This climatic region is typified by large seasonal temperature differences, with warm to hot (and often humid) summers and cold (sometimes severely cold) winters. According to the 柯本气候分类法 system, Whitefish has a 温带大陆性湿润气候, abbreviated "Dfb" on climate maps.
Montana Cities/Towns: 1890-2000
As of the 人口普查 of 2000, there were 5,032 people, 2,229 households, and 1,203 families residing in the city. The 人口密度 was 1,138.5 people per square mile (439.6/km²). There were 2,652 housing units at an average density of 600.0 per square mile (231.7/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 95.97% White, 0.14% African American, 1.11% Native American, 0.58% Asian, 0.06% Pacific Islander, 0.72% from other races, and 1.43% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.93% of the population.
There were 2,229 households out of which 26.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 41.2% were married couples living together, 9.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 46.0% were non-families. 34.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.20 and the average family size was 2.86.
In the city the population was spread out with 21.6% under the age of 18, 8.6% from 18 to 24, 32.9% from 25 to 44, 22.5% from 45 to 64, and 14.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 92.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.7 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $33,038, and the median income for a family was $41,009. Males had a median income of $36,298 versus $19,583 for females. The 演員 for the city was $24,098. About 13.8% of families and 18.2% of the population were below the 貧窮門檻, including 32.9% of those under age 18 and 12.7% of those age 65 or over.
As of the 人口普查 of 2010, there were 6,357 people, 2,982 households, and 1,562 families residing in the city. The 人口密度 was 988.6名居民每平方英里（381.7名居民每平方公里）. There were 4,086 housing units at an average density of 635.5每平方英里（245.4每平方公里）. The racial makeup of the city was 95.8% White, 0.5% African American, 0.8% Native American, 0.8% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 0.3% from other races, and 1.7% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.8% of the population.
There were 2,982 households of which 24.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 40.1% were married couples living together, 8.5% had a female householder with no husband present, 3.8% had a male householder with no wife present, and 47.6% were non-families. 36.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.10 and the average family size was 2.77.
The median age in the city was 40.1 years. 19.6% of residents were under the age of 18; 7.1% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 30.2% were from 25 to 44; 28.9% were from 45 to 64; and 14.3% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 50.3% male and 49.7% female.
Arts and culture[编辑]
Annual cultural events[编辑]
Huckleberry Days Arts Festival is an annual arts festival featuring 100 artists and food vendors The event includes a huckleberry dessert bake-off contest.
The Taste of Whitefish is an annual event that has been held for more than twenty-five years. The event features over twenty-five restaurants, caterers and beverage companies offering samples of their specialties.
The World Indoor Golf Championships has been held in Whitefish for over sixteen years and is a 9-hole “miniature golf” tournament in downtown Whitefish.
Museums and other points of interest[编辑]
- Whitefish Mountain Resort
- Stumptown Museum
- Great Northern Brewing Company
- Alpine Theatre Project
- Whitefish Theatre Company
Whitefish is served by the Whitefish School District. Schools in the district include Muldown Elementary School, Whitefish Middle School. Whitefish High School and Whitefish Independent High School. Whitefish High School is home to numerous state championship teams; the most recent is the girls' cross country team. They have won four consecutive titles.[來源請求]
- KERR 750, Anderson Radio Broadcasting, Inc.
- KJJR 880, Bee Broadcasting, Inc.
- KOFI 1180, KOFI, Inc.
- KSAM 1240, Bee Broadcasting, Inc.
- KQJZ 1340, Anderson Radio Broadcasting, Inc.
- KUKL-FM 91.7, 蒙大拿大學
- KQRK 92.3, Anderson Radio Broadcasting, Inc.
- KHNK 95.9, Bee Broadcasting, Inc.
- KALS 97.1, Kalispell Christian Radio Fellowship
- KBBZ 98.5, Bee Broadcasting, Inc.
- KKMT 99.7, Anderson Radio Broadcasting, Inc.
- KIBG 100.7, Anderson Radio Broadcasting, Inc.
- KXZI-LP 101.9, Scott Johnston
- KANB-LP 102.3, Flathead Adventist Radio
- KRVO 103.1, Bee Broadcasting, Inc.
- KQJZ 103.5, Anderson Radio Broadcasting, Inc.
- KZMN 103.9, KOFI, Inc.
- KWOL-FM 105.1, Bee Broadcasting, Inc.
- KDBR 106.3, Bee Broadcasting, Inc.
- KCFW (全国广播公司), Channel 9
- KAJJ-CD (CBS (電視網)), Channel 39
- K26DD-D (TBN), Channel 26
- K29AA-D (PBS), Channel 29
- KEXI-LD (PBS), Channel 35
- KCFW-DT (全国广播公司), Channel 38
- KTMF-LD (ABC), Channel 42
- Bob Brown, Secretary of State of Montana
- Murray Craven, former 國家冰球聯盟 hockey player
- Dennis Cross (1924–1991), 演員
- David Graham：已退役的职业高尔夫球手
- Sierra Fellers, professional skateboarder, born in Whitefish
- Steve Howe, former 美國職棒大聯盟 pitcher
- Kyle Huff, perpetrator of the Capitol Hill Massacre
- Dorothy M. Johnson, Western author
- Tim Kasher, indie rock musician/frontman for Cursive and The Good Life, during the recording of The Game of Monogamy in 2010
- Ross M. Lence, political scientist and author
- Frank B. Morrison, Jr.：蒙大拿州最高法院法官
- John Morrison, Montana state auditor
- Terry Moulton：威斯康星州政治人物
- Brian Schweitzer：蒙大拿州州长
- Constance Towers：歌手及演员
- Maggie Voisin, Freestyle skier
- ^ Census of Population and Housing. U.S. Census Bureau. [November 18, 2011].
- ^ area history WHITEFISH Montana. Great NW Montana Promotions, LLC. [October 27, 2012].
- ^ Profile for Whitefish, Montana, MT. ePodunk. [October 27, 2012].
- ^ Amtrak Fact Sheet, Fiscal Year 2006, State of Montana (PDF). Amtrak. [2007-09-20].
- ^ US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990. 美国人口调查局. 2011-02-12 [2011-04-23].
- ^ USGS GNIS: 怀特菲什 (蒙大拿州)
- ^ US Gazetteer files 2010. 美国人口调查局. [2012-12-18].
- ^ Climate Summary for Whitefish, Montana
- ^ Moffatt, Riley. Population History of Western U.S. Cities & Towns, 1850-1990. Lanham: Scarecrow, 1996, 136.
- ^ U.S. Decennial Census
- ^ POPULATION OF INCORPORATED PLACES* (CITIES/TOWNS) IN MONTANA, 1890 TO 2000
- ^ American FactFinder. 美国人口调查局. [2008-01-31].
- ^ American FactFinder. 美国人口调查局. [2012-12-18].
- ^ Whitefish Chamber of Commerce. Whitefish Chamber of Commerce. [October 27, 2012].
- ^ Taste of Whitefis. Whitefish Chamber of Commerce. [October 27, 2012].
- ^ Taste of Whitefish. All Trips. [October 27, 2012].
- ^ World Indoor Golf Championships. Whitefish Chamber of Commerce. [October 27, 2012].
- ^ Whitefish School District. Whitefish School District. [October 27, 2012].
- ^ Dennis Cross. IMDb. [October 27, 2012].
- ^ Sierra Fellers. ESPN Sports. [October 27, 2012].
- ^ 引用错误：没有为名为
- Whitefish Chamber of Commerce
- Official 怀特菲什旅游信息
- 开放式目录计划中的怀特菲什 (蒙大拿州)相关内容
- ePodunk: Profile for Whitefish, Montana
- Whitefish Free Press