|象征类型||象征名称||图像 / 音频||注释|
|In God We Trust
|E pluribus unum
- "The flag of the United States shall be thirteen horizontal stripes, alternate red and white; and the union of the flag shall be forty-eight stars, white in a blue field."（美國法典第4卷第1章–第1部分）
"On the admission of a new State into the Union one star shall be added to the union of the flag; and such addition shall take effect on the fourth day of July then next succeeding such admission."（美國法典第4卷第1章–第2部分）
- "The seal heretofore used by the United States in Congress assembled is declared to be the seal of the United States."（美國法典第4卷第2章–第41部分）
- Beans, Bruce E. Eagle's plume : the struggle to preserve the life and haunts of America's bald eagle 1. Bison Books print. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press. 1996: 59 [2018-08-05]. ISBN 0-8032-6142-X.
A modified version of Charles Thomson's proposal for the Great Seal of the United States on June 20, 1782, with a bald eagle in the center, was adopted by the Continental Congress on June 20, 1782.
- National Bison Legacy Act, Pub. L. 114-152, 130 Stat. 373 (approved May 9, 2016), § 3(a) ("The mammal commonly known as the 'North American bison' is adopted as the national mammal of the United States.")
- 15 Facts About Our National Mammal: The American Bison. United States Department of the Interior. 2016-05-09 [2016-05-27].
- Harris, Gardiner. Obama Signs Law Making Bison the First National Mammal. The New York Times. 2016-05-09 [2016-05-27].
- "(a) The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem."（美國法典第36卷第3章–第301部分）
- "'In God we trust' is the national motto."（美國法典第36卷第3章–第302部分）
- Boris I. Bittker; Scott C. Idleman; Frank S. Ravitch. Religion and the State in American Law. London. 2015-10-06: 136 [2018-08-05]. ISBN 978-1107419285.
The nation's first unofficial motto was 'E pluribus unum'('Out of many, one'), which was proposed in 1776, adopted in 1782, and to this day is part of the Great Seal of the United States. 'E plurbius unum' first appeared in coinage in 1795 and in 1873 was required on all U.S. coinage...
- "The flower commonly known as the rose is the national floral emblem."（美國法典第36卷第3章–第303部分）
- "The composition by John Philip Sousa entitled 'The Stars and Stripes Forever' is the national march."（美國法典第36卷第3章–第304部分）
- "The tree genus Quercus, commonly known as the oak tree, is the national tree."（美國法典第36卷第3章–第305部分）