- ^ Stull, B. R., 1988 An introduction to Boundary Layer Meteorology, Kluwert Academic Publishers 666 pp.
- ^ doi:10.1038/nclimate1866
- ^ Rising carbon dioxide means more air turbulence April 8, 2013 Vol.183 #9 Science News
- ^ Climate Change Could Equal Teeth-Rattling Flights April 08, 2013 NPR
- ^ Warming Planet Means Bumpier Flights; "Climate models and turbulence algorithms forecast that, by mid-century, clear-air turbulence will be more violent and transatlantic flights will hit it twice as often" April 8, 2013 Scientific American
- ^ Transatlantic flights 'to get more turbulent 8 April 2013 BBC