|平台||PlayStation 3、Xbox 360、Microsoft Windows|
PlayStation 3、Xbox 360：
界面採用開放世界第三人稱視角，以主角追溯其刺客祖先記憶而控制其行動。遊戲引入「社會狀態圖像」（Social Status Icon）從而讓主角能了解附近敵兵與區域對其祖先的注意程度及警戒狀態[註 1]，並以「高姿態」（High Profile）及「低姿態」（Low Profile）區分行動性質[註 2]：低姿態行為較容易被社會接受[註 3]；高姿態行為以行動為中心[註 4]（例如擒拿和拋擲敵人、疾跑）。一旦附近區域對其祖先出現高度警戒狀態，其祖先可選擇把應戰敵兵殺死或逃離敵兵視線範圍並躲藏直至警戒回復正常。
其祖先之生命值以主角及祖先之間之「同步值」（Sychronization）顯示[註 5]：作出與真實記憶不合之事（如受傷或傷及無辜）會使同步值下降，失去之同步值能透過重新經歷祖先之生活而遂漸回復[註 6]，降至零點會導致記憶重新開始[註 7]；作出與真實記憶相同之事（如拯救市民或在每次刺殺行動前對目標作出全面調查）會使同步最高值逐漸提升。完全同步時主角可使用其祖先之第六感官「鷹眼視界」（Eagle Vision）以感知附近人們對其祖先之態度[註 8][註 9]。
當年阿泰爾奉命與兩名同伴到所羅門聖殿尋找一個古代遺物，卻對於自己過度自信[註 12]，不但被刺客之宿敵聖殿騎士團阻止[註 13]且違背了三大刺客教條[註 14]：不殺無辜[註 15]、不暴露行蹤[註 16]、不連累刺客組織[註 17][註 18]。於回到刺客組織位於馬西亞夫的保壘後，刺客組織之首拉希德丁·锡南（Rashid ad-Din Sinan）把阿泰爾降至最低級別[註 19]，同時命其刺殺九名位於聖地（耶路撒冷、大馬士革、阿卡）內的騎士團重要人物以作贖罪[註 20]，為十字軍及撒拉森勢力之間帶來和平[註 21]。
阿泰爾把各人逐一刺殺，並了解眾人之目的為利用從所羅門聖殿取得之古代遺物控制人民思想以帶來和平，而聖殿騎士團之最終計劃為聯合十字軍及撒拉森勢力以摧毀刺客組織，但阿泰爾在刺殺最後一名目標－聖殿騎士團大團長羅貝爾·德薩布萊（Robert de Sablé）後始悉拉希德丁乃聖殿騎士[註 22]，因企圖獨佔遺物而派遣阿泰爾刺殺其餘九人[註 23]：該遺物名為「伊甸碎片」[註 24]，能控制人類思想及造出幻象[註 25]，而古代之超自然現像包括古埃及法師把手杖變成蛇、摩西分紅海、特洛伊戰爭中神明顯靈、迦拿的婚禮中水變成酒等全為此遺物造出之幻象[註 26][註 27]。在阿泰爾回到刺客組織保壘後[註 28]，拉希德丁利用碎片造出各種幻象與阿泰爾展開決鬥。阿泰爾擊破各幻術後刺殺拉希德丁[註 29]，碎片亦於此時投射出全世界其餘多塊碎片位置的立體影像。
遊戲普遍獲得正面評價。Eurogamer表示遊玩過程沒有進步，最終變得沈悶而且過於重複。Electronic Gaming Monthly成員Andrew P.於評論中認為遊戲的跑酷式逃生路線富挑戰性。Fami通以40分為滿分下分別為遊戲之Xbox 360版和PS3版給予36分和37分，讚揚了遊戲劇情、表達手法和主角之高難度動作，但對過於簡單之戰鬥系統、地圖和視角問題作出批評。Game Informer以10分為滿分下給予遊戲9.5分，讚揚遊戲之操作系統、重玩價值和吸引的劇情，但認為情報打聽的任務過於重複。ESPN成員Aaron Boulding認為遊戲之社會潛行概念相當創新，而且設計者在視覺上捕捉了神髓。。GameTrailers同樣表揚了遊戲的劇情並對此給予9.7分，但指出重複度高的玩法與下等的人工智能使遊戲的潛質下降，認為遊戲雖有所突破但未能做好部分基本要素。GamesRadar為遊戲給予10分滿分；Metacritic為遊戲之Xbox 360與PS3版各給予81分。GamePro認為如果玩家願意付出耐性，遊戲能提供部分最佳的遊玩體驗。Hyper雜誌成員Darren Wells讚揚遊戲劇情、畫面和操作，但批評部分任務不大適合電腦平台而且選單系統設計不佳。
- ^ In-game Animus tutorial program: The Social Status Icon [Exposed, Cool Down, Vanishing, Vanished, Anonymous] gives you information on your social status.
- ^ In-game Animus tutorial program: The Animus differentiates between two fundamental actions: Low Profile and High Profile.
- ^ In-game Animus tutorial program: Low Profile actions are socially acceptable.
- ^ In-game Animus tutorial program: High Profile actions are more action-oriented.
- ^ In-game Animus tutorial program: The Sychronization Bar measures your sychronization with your ancestor.
- ^ In-game Animus tutorial program: Should you lose sych, you can restore sychronization by reliving key moments of your ancestor's life, or by respecting the Creed.
- ^ In-game Animus tutorial program: If you ever fall completely out of sych, the Animus will retore you to your last sychronized position.
- ^ In-game Animus tutorial program: Now that you are fully syched, a new ability is available to you. Refered to as Eagle Vision, this sixth sense helped your ancestor understand the intentions of the people around him.
- ^ In-game Animus tutorial program: Remember, Eagle Vision will only be available when you are fully syched.
- ^ Vidic: You're inside the Animus. Desmond: Which is...? Vidic: It's a projector that renders genetic memories into three dimensions.
- ^ In-game Animus tutorial program: Hello, Subject Seventeen.
- ^ Altaïr: Robert de Sablé. His life is mine. Malik: No! We were asked to retrieve the treasure and deal with Robert only if necessasry. Altaïr: He stands between us and it. I'd say it's necessary. Malik: Discretion, Altaïr!. Altaïr: You mean cowardice. That man is our greatest enemy, and here we have a chance to be rid of him. Malik: You have already broken two tenets of our creed. Now you would break the third: do not compromise the brotherhood. Altaïr: I am your superior, in both title and ability. Youl should know better than to question me.
- ^ Robert: I spare you only that you may return to your master and deliver a message.
- ^ Rashid: Three simple tenets, which you seem to forget. I will remind you.
- ^ Rashid: First and foremost: Stay your blade... Altaïr: from the flesh of an innocent. I know.
- ^ Rashid: The second tenet is that which gives us strength. Hide in plain sight. Let the people mask you such that you become one with the crowd.
- ^ Rashid: The third and final tenet, the worst of all your betrayals. Never compromise the brotherhood.
- ^ In-game Animus tutorial program: The Creed consists of three tenets. First, never hurt an innocent person. Second, always be discreet. Third, do not compromise the clan.
- ^ Rashid: You'll see that you've been stripped of all your possessions. Your rank as well. You are a novice, a child once more, as you were on the day you first joined our Order.
- ^ Rashid: I am offering you a chance at redemption. You'll earn your way back into the brotherhood.
- ^ Rashid: I hold here a list. Nine names adorn it. Nine men who need to die. They are plague bringers, war makers. Their power and influence corrupts the land and ensures the Crusades continue. You will find them. Kill them. In doing so, you sow the seeds of peace, both for the region, and for yourself. In this way you might be redeemed.
- ^ Robert: Nine men he sent you to kill, yes? The nine who guarded the treasure's secret. Altaïr: What of it? Robert: It wasn't nine who found the treasure, Assassin. Not nine, but ten. Altaïr: A tenth? None may live to carry the secret. Give me his name. Robert: Oh, but you know him well, and I doubt very much you'd take his life, as willingly as you've taken mine. Altaïr: Who? Robert: It is your master, Al Mualim.
- ^ Altaïr: I have no interest in the treasure. Robert: Ah, but he does. The only difference between your master and I, is that he did not want to share.
- ^ Rashid: That's all it's ever done, this Templar treasure, this... Piece of Eden.
- ^ Rashid: He who holds it commands the hearts and minds of whoever looks upon it, whoever tastes of it, as they say.
- ^ Rashid: This... piece of silver, cast out Adam and Eve. It turned staves into snakes, parted and closed the Red Sea. Eris used it to start the Trojin War, and with it, a poor carpenter turned water into wine.
- ^ Rashid: Do you understand now? The Rea Sea was never parted. Water never turned to wine. It was not the machinations of Eris that spawned the Trojan War, but this! Illusions! All of them!
- ^ Rashid: So... the student returns. Altaïr: I've never been one to run. Rashid: Never been one to listen either.
- ^ Rashid: Impossible. The student does not defeat the teacher. Altaïr: La'a shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine. Rashid: So it seems. You have won then. Go, and claim your prize.
- ^ Abstergo: Well? Vidic: We've got the map.
- ^ Lucy: We might need him, his memories. I'd recommend we hold him until we have confirmation that there aren't any surprises waiting for us at the sites. Abstergo: Very well. Ensure we have no further need of him, then kill him.
- ^ Vidic: Don't get too comfortable, Mr. Miles! We'll be back for you soon enough.
- ^ Assassin's Creed II. Lucy: We're going to train you - turn you into one of us. Desmond: What?! No, no... you've seen me in action - I'm no good at this. And even if I was... it would take months - years, even. Lucy: No. Not with the Animus. Not with the bleeding effect... If you can follow in his footsteps, you'll learn everything he did - just like he did. Years of training absorbed in a matter of days.
- ^ Desmond: Oh my god! It looks like... is that blood? Who the hell were they keeping here before me? What happened to him? What does it mean, I wonder.
- ^ Launch date announced. IGN. [2007-10-25].
- ^ Assassin's Creed game detail page at Xbox.com. [2008-04-04].
- ^ Assassin's Creed official site. Ubisoft.
- ^ アサシン クリード (xbox360). Ubisoft. [2008-04-04].
- ^ Unofficial PC ship dates on Gamespot. Gamespot. [2008-02-26].
- ^ Assassin's Creed. Steam. [2008-04-04].
- ^ Assassin's Creed. EB Games Australia. [2008-04-04].
- ^ Assassin's Creed. EB Games New Zealand. [2008-04-04].
- ^ Assassin's Creed. GAME. [2008-04-04].
- ^ Memory Block 1
- ^ Memory Blocks 2, 3, 4, 5
- ^ Memory Block 6
- ^ Memory Block 7
- ^ 14.0 14.1 The Making of Assassin's Creed at Edge (magazine)
- ^ IGN: Assassin's Creed Preview
- ^ IGN: IGN Exclusive Interview: Kristen Bell
- ^ Interview: Assassin's creed. Computer and videogames. [November 3, 2008].
- ^ Nick Doerr. Assassin's Creed producer speaks out, we listen intently [update 1]. [November 3, 2008].
- ^ Assassin's Creed for Xbox 360 - GameRankings. GameRankings. [2009-08-15].
- ^ Assassin's Creed for PC - GameRankings. GameRankings. [2009-08-15].
- ^ Assassin's Creed for PlayStation 3 - GameRankings. GameRankings. [2009-08-15].
- ^ 22.0 22.1 Assassin's Creed (ps3) reviews at Metacritic.com. GameRankings. [2009-08-15].
- ^ 23.0 23.1 Assassin's Creed (xbox360) reviews at Metacritic.com. GameRankings. [2009-08-15].
- ^ Assassin's Creed Director's Cut (pc) reviews at Metacritic.com. GameRankings. [2009-08-15].
- ^ Assassin's Creed Review // Xbox 360 /// Eurogamer
- ^ Andrew P., "Review of Assassin's Creed," Electronic Gaming Monthly 224 (January 2008): 89.
- ^ Famitsu reviews Dragon Quest IV, Assassins Creed, Guilty Gear 2 and more
- ^ Assassin's Creed nabs 37/40 from Famitsu
- ^ Game Informer, December 2007 issue
- ^ ESPN – Easy Points – 'Tis the Season – Videogames
- ^ GameTrailers Assassin's Creed Video Review
- ^ Melick, Todd. Assassin's Creed review. GamePro. November 14, 2007 [2008-01-08]. （原始内容存档于2007-11-10）.
- ^ Wells, Darren. Assassin's Creed. Hyper (Next Media). June 2008, (176): 54. ISSN 1320-7458.