent, but the Orange Order meets in a triennial world council.
- Welcome to the Grand Orange Lodge. Orange Order. [15 May 2013].
We are a Protestant fraternity with members throughout the world. Autonomous Grand Lodges are found in Scotland, England, the United States of America, West Africa, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
- Unionist Forum statement. Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland. 9 January 2013. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- Twelfth Resolutions 2013. Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- "Scottish independence: Orange Lodge registers to campaign for a 'No' vote". BBC News. 25 June 2014. Retrieved 12 July 2014.