索利德·斯内克（英語：Solid Snake，通稱「斯内克」，又譯「固體蛇」，是系列作另一位主角.裸蛇「Big Boss」的複製人(詳見潛龍諜影系列角色列表)，後來稱作「Old Snake」，是一位由科樂美的小島秀夫創作的電子遊戲潛龍諜影系列中的虛構人物，同時也是大部分作品的主角。本名大衛（David），姓氏不詳。由大塚明夫擔任人物的日語聲優，而英語聲優則是身為演員和編劇家的大衛·哈特。
在他出場亮相時，斯内克的視覺外觀是引用流行的演員。這樣的設計顯示了他作為一個棕色頭髮、身穿深色西裝的成年男人。這個外觀仍大多是一致的整個後續地分支，有因他的年齡推進而改變。《潛龍諜影2 自由之子》中，他假裝成為Navy SEAL的制服。在《潛龍諜影4》中他經歷了一個明顯、急劇的變化，他的加速老化讓他看起來更接近老人。儘管如此，他仍然穿著他的西裝執行任務或不同的偽裝，看起來像其他的角色或年輕的自我。
- ^ Metal Gear Solid, Konami Computer Entertainment Japan (1998).
Meryl: "So... where to, Snake?" // Snake: "David. My name is David..." // Meryl: "Okay, so where to, Dave?"
- ^ Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Kojima Productions (2008).
Big Mama: "My, how you've grown... David..."
- ^ Roy Campbell: ...You were there too I believe. Didn't you infiltrate western Iraq with a platoon of Green Berets? Snake: I was just a kid myself back then. (Metal Gear Solid)
- ^ Colonel Campbell: [Solid Snake], there's enough dirt in your file from your days as an agent to keep you in the stockade until you're a very old man.
- ^ Snake: Right now my fifty huskies are my only family. I've got to take care of them. (Metal Gear Solid)
- ^ Meryl Silverburgh: Is there anyone you like? Solid Snake: I've never been interested in anyone else's life... Meryl Silverburgh: So you are all alone. Just like Mantis said. Solid Snake: Other people just complicate my life. I don't like to get involved. Meryl Silverburgh: You're a sad, lonely man.(Metal Gear Solid)
- ^ Solid Snake: I told you, even if I do owe you I don't owe anything to this army or this country!. Colonel Campbell: You will accept this assignment! Solid Snake: Why should I be stupid enough to do that? I'm no patriot. (Metal Gear Solid)
- ^ Solid Snake: ...I just didn't expect a world-class designer of military technology to be so...cute. Mei Ling: You're just flattering me... Solid Snake: No, I'm serious. Now I know I won't be bored for the next 18 hours. (Metal Gear Solid)
- ^ Naomi: ...Why did you go so far out of your way to save her? For Campbell's sake... or... maybe it's because you like her? Solid Snake: I don't want to see any woman die right in front of me. Naomi Hunter: Oh really? Since when did anybody's death bother you so much? Colonel Campbell: Naomi! It's true that [Solid Snake] has killed a lot of people, that doesn't mean he doesn't have a heart. (Metal Gear Solid)
- ^ Naomi Hunter: ...Friends? Solid Snake: ...Frank Jaeger Naomi Hunter: But... didn't you try to kill each other? Solid Snake: That's true. We did. In Zanzibar. But it was nothing personal. We were just professionals on opposite sides, that's all. Naomi Hunter: And you still call yourselves friends? Solid Snake: Hard to believe? War is no reason to end a friendship. (Metal Gear Solid)
- ^ Otacon: I wanna ask you... Do you think love can bloom even on a battlefield? Solid Snake: Yeah...I do. I think at any time, any place... people can fall in love with each other. (Metal Gear Solid)
- ^ Vulcan Raven: Rejoice, Snake! Ours will be a glorious battle. Solid Snake: This isn't glorious. It's just plain killing. Violence isn't a sport! (Metal Gear Solid)
- ^ Solid Snake: It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive. Meryl Silverburgh: Seeing other people die makes you feel alive, huh? You love war and don't want it to stop... Is it the same with all great soldiers throughout history?
- ^ Meryl Silverburgh: You monster! Snake: Let him talk. He doesn't have much time left. Psycho Mantis: I've seen true evil. You Snake. You're just like the Boss... No, you're worse. Compared to you, I'm not so bad.
- ^ Solid Snake: I don't want that kind of world! Liquid Snake: Ha! You lie! So why are you here then? Why do you continue to follow your orders while your superiors betray you? Why did you come here? Solid Snake: ...... Liquid Snake: Well... I'll tell you then. You enjoy all the killing, that's why. Solid Snake: What! Liquid Snake: Are you denying it? Haven't you already killed most of my comrades? Solid Snake: That was... Liquid Snake: I watched your face when you did it. It was filled with the joy of battle.