- Kiribati health information profile. World Health Organization - Western Pacific Ocean. World Health Organization. [9 June 2011].
- Kiribati profile on New Zealand's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade official Site. New Zealand's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. [9 June 2011].
- Pareti, Samisoni. Politics: Easing congestion and overcrowding. Island Business (Islands Business International). [9 June 2011].
- Samuel Eliot Morison. The Gilberts & Marshalls: A distinguished historian recalls the past of two recently captured pacific groups. Life magazine. 1944-05-22 [2009-10-14].
Being now abreast of this island, the extremity ending in a beautiful clump of trees, I hauled up to look at the bay. It appeared to be safe and commodious, sheltered by a long reef running parallel with the island, with two large inlets into the bay. The reef is about 3/4 of a mile from the beach, and has several small islands which appear like flower pots.
- Grimble, Sir Arthur. A Pattern of Islands. Early New Zealand Books (NZETC). 1952 [16 Oct 2011].
- Grimble, Sir Arthur. A Pattern of Islands. John Murray & Co, London, 1952; republished 2011 by Eland, London. ISBN 978-1906011-45-1.
- Tarawa on The Web - A History of the Bloodiest Battle
- The Marine Assault of Tarawa
- Tarawa the Aftermath
- "Tarawa" the USCG cat
- Exhibit: The Alfred Agate Collection: The United States Exploring Expedition, 1838-1842 from the Navy Art Gallery