- Adler, J. and Carey, J. (1982) "Enigmas of Evolution", Newsweek, March 29, 1982.
- Brett, C. E., L. C. Ivany, and K. M. Schopf (1996) "Coordinated stasis: An overview." Palaeogeography Palaeoclimatology Palaeoecology 127 (1-4): 1-20.
- Erwin, D. H. and R. L. Anstey (1995) New approaches to speciation in the fossil record. New York : Columbia University Press.
- Fitch, W. J. and F. J. Ayala (1995) Tempo and mode in evolution : genetics and paleontology 50 years after Simpson. Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press.
- Gersick, C. J. G. (1991): Revolutionary Change Theories: A Multilevel Exploration of the Punctuated Equilibrium Paradigm. The Academy of Management Review 16 (1), pp. 10-36.
- Ghiselin, M.T. (1986) "We Are All Contraptions", The New York Times, December 14, 1986.
- Givel, Michael (2006) "Punctuated Equilibrium in Limbo: The Tobacco Lobby and U.S. State Policy Making From 1990 to 2003"[失效連結]. Policy Studies Journal 43 (3): 405-418
- Gould, S. J. (1992) "Punctuated equilibrium in fact and theory." In Albert Somit and Steven Peterson The Dynamics of Evolution. New York: Cornell University Press. pp. 54-84.
- Gould, S. J. and N. Eldredge (1993) "Punctuated equilibrium comes of age" Nature 366 (6452): 223-227.
- Mayr, E. (1963) Animal Species and Evolution. Cambridge MA: Harvard University Press.
- Rhodes, R. H. T. (1983) "Gradualism, punctuated equilibrium and the Origin of Species." Nature 305 (5932): 269-272.
- "What is Punctuated Equilibria?" - by Wesley Elsberry
- "Punctuated Equilibrium at Twenty" - by Donald Prothero
- "Punctuated Equilibrium's Threefold History" - by Stephen Jay Gould
- "The Theoretical Value of Punctuated Equilibrium" - Robyn Broyles
- "Theory Still Rocks Scientists' Equilibrium" - by Keay Davidson
- "On the Trails of Macroevolution" - by Carl Zimmer
- "All you need to know about Punctuated Equilibrium (almost)"[失效連結] - by Douglas Theobald.