克里斯蒂娜·罗塞蒂（英语：Christina Georgina Rossetti）（1830年12月5日－1894年12月29日），英国诗人，因其长诗《精靈市場》与圣诞歌《In the Bleak Midwinter 页面存档备份，存于互联网档案馆》而闻名。
The Milking-Maid (擠奶女僕)
The year stood at its equinox,
And bluff the North was blowing.
A bleat of lambs came from the flocks,
Green hardy things were growing.
I met a maid with shining locks,
Where milky kine were lowing.
She wore a kerchief on her neck,
Her bare arm showed its dimple.
Her apron spread without a speck,
Her air was frank and simple.
She milked into a wooden pail,
And sang a country ditty -
An innocent fond lovers' tale,
That was not wise nor witty.
She kept in time without a beat,
As true as church-bell ringers,
Unless she tapped time with her feet,
Or squeezed it with her fingers.
I stood a minute out of sight,
Stood silent for a minute,
To eye the pail, and creamy white
The frothing milk within it.
To eye the comely milking maid,
Herself so fresh and creamy.
“Good day to you!” at last I said,
She turned her head to see me.
“Good day!” she said with lifted head,
Her eyes looked soft and dreamy.
And all the while she milked and milked
The grave cow heavy-laden.
I've seen grand ladies, plumed and silked,
But not a sweeter maiden.
But not a sweeter fresher maid
Than this in homely cotton,
Whose pleasant face and silky braid
I have not yet forgotten.
Perhaps my rose is overblown,
Not rosy or too rosy.
Perhaps in farmhouse of her own
Some husband keeps her cosy.
Where I should show a face unknown? -
Good bye, my wayside posy!
(摘自克里斯蒂娜·乔治娜·罗塞蒂的诗 "The Milking-Maid" ("擠奶女僕"))
- Kathleen Jones. Christina Rossetti: Learning Not To First.
- Clifford, David and Roussillon, Laurence. Outsiders Looking In: The Rossettis Then and Now. London: Anthem, 2004.
- Jones, Kathleen. Learning Not to be First: A Biography of Christina Rossetti. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991.
- Marsh, Jan. Introduction. Poems and Prose. By Christina Rossetti. London: Everyman, 1994. xvii – xxxiii.
- Marsh, Jan. Christina Rossetti: A Writer's Life. New York: Viking, 1994.
- Maura Ives, Christina Rossetti A Descriptive Bibliography
- ^ A Gallery of English and American Women Famous in Song (1875), J.M. Stoddart & Company, p. 205.