危地马拉和墨西哥都曾有屠杀女性的报导。根据报导，在华雷斯城谋杀案（murders in Juarez，又名las muertas de Juárez）和危地马拉市的屠杀女性行为中，地方当局都没有介入。大多数被害女性都被奸杀、断肢、拷打甚至肢解。据女同性恋者权益保护组织Lesbiradas称，在危地马拉市2004、2005年发生的屠杀女性事件中，超过500名被害女性中有20%是因为与其他女性有过“亲密关系”而被成对杀害的。
- Coined by Mary Anne Warren in her 1985 book Gendercide: The Implications of Sex Selection
- 2006 Random House Unabridged Dictionary
- 去年疑墮掉3000女嬰 衛生署：加強稽查性別篩選
- 濫用超音波 亞洲短缺1.17億名女性
- Femicide and Gender Violence in Mexico, retrieved on May 28, 2007.
- 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica
- Robert Eisenman, James The Brother of Jesus, 1997, I.3 "Romans, Herodians and Jewish sects" discusses Mariamne, the last representative of the Maccabean line, by whom Herod had two sons, whom he put to death. "Here Herod really did kill all the Jewish children who sought to replace him, as Matthew 2:17 would have it, but these were rather his own children with Maccabean blood!" (p. 49); see also E. P. Sanders, The Historical Figure of Jesus, 87-88
- Rounaq Jahan, "Genocide in Bangladesh", in Samuel Totten et al., eds., Century of Genocide, p298. R.J. Rummel writes: "By November , the rebel guerrillas ... had wrested from the army control over 25 percent of East Pakistan, a success that led the Pakistan army to seek out those especially likely to join the resistance -- young boys. Sweeps were conducted of young men who were never seen again. Bodies of youths would be found in fields, floating down rivers, or near army camps. As can be imagined, this terrorized all young men and their families within reach of the army. Most between the ages of fifteen and twenty-five began to flee from one village to another and toward India. Many of those reluctant to leave their homes were forced to flee by mothers and sisters concerned for their safety." Rummel, Death By Government (New Brunswick, USA: Transaction Publishers, 1994), p329.
- Jones, Adam. Gendercide and Genocide. Journal of Genocide Research. June 2000, 2 (2): 185 – 211.
- The Crimes of Saddam Hussein
- Koreme Before The Anfal Campaign
- Gendercide Watch: The Anfal Campaign (Iraqi Kurdistan), 1988
- Srebrenica Timeline
- Serbians Still Divided Over Srebrenica Massacre
- Femicide in Guatemala--Guernica Magazine (guernicamag.com)
- Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, Situation of the Rights of Women in Ciudad Juárez (2002) — Report by OAS human rights agency.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Graduate Research " Juarez Mothers Fight Femicide Documentary" (March 2005)
- The Economist - No place for your daughters (November 24, 2005)
- Lourdes Portillo Video, Señorita Extraviada ISDN 0807861731 2001