因為網路授課的需求劇增，教育者、授課設計者了解CSCL 的利益與限制是很重要的。就像很多教育活動，CSCL 活動也很難去評估它的效率、效果。早期的努力著重在電腦中介溝通可能有害的效果，但忽略了電腦中介溝通潛在的利益。歷史上，科技創新在傳統課堂教室上，缺少足夠的證據，可以證明科技創新可以增強學習。
- Educational psychology
- Fle3 - Future Learning Environment - web-based learning environment for computer supported collaborative learning.
- CoFFEE - Face to Face and computer mediated collaborative learning in the classroom.
- Opportunistic collaboration
- Group cognition
- An introduction to CSCL is available in several languages: Stahl, G., Koschmann, T., & Suthers, D. (2006). "Computer-supported collaborative learning: An historical perspective". In R. K. Sawyer (Ed.), Cambridge handbook of the learning sciences (pp. 409-426). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. In English[失效連結], simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Romanian.
- International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (ijCSCL) is a peer-reviewed international journal of CSCL. It is published by Springer electronically and in print. Pre-publication versions of all articles are available for free at this site.
- The International Society for the Learning Sciences (ISLS) is a professional society. It sponsors bi-annual conferences on CSCL and on the Learning Sciences. It also sponsors the ijCSCL journal and the Journal of the Learning Sciences. Subscription to these journals is included in ISLS membership.
- The Laboratory for Interactive Learning Technologies is a computer supported collaborative learning laboratory at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. "LILT pursues a diverse portfolio of cognitive science, human-computer interaction, and social science approaches to technology-supported learning."
- The Online Collaborative Learning in Higher Education web site contains links to articles, books, conferences, and other resources related to CSCL.
- Gerry Stahl's CSCL web page contains links to articles, books, conferences, and other resources related to CSCL. It contains videos of several presentations at CSCL conferences.
- Group Cognition web page contains a pre-publication version of a new book on CSCL -- "Group Cognition: Computer Support for Building Collaborative Knowledge" by Gerry Stahl, MIT Press, 2006.
- Allan Jeong's web page contains links to empirical studies and software tools that use student labeled communications in CSCL to analyze, visualize, and identify sequential patterns in message-response exchanges (e.g., argument-challenge, challenge-explain) that trigger high level critical thinking and problem-solving.