- Stull, B. R., 1988 An introduction to Boundary Layer Meteorology, Kluwert Academic Publishers 666 pp.
- Rising carbon dioxide means more air turbulence April 8, 2013 Vol.183 #9 Science News
- Climate Change Could Equal Teeth-Rattling Flights April 08, 2013 NPR
- Warming Planet Means Bumpier Flights; "Climate models and turbulence algorithms forecast that, by mid-century, clear-air turbulence will be more violent and transatlantic flights will hit it twice as often" April 8, 2013 Scientific American
- Transatlantic flights 'to get more turbulent 8 April 2013 BBC